• Current Donation Goals

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I read somewhere that he has the record for giving the ball away most in a game , even more than Alexis Sanchez does apparently. 

I seem to remember the stat I saw on here when we signed him was that the previous season, when an everton regular, he had lost possession or given the ball away more times than any other player across the top four leagues in Europe. It could well be what you said, I can't find anything on Google. Either way it worryingly suggests it isn't a new trend or something that happens the odd game.

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I read somewhere that he has the record for giving the ball away most in a game , even more than Alexis Sanchez does apparently. 

It felt "wrong" at the time but within seconds he'd lost the ball two or three times and the Sturridge goal just cemented the feeling .

A bit harsh of Barkley who was fired up and desperate to do his bit for the side but it is what it is I'm afraid.

Barkley has been appalling this season.  Bakayoko levels in terms of giving up the ball in the wrong places.  I blame Sarri for encouraging him to drop back to double up with Jorgy.  He should never be in those positions.

On 30/09/2018 at 10:31 PM, Leo91 said:

Analysing slips ? I've heard it all now. 

Freud used to 😉

Barkley has been nowhere near "appalling" so far. 

Jesus H Christ, what are people expecting from our players? He's a great squad player to have - great. 

In his defence he's better the further away from our goal the better , maybe try him in place of a striker?

BlueWill   
On 30/09/2018 at 0:09 AM, PeteRobbo said:

Agree on both counts Kev. We're doing OK I think, but CHO and Ampadu should be given a chance, not because it's good to give the youngsters a chance, but because they really are the best players in their positions that we have.

But Pete, how will you ever know that unless they get games? 

Just now, BlueWill said:

But Pete, how will you ever know that unless they get games? 

Exactly, that's why I said they should be given a chance. Personally I've already seen enough to form a very positive opinion of their qualities.

BlueWill   
On 30/09/2018 at 10:33 AM, Martin1905 said:

No idea what you are talking about now. It was a Kovacic through ball to Hazard that set up the goal, after some very good play between him and Jorginho. You dismiss that part because it was 'easy' part, it was easy because of the space created by the three involved.

What he means is that DL started the move with a perfectly weighted 25-30 metre pass to Eden after Kante had fed it back to him.