• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Liverpool at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30, Saturday, 29th September, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

Finborough Arms reopens Saturday with a visit from Chopper and Chivers. A beer or two there, then on to the match - and hopefully back for a couple after the match to celebrate - but not counting chickens or tempting date. Just hoping to see Shaquiri repeat today’s imitation of Slippy, and Eden repeat that glorious goal.

1 hour ago, CFCnet Admin said:

CFCnet's Chelsea player ratings vs Liverpool in the huge victory at Anfield in the League Cup third round - do yo agree? https://www.CFCnet.co.uk/chelsea-player-ratings-vs-liverpool-league-cup/

On the generous side overall, notably for Willian, Moses and Azpi. Moses was not bad, but a 6 rather than a 7. One of Azpi's poorest games for us. Willian was a definite 5.

Good team performance for most of the 1st half. Looked very tired second half and really dropped off.

Edited by Backbiter

xCELERYx   

Can see this game being more intense over 90 minutes. I expect Liverpool to press us more regularly and look to get the ball in behind our defence with quick ball movement. 

We're going to need to be a lot better in this fixture if we want a result. 

paulw66   
7 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Can see this game being more intense over 90 minutes. I expect Liverpool to press us more regularly and look to get the ball in behind our defence with quick ball movement. 

We're going to need to be a lot better in this fixture if we want a result. 

And so will they.

I expect both sides might pick their best players for this one though, so Wednesday's game is irrelevant. 

Jasonb   

Great to take the first scalp and inflict their first defeat although with 'B' sides.

Got a feeling Saturday will be a draw and think we will have the mental edge as they will want revenge.

Hopefully I'm wrong and we take all three!

Leo91   

Liverpool need to be taken down a peg or two. Getting a bit too cocky. But I think it's deserved because with their first XI they're going to cause us problems with how we've been at the back so far this season. It's going to take everything to fall into place and every player to put in a 8/10 performance to win it.