• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Liverpool 1

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Leo91 said:

That left side of Alonso, Kovacic and Hazard is probably the best in the league. Just not quite clicking on the right flank. If it did bloody hell!

In one direction.
Either that or Liverpool have the best right side.

We should also recognise that while Alonso is playing as a modern FB which is the same as a Conte WB, Azpi is playing more like a Conte RCB than anything else.  Azpi very rarely goes forward, never much more than he would have pushed up to support Moses last season.  And Kante is much more likely to drop level with Jorgy than Kovacic.   The team is not set up symmetrically (which in itself is fine).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

idn't think he was bad yesterday by the way unlucky with the slip

(Azpi).
On a poor pitch, yes a player can be unlucky by trick to change direction quickly on what turns out to be a dodgy patch.

On a good pitch a slip invariably means the player was caught out and tried to react faster than he was physically capable of.  
It was the 2nd kind of slip - Azpi was beaten already.

As someone mentioned 2 bad games in a week, which makes 2 in 204 by my count.  And plenty of RBs have poor games against Mane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

And plenty of RBs have poor games against Mane.

Probably due to his incessant "gamesmanship" or in old money , cheating .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Probably due to his incessant "gamesmanship" or in old money , cheating .

Yeah - ref did well to ignore all of the face clutching and diving.  Might have done better to book him for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kev61   
4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

(Azpi).
 

On a good pitch a slip invariably means the player was caught out and tried to react faster than he was physically capable of.  
It was the 2nd kind of slip - Azpi was beaten already.

 

Maybe he had the wrong studs on his boots? or the area he slipped on had been over watered? or maybe azpi has a neurological problem that occasions him to slip?.

Different types of slip that's a new one on me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Liverpool had 53% possession overall, which if the 65% second half stats are correct means we had more than them in the first half, overall almost even.

They weren't reliant on the long ball, that's right, they were reliant on a poor pass form Willian, a slip by Azpilicueta and a worldie from Sturridge. 

I think our midfield three were brilliant, someone questioned it because Liverpools midfield apparently 'outpassed' us. I disagree completely. If you want to use the 53% possession as a reason for this then fine. What I witnessed, what I saw, everything I've read and seen since watching the game back on tv, tells me otherwise. Almost everyone agrees our midfield was superb, apart from two people on here pining for Fabregas to get in the team.

 

I think that you need to stop being so emotional about this whole thing. 

You think the midfield is perfect. That’s great. I don’t. 

You think that we handled them quite well in that second half. Again, I don’t.

The facts are there for anyone who wants to rewatch the second half on TV as they post the stats during the game regularly. 

The second half we were in our own half for long periods, the stats showed DURING THE MATCH that they had 60% odd possession, they had more attempts on goal, and then by the 88th minute the stats posted showed they had more passes than us as well.

Is that so mind boggling for you to comprehend? 

Now, you can say maybe we wanted to drop deeper in that second half and catch them on the counter which is fine - except that’s not really keeping in line with Sarri’s style, is it?

There is also the fairly obvious reactionary move he made to bring on Barkley which, again, suggests that Sarri wanted us to take a bit more initiative. 

I am not quite understanding the confusion either about us having the better first half as I thought that was pretty obvious. 

There are some clear problems in Kovacic’s game and if there weren’t any I would be shocked as this was a guy who didn’t exactly impress a whole lot at RM either.

I can understand why Sarri picks him though, as the concept behind his inclusion is theoretically sound - he is defensively disciplined and he is technically gifted. 

But he hasn’t been exactly setting the world alight in the attacking third, has he? And then if he isn’t great going forward, and Kante isn't great going forward, and Jorginho isn’t great going forward then....???

Your confusion is confusing to me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   

Slips on a scouse match forum? Whatever next!

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xCELERYx   
21 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

A few points. 

3. There has been much made out of Sarri-ball and it's likely success against better sides. We have played two top 6 challengers and still not lost. Two at home and one away in a cup with strong line-ups. Our downfall this season won't be a leaking defence, it'll be our non-scoring strikers.

 

While I can appreciate that we've done well against the two other top sides we've faced. Let's not act as if we've not road our luck in those games and been fortunate in some regard to walk away with points. The defence is still suspect and one quality performance from David Luiz isn't magically going to mask our frailties down back. We've been on the kind end of some terrible finishing by opposition sides and it's hard to see that luck lasting all season. At some point those favourable results could just as easily be heavy defeats. 

Not having a reliable scoring CF will obviously be a factor, but with the amount of possession we have and attack minded we are, there's no real excuse for players like Hazard, Pedro and Willian to not be able to help shoulder some of that burden in the short term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

I think that you need to stop being so emotional about this whole thing. 

You think the midfield is perfect. That’s great. I don’t. 

You think that we handled them quite well in that second half. Again, I don’t.

The facts are there for anyone who wants to rewatch the second half on TV as they post the stats during the game regularly. 

The second half we were in our own half for long periods, the stats showed DURING THE MATCH that they had 60% odd possession, they had more attempts on goal, and then by the 88th minute the stats posted showed they had more passes than us as well.

Is that so mind boggling for you to comprehend? 

Now, you can say maybe we wanted to drop deeper in that second half and catch them on the counter which is fine - except that’s not really keeping in line with Sarri’s style, is it?

There is also the fairly obvious reactionary move he made to bring on Barkley which, again, suggests that Sarri wanted us to take a bit more initiative. 

I am not quite understanding the confusion either about us having the better first half as I thought that was pretty obvious. 

There are some clear problems in Kovacic’s game and if there weren’t any I would be shocked as this was a guy who didn’t exactly impress a whole lot at RM either.

I can understand why Sarri picks him though, as the concept behind his inclusion is theoretically sound - he is defensively disciplined and he is technically gifted. 

But he hasn’t been exactly setting the world alight in the attacking third, has he? And then if he isn’t great going forward, and Kante isn't great going forward, and Jorginho isn’t great going forward then....???

Your confusion is confusing to me.

 

I'm the one that needs to stop being emotional???

I was there, thought our midfield was brilliant, especially Kovacic. 

I've watched the whole game back on tv, thought our midfield was brilliant, especially Kovacic.

I'm not one to look at stats but if that's how you judge a performance then good for you. I would suggest using correct stats though, I've not seen anywhere that they had 60% possession overall.

 

Screenshot_20181001-054450_Chrome.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.