• Current Donation Goals

1 minute ago, Martin1905 said:

We just beat the scum ffs!!!! Anyone would think we'd just got hammered by them. 

Agreed Martin. Far too many on here determined to be negative whatever happens.

• Like 2

kev61   
2 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Isn't it a sign of a good team, not playing well and winning away to the champions elect? 

We've now played 8, won 7, drawn 1 and are still unbeaten this season, are Liverpool? I'd have thought reading some of these comments we had started badly. So many positives to take already yet it appears to be all doom and gloom.

Absolutely dominated them for 30 minutes and then Fabregas went missing, for the rest of the game and it all went to ****. I love him and want to see him play more but this performance is exactly why Jorginho will be straight back in on Saturday. I 100% think if Jorginho had started we would never had lost control of this game the way we did.

True - Fabregas is like an inflatable footballer with a leak,he looks fully blown up at the start of a game but by the end he is well and truly punctured.

6 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Beating this Liverpool side on their home patch with their starting 11 pretty strong IS A BAD THING ?!!?!

You must be having a laugh. Beating Liverpool, supposedly the main title challengers to City this year, AT Anfield, with half our 11 rested is only going to be a real confidence booster for this side under their new manager.

The approach was positive, the performance was good, the midfield totally outperformed theirs, the backline had some shaky moments but largely survived... I’m struggling to see a real negative here. 

Thank you.

I'm amazed, although maybe I shouldn't be, by the reaction on here. I turned the commentary off as soon as that horrible spitty **** spoke his first word, it's amazing how I can come away with what seems to be a completely different opinion, after watching in silence. 

Edited by Martin1905

1 minute ago, Martin1905 said:

Thank you.

I'm amazed, although maybe I shouldn't be, by the reaction on here. I turned the commentary off as soon as that horrible spitty **** spoke his first word, it's amazing how I can come away with what seems to be a completely different opinion, after listening in silence. 

Be nice to have learnt a thing or two about fringe players and youth whilst winning though,  would t you agree? 

Leo91   

Just saw the goal. Exceptional. That might be his best goal in a blue shirt.

3 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Be nice to have learnt a thing or two about fringe players and youth whilst winning though,  would t you agree? 

For sure, if we had won but by far and away the most important thing tonight was to beat that horrible, horrible, scummy football club.

I can't remember the last time two big teams played each other in this competition and either played many, if any, youth. 

Hazard's goal was outragous and I love beating the dippers but for me tonight was more about seeing how the squad is shaping up and for me it was a bit mixed. Here is my 2p's worth;

Willy - decent shot stopper and a ok 2nd choice. Will not want him in goal for an extended run.

Dave - First XI starter

Christensen - Started well then it all went pear shaped. Long way off replacing Luiz and could even be 4th choice atm. 

Cahill - Solid but really does not fit the system. Expect him to go in Jan and a replacement signed as Christensen still has the years on him .

Emerson - Firm second choice and will not be any good when we are under the cosh unless played in a in front of Alonso.

Barkley - Tidy performance and seems to be getting better. Good squad option that can be realied on in this system. 

Cesc - Great 30 mins at the start then got lost. Tbh, been saying it for a while but he is now a great impact sub but not starting material.

Kovacic - Good first half then ran out of puff in the second. This I think is down to fitness and lack of playing time. However, for me he is still a first XI player but has potential to be better. 

Willian - What can you say, one of the most frustrating players I have ever seen in regards to decision making in the final third. For me he is still behind Pedro for a starting XI position as he just does not do the right thing enough. 

Morata - Starting to become a serious issue. Getting to the point where we might have to think about taking a serious loss. Dream scenario is to send him to Inter and get Icardi. 

Moses - Decent player for a squad 15-22 position as he provides an option to make things more solid down the right for the last 15/20 mins in tight games.