• Current Donation Goals

Worried about this match in so far as how many chances Arsenal created against us with simple balls behind the full backs and cut backs.  Liverpool will do the same, only better and I can't see Alonso being up to it defensively and Cesar is struggling a bit at right back this season.

Very tricky game this, it's against the in form side in the league who are looking very strong and they're not just looking to bounce back after a defeat, they're looking to bounce back after a defeat to us. Really hope Pedro is fit for this one as Willian is clearly in one of his down moments right now. I don't expect it to happen, but I'd be looking to find a way to get Fabregas on the pitch for this one, his passing from deep could be very important, however getting him in without becoming too defensive will be tricky as I can't see Sarri not picking Jorginho. the other problem we have is who plays alongside Luiz at the back - Christensen was probably favourite before Wednesday night, but after he went off with a knock and made a few mistakes, I think Cahill may be preferred, for his experience.

What I'd like to see:

Kepa

Azpi Cahill Luiz Alonso

Fabregas Jorginho

Pedro Kovacic Hazard

Giroud

What I think we'll see:

Kepa

Azpi Cahill Luiz Alonso

Kante Jorginho Kovacic

Willian Giroud Hazard

Subs: Willy, Emerson, Christensen, Barkley, Moses, Pedro, Morata

I think it will be a very nervy score draw. 1-1

Probably my favourite game of the season this, already buzzing for it and quietly optimistic. 

I think we showed on Wednesday, even with a lot of changes, we could potentially have more of the ball. They couldn't handle us in the first half and were unable to get the ball back from us or hold on to it for very long. 

I'm a big Fabregas fan and for half an hour I thought he was sublime but then he couldn't handle Liverpool pressing higher up the pitch and he was nullified.  I don't think that would have happened with Jorginho playing and I don't think they will be able to do what they did for the middle period of the game again . Let's not forget nearly all their good chances came from our mistakes.

If we had a striker I would be extremely confident of beating them, I think they are hugely overrated,  but as we don't we will be ridiculously reliant on Hazard,  especially if Pedro is not fit.

Kante will have a huge role to play, he may well be key. If we can win it back from them quickly they will be chasing shadows for a lot of the game and I don't think Klopp will know how to deal with it.

chelboy   

We are playing against a different team and different style of play than we did on Wednesday. Our CB and Joringho are not going to have that time and space to dictate. Liverpool high press will make some uncomfortable especially if Cahill starts I can almost guarantee they will target him.

The people on our team I fear for the most is our full backs. Liverpool do most of their damage from wide areas. They have rapid wingers and full backs that can cause serious trouble. They are not as creative through the middle ever since they sold Coutinho but their midfield is much better defensively which helps their backline to be compact. Defensively they are the best I have seen so far this season. 

If we are to win it then a set piece or individual skill might win it for us. Really hoping Pedro and Rudiger are fit for this one.

9 minutes ago, chelboy said:

We are playing against a different team and different style of play than we did on Wednesday. Our CB and Joringho are not going to have that time and space to dictate.

You may be right, I have a feeling we will cope fine with it. Jorginho, we will see how good he is when he has a lot less time on the ball, I think heis that good at what he does will be fine and we will dominate possession leading to them struggling to cope with us rather than the other way round. 

There seems to be this major fear surrounding Liverpool, I don't see why we should fear them. Play our game and they will be running around trying to get the ball off us, and struggling, they should fear us as much as we fear them. If they can't get the ball high up the pitch their biggest threat disappears. 

chelboy   
25 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

You may be right, I have a feeling we will cope fine with it. Jorginho, we will see how good he is when he has a lot less time on the ball, I think heis that good at what he does will be fine and we will dominate possession leading to them struggling to cope with us rather than the other way round. 

There seems to be this major fear surrounding Liverpool, I don't see why we should fear them. Play our game and they will be running around trying to get the ball off us, and struggling, they should fear us as much as we fear them. If they can't get the ball high up the pitch their biggest threat disappears. 

I am not sure possession will make much of a difference in this game. I think Liverpool are comfortable to play without possession. The big factor tomorrow will be who defends better and takes their chances when they arrive. From what I have seen of Liverpool so far they have the better defence and have more reliable goal scorers than we do. Both teams will create chances no doubt , I even think we will create more chances than them but when it comes to scoring them I worry especially without Pedro. It is worrying going into a big game where our LB has more chance of scoring than our strikers. If we had a good striker on form I would feel more confident about this one.

55 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I think the best tactics against us with Jorginho is to target the CBs, because I don't think Jorginho himself is that dangerous.  He is excellent at earning time for others.  We saw this with WHU.

Just as the best tactics against us with Fabregas as the deep lying midfielder (in words because we are not talking traditional DM here) is to target Fabregas with the press, and we saw how that worked after 35 mins at Liverpool.

Moreover as the season progresses and our tactics become clearer to oppo teams, I think we will see each of these used appropriately in most games.

We will have to learn how to involve the defenders when Fabregas plays, and to get Jorginho to lift his head up and playmake at times.  In football it should always be a good thing if the oppo are making efforts to prevent one particular tactic.  It should just give you more opportunities elsewhere.  Luiz will have a key role.

Vinod   

I would like to see a small tweak in Sarri's usual line up

Kepa

Azpi - Rudiger (if available) - Luiz - Alonso

Kovacic - Jorginho - Kante

Willian - Giroud - Hazard

I'd like to see Alonso high up with Kante covering his side 

17 hours ago, chelboy said:

We are playing against a different team and different style of play than we did on Wednesday. Our CB and Joringho are not going to have that time and space to dictate. Liverpool high press will make some uncomfortable especially if Cahill starts I can almost guarantee they will target him.

Liverpool can press all they want. If we continue to keep the ball as we did for much of the game on Wednesday they are going to be living on scraps. And they are nowhere near as good or as deadly as people make them out to be IMO. 

Last season they had a guy bag ? 40 plus goals and this year he’s been largely quiet. Beating a team that plays like Sarris when it comes off is no easy thing to do. 

Against deeper teams we struggle, but Klopp doesn’t want to sit deep, does he? At least not intentionally.