• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

West Ham 0 Chelsea 0

kev61   
2 minutes ago, Phoenix Blue said:

So what do we do about Kante, he can't replace Jorghino or Kovacic. Can't see a place for him?

We look as if we have too many players vying for forward positions - maybe play Kante in the hole in front of the defense?

ripz   
7 minutes ago, Phoenix Blue said:

So what do we do about Kante, he can't replace Jorghino or Kovacic. Can't see a place for him?

That's the strange thing now, Kante and Azpi were pivotal to us last couple of years but in this setup we need players who can create chances and score goals and they do neither, in the style we're trying to play now they look the weakest. We need Kovacic, Kante, Willian doing more , making better runs and getting in the box. Willian and Azpi really don't do much down the right at all, Willian doesn't get into the box enough he hangs out wide and Azpi doesn't get forward.

Edited by ripz

GURJ SS   
Just now, Kezza said:

2 good opportunities for Kante already. Need to get another player on the end of those.

I think Kante and Jorge need to switch positions, WH are hitting us on the break but allowing us the ball Infront of their box so switching those two would be better suited to this match.

Kezza   

Why not switch Kante and Kovacic? Sounds easy? Kante is more natural in a deeper role which Kovacic is occupying. Kovacic can play a more attacking role in Kantes current position. Whats the problem?

kev61   
10 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Not sure why he can't switch place with Kovacic. Kovacic will be more effective up front.

That would do for me.

1 minute ago, kev61 said:

We look as if we have too many players vying for forward positions - maybe play Kante in the hole in front of the defense?

Would mean a change of formation wouldn't it?

chelboy   

Considering how soft we are defensively Kante is the last guy I would want out of this team. Just feel he would be better on the left to cover for Alonso. We do not see the best of Kante when he is on that side. Need Kovacic to help the right hand side attacking wise and Kante to help the left side  defensively to get a better balance in this team.  Lucky not to be down good save by Kepa.

Edited by chelboy

I would be tempted to go two up front and play a 442 diamond, with Dave and Alonso pushed up. As Willian is putting in a typical Willian starting performance and Moses is the only other winger option on the bench; I would like to see Morata and Giroud together to try and give their CB's something to think about. 

1 minute ago, Kezza said:

Why not switch Kante and Kovacic? Sounds easy? Kante is more natural in a deeper role which Kovacic is occupying. Kovacic can play a more attacking role in Kantes current position. Whats the problem?

Yep, also why have hazard and Willian back for West Ham corners, leave them up the pitch and force them to have to put 3 back