• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our EFL Cup Third Round match against Liverpool at Anfield, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45, Wednesday, 26th September, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

^ Plenty of choice.  for example:

Cabballero

Zappa, Cahill, Christensen, Emerson

Barkley, Fabregas, Drinkwater, 

Moses, Morata, RLC

CHO and Ampadu as first subs

I'm hoping that this is the least important of any competition we are in this year .

We can win the Europa League and get entry to the Champions League

We can get top four in the Premier League and get entry to the Champions League .

Sarri is known and has been criticised in the past for non rotation of his favoured players , in fact it can be argued that had he done a tad more rotation his side could have won the Scudetto last year .

My fear is we will see the same old faces week in week out culminating in our form dropping off completely for the run in as players tire from their previous summers World Cup exertions.

This is Sarri's chance to change things around completely , we have the biggest most usable squad for what seems like my lifetime supporting Chelsea and this cup is the ideal place to do so .

Fail to rotate now when we really need to and it could spell the end of Sarriball before it's even got going. 

Personally , I couldn't care less if we played the Youth team and got beat 12-0 , but play the second string and get a result and all manner of things can unfold.

Drinkwater hasn't been on the bench at all, so I can't see him starting..

Willey

Zappa,Cahill,Christensen,emerson

fabregas,ampadu,RLC

moses,Morata,CHO

hope I'm wrong but

liverpool 3-0

Edited by Never happy

19 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

^ Plenty of choice.  for example:

Cabballero

Zappa, Cahill, Christensen, Emerson

Barkley, Fabregas, Drinkwater, 

Moses, Morata, RLC

CHO and Ampadu as first subs

Would put piazon in as well as drink water only problem is we don’t want to play CHO and Ampadu they play really great but then can’t play Sunday 

kev61   
11 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm hoping that this is the least important of any competition we are in this year .

We can win the Europa League and get entry to the Champions League

We can get top four in the Premier League and get entry to the Champions League .

Sarri is known and has been criticised in the past for non rotation of his favoured players , in fact it can be argued that had he done a tad more rotation his side could have won the Scudetto last year .

My fear is we will see the same old faces week in week out culminating in our form dropping off completely for the run in as players tire from their previous summers World Cup exertions.

This is Sarri's chance to change things around completely , we have the biggest most usable squad for what seems like my lifetime supporting Chelsea and this cup is the ideal place to do so .

Fail to rotate now when we really need to and it could spell the end of Sarriball before it's even got going. 

Personally , I couldn't care less if we played the Youth team and got beat 12-0 , but play the second string and get a result and all manner of things can unfold.

spot on Mark and so say most of us...I guess?.plus if we put a strong team out and get stuffed we have nowhere to hide and is not good for team confidence.Play the youth and it is a win win situation( in a worthless competition) whatever the result.

Edited by kev61

11 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I suspect Liverpool fans feel the same.  Perhaps Klopp too.
This game could end up with both teams turning around and trying to score own goals.  Lose this and we make it a lot harder for Liverpool to win the league.
Almost a duty then.

kev61   

The first six underused players that should start imo are...pugh,pugh,Barney McGrew,Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub - they hold no fear being ex firefighters.