• Current Donation Goals

2 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Liverpool can press all they want. If we continue to keep the ball as we did for much of the game on Wednesday they are going to be living on scraps. And they are nowhere near as good or as deadly as people make them out to be IMO. 

Last season they had a guy bag ? 40 plus goals and this year he’s been largely quiet. Beating a team that plays like Sarris when it comes off is no easy thing to do. 

Against deeper teams we struggle, but Klopp doesn’t want to sit deep, does he? At least not intentionally.

I can't help but feel you're underestimating how good this Liverpool side currently is. I hate Liverpool, I detest them, however they are annoyingly a very good side right now - the balance in the team is very good, defensively they are looking solid and going forward the front 3 they have can be ruthless. They are still behind Man City for me, but they are a very good side and we will need to be on the very top of our game to win this one.

1a0hkd.jpgSeriously looking forward to this one, maybe make it (sic) a night to remember

Edited by blue moon

Team picks itself. If Pedro and Rüdiger are not deemed fit to start:

-----------------Arrizabalaga

Azpilicueta-Cahill-Luiz-Alonso

----Kanté---Jorginho---Kovacic

Willian-------Giroud-------Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Zappacosta, Rüdiger, Fabregas, Barkley, Pedro, Morata

Will be interesting to see which eleven Klopp goes with. I'm predicting;

-------------------------Allison

Alexander-van Dijk-Gomez-Robertson

-----Wijnaldum-Henderson-Milner

Salah--------------Firmino--------------Mané

Subs: Mignolet, Moreno, Matip, Fabinho, Keïta, Shaqiri, Sturridge

4 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I can't help but feel you're underestimating how good this Liverpool side currently is. I hate Liverpool, I detest them, however they are annoyingly a very good side right now - the balance in the team is very good, defensively they are looking solid and going forward the front 3 they have can be ruthless. They are still behind Man City for me, but they are a very good side and we will need to be on the very top of our game to win this one.

I think you are right mate, like you they are the one club I truly dislike, but there is no disguising the fact that this season they look very very good. The seasons before they were always vulnerable in defense and had a hit and miss GK, now with Van Dyke and Allison this has been solved. Tough match this one.

5 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Fair enough. IMO they outfoxed a tactically poor Pep Guardiola, scraped past Roma and got beaten by Real Madrid pretty comprehensively and a lot of pundits seem to be basing everything on that.

They were quite poor in the league with a guy that bagged over 30 odd goals. None of their current signings have been impactful either - Fabinho's on the bench, Keita doesnt seem to be in form, and Shaqiri isn't setting the world alight either.

They're a good side - I'm not saying no, but I wouldn't say they look like a great side and I'm not so sure if on days when Sarri's methods come off that they are a side that necessarily will be able to beat another side that plays that sort of game.

• Like 1

Kepa

Azpi    Rudiger    Luiz    Alonso

Jorgy-boy

Kante Kovacic

Willian Giroud Hazard

is my guess based on the timing of the subs midweek.  Planned Subs: Pedro, Fabregas if we need a goal, Morata if no one is injured.
Tough on Cahill, short sighted on Fabregas, but managers usually take till mid-season before they realise what the players already know about Fabregas.

4 games in 9 days is actually quite tough.  Albeit that Liverpool had 4 in 10 and started with PSG not PAOK.
Good that this one is at home.

I do think Liverpool are over rated by press, AND underrated by blue fans.  A loss by us will be no means imply we can't get 2nd or 3rd this season.  A loss for Liverpool will be seen as a disaster - 18 points and still not top, just one way to go.   So we have a huge psychological advantage.

The big question is not whether Liverpool will press, or whether we will give the ball away at times.  The big questions are:

• whether the back 4 can do the business if they choose to cut off Jorgy (as on Wednesday)
  • whether Jorginho can create if he is the only one getting time on the ball.
  • whether Liverpool (and Allison) are good enough to withstand the Chelsea press from Willian, Kovacic, Hazard in full work mode and Kante playing in their half.

10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Kepa

Azpi    Rudiger    Luiz    Alonso

Jorgy-boy

Kante Kovacic

Willian Giroud Hazard

A cosmopolitan selection 

• Arrizabalaga
  • Azpilicueta
  • David Luiz
  • Rüdiger
  • Alonso
  • Kovacic
  • Kanté
  • Jorginho
  • Willian
  • Giroud
  • Hazard

Substitutes

• Fàbregas
  • Barkley
  • Caballero
  • Moses
  • Zappacosta
  • Cahill
  • Morata

2 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

A cosmopolitan selection 

Accurate though.  I think the club just bought all these English guys recently to have them sitting in the stands.