• Current Donation Goals

12 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Credit their goalkeeper. Saved two one on ones. 

Credit to our two centre backs for clearing two attempts off the line 

11 hours ago, Gormangorman said:

Droy were you just on TalkSport now calling Mourinho a legend?

Did he not also say the “yes man” is doing a good job at the club?

Sea foot   

I would have loved to be a neutral watching that game. Fantastic game with two teams trying to play football.

It pains me to say it but they are a good team now, so it shows that we can go toe to toe with the best. We are probably going to have some bad results, everyone does, so let's hope that the WHU performance is as bad as it gets.

I feel a lot more confident than I was before the start of the season.

What a game, so refreshing to see a Chelsea side attack a game like that and genuinely try to win and play to our plan A. I'm so impressed with what Sarri has done in such a short period and it's so nice to see happy players and especially a happy Hazard. The end result is frustrating, but if you'd offered me a draw before the game I probably would have taken it, so in the grand scheme of things, being frustrated with a 1-1 says a lot about how well we're doing.

We looked better defensively today, Luiz and Rudiger complimented each other well at times and David Luiz passing ability is sensational, what a game he had today. I feel like that pairing is beginning to work and fair play to Sarri for sticking with them, I think it will pay off long term. Presume we can all agree that Rudi is an absolute hero - love that guy, although he does have the odd rush of blood to the head and I fear he's going to get himself sent off.

Kovacic had another great game, he is a serious talent and a fantastic signing - I hope we're already talking to Madrid about making that deal permanent. My only concern with him is that for some reason Sarri pulls him at 60-70 mins every game, presumably that's because he's tired, which is a shame as if he stays on, I think we see that game out. I also think Fabregas should have come on instead of Barkley, we needed someone who could come on and help keep possession and Fabregas was perfect for that.

I also think it's time CHO replaced Moses as AM4, the team are clearly more comfortable with the system Sarri wants us to play and so no reason that CHO can't start being integrated in to the team. Yesterday's game probably wouldn't have been the best time to throw him in, so I can see why Moses was included, for the experience and understanding of how to manage a game a bit more, but if Moses is ahead of CHO for midweek, then someone should probably have a word in Sarri's ear.

January, we need to go in for a striker if we can, it's going to be tricky to find the right player in January, but we should be doing all we can to find someone - Giroud is decent off the bench and for the odd game, but he isn't a number one striker for a top 6 side. Morata is Morata and I have nothing more to say on him for now, nothing has changed there.

Finally... Hazard, I love this man. If he can keep this form up, he's going to have one hell of a season and we should get that new contract signed asap! He should have scored the 2nd when he was through 1 on 1 and should have been cuter and lifted it over the keeper, but I can't really be critical of him after what he's done for us this season. Order in the cotton wool in bulk, make sure he is tightly wrapped in it through the week and unleash him at the weekends to terrorise the premier league. An absolute star and he's our star!

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

8 hours ago, kev61 said:

Is CHO better than Moses?? and please less of the waffle answer this question directly and stop this cryptic pseudo trying to be intellectual nonsense.

A goal down, yes (but I could name 5 players not starting who would be better than Moses in tha situation.
A goal up (as we were) its is ridiculout suggestion.
Nice to see you have ducked all my answers, come up with a completely different question and accused me of waffling.  Same old kev.

2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

You remember how this conversation started? Me saying our midfield was brilliant, you disagreeing and claiming they outpassed us? I don't think their midfield outpassed our midfield, our passing was on a different level, just look at the goal. 

I really didn't see all that passing on a different level by us.  Our best two passes IMO were by Kante.  There were however some fantastic long balls from the back, mostly by Luiz to cut out the midfield battle.

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

so refreshing to see a Chelsea side attack a game like that and genuinely try to win and play to our plan A

Yes indeed.  I don't object to negative football per se, but I think this is a much better way to accumulate 80+ points.

6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I really didn't see all that passing on a different level by us.  Our best two passes IMO were by Kante.  There were however some fantastic long balls from the back, mostly by Luiz to cut out the midfield battle.

That's because your looking at individual passes.

3 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

That's because your looking at individual passes.

It because I'm looking at where the passing gets us.  And generally all our success came from long balls out of the back, including the goal.

Just now, Droy was my hero said:

It because I'm looking at where the passing gets us.  And generally all our success came from long balls out of the back, including the goal.

Well no, look at the goal which is probably the best example. Not a long ball was it? It was a great bit close, quick, one/two touch passing followed by a very good through ball. 

I didn't see Liverpool's midfield produce anything of such quality.

Leo91   

This game deserves a rewatch without the stress. Liverpool are a well drilled oil machine and it was fascinating to see how our midfield three tracked and covered who. Wasn't great all the time but it was good enough most of the time to stifle Liverpool to pot shots and half chances.

4 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Well no, look at the goal which is probably the best example. Not a long ball was it? It was a great bit close, quick, one/two touch passing followed by a very good through ball. 

I didn't see Liverpool's midfield produce anything of such quality.

It was a long ball by Luiz - not in the air, but some considerable distance - cutting out the midfield play.  Hazard stopped it, spun off to the front line, and frankly the pass to the "in the clear" Hazard was easy.  Jorginho and Kovacic did well, but they weren't key to the goal, that was Luiz and Hazard.

It wasn't a complicated game.  Liverpool had more possession, at least as many chances and were not nearly as dependent on the long ball to create chances as we were.