• Current Donation Goals

39 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

And? What is your point? Does everyone who plays for us have to be able to make a killer pass at any given moment? How many current players qualify? One in Fabregas but his other deficiencies makes his inclusion in the team problematic (three managers in a row who's not seen him as an automatic starter). 

Out of the midfielders we have, when it comes to killer passes Jorginho is our second best among the batch likely to play this season (Jorginho, Barkley, Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek, Fabregas). But he brings a lot more than killer passes to the team. He orchestrates the whole team and ensures that we, as a team, get a few extra moment on the ball. He's our most important midfielder by a country mile.

Spot on. I can't get my head around the criticism that Jorginho is starting to get. He's not the player to play the killer pass, much like Kante isn't so really unsure why it would be bought up by anyone. 

If there is any problem in our midfield currently it certainly isn't Jorginho.

45 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I think the once problem collectively is lack of goals and that could hurt us in the end

Sea foot   
8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think the once problem collectively is lack of goals and that could hurt us in the end

Although I can't really argue against this, we all know that we lack a goal scorer, I would just like to point out that only City with all their millions has scored more than us. Six games in with a new manager/philosophy hasn't gone too bad at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

Although I can't really argue against this, we all know that we lack a goal scorer, I would just like to point out that only City with all their millions has scored more than us. 

Eh!

rhe bin dippers have scored the same and conceded less and won more games

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

And? What is your point? Does everyone who plays for us have to be able to make a killer pass at any given moment? How many current players qualify? One in Fabregas but his other deficiencies makes his inclusion in the team problematic (three managers in a row who's not seen him as an automatic starter). 

Out of the midfielders we have, when it comes to killer passes Jorginho is our second best among the batch likely to play this season (Jorginho, Barkley, Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek, Fabregas). But he brings a lot more than killer passes to the team. He orchestrates the whole team and ensures that we, as a team, get a few extra moment on the ball. He's our most important midfielder by a country mile.

It going to be interesting to see his passing stats against the bin dippers. I suspect they will target him And close him down earler. 

23 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

Although I can't really argue against this, we all know that we lack a goal scorer, I would just like to point out that only City with all their millions has scored more than us. Six games in with a new manager/philosophy hasn't gone too bad at the moment. 

Sorry , should have clarified this and said "lack of goals from midfield"

33 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Maybe the Borg can help us collectively 

7 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Kovacic became first choice because he's technically one of the best players we have. He's comfortable on the ball, executes a high percentage of his passes successfully, and has a game that is well balanced offensively and defensively. Sarri has more or less built his midfield around Jorginho and everyone else effectively needs to adapt.

The Jorgy. Kante, Kovacic midfield have 22 league goals between them in 378 league starts.   7 of Jorgy's 10 have been penalties, so that is 15 in play goals between them.

Despite playing almost always in incredibly successful teams (and for 2 of them in leagues with many weak teams.)
Now no one is seriously looking for the next SFL, but clearly this is a defensive midfield that is happiest playing at least 40 yards from the oppo keeper.

Certainly Kante has to adapt and certainly he is the one making most effort to do so.

2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Exactly - just the one player - Fabregas.  Which is why he is so unique.  Which is why managers again and again end the season with him in the team.  As will Sarri.

(The deficiencies argument btw is pure bollox.  Along the lines of Malouda being a coward.  A desperate way of defending a poor argument).

2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Spot on. I can't get my head around the criticism that Jorginho is starting to get. He's not the player to play the killer pass, much like Kante isn't so really unsure why it would be bought up by anyone. 

I disagree. Jorginho is a player who often plays a killer ball over the top of the defense. He did it all the time at Napoli and the reason why he hasn't done more of it here is that no one is making the right runs. 

32 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

1. Exactly - just the one player - Fabregas.  Which is why he is so unique.  Which is why managers again and again end the season with him in the team.  As will Sarri.

2. (The deficiencies argument btw is pure bollox.  Along the lines of Malouda being a coward.  A desperate way of defending a poor argument).

1. Yes. Like I said. So how come it's a valid critisism of Jorginho that he doesn't execute enough killer passes? The only one who's better than him when it comes to killer passes is a player that is unable to start more than 30 games this season. Maybe you should ask why we haven't executed more killer passes. Maybe the movement isn't good enough?

2. Huh? Highlighting a players deficiencies is bollox? You're not making much sense here I'm afraid. And what on earth does Malouda have to do with this? 

5 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I disagree. Jorginho is a player who often plays a killer ball over the top of the defense. He did it all the time at Napoli and the reason why he hasn't done more of it here is that no one is making the right runs. 

He actually did exactly this against West Ham , from memory twice in the game but I distinctly remember him dinking the ball over the defence towards the end of the game which made a goal scoring opportunity which we spurned (naturally) , It may have been the one where Willian ( suprise ) took the wrong option and shot when he should have played in Morata for a tap in .