• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm sorry - is there any point playing like Jorginho against a team that plays like Vidi? 

Good old fashioned up and at them was need yesterday. Playing both morata and Giroud as target men will the likes of William & Pedro mopping up the scraps and being 3 or 4 up within 30 minutes.

The key players could have gone for an early bath.

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Hard to really take anything from last night's game but the most obvious thing is how much we miss Jorginho when he doesn't play.

 

It couldn’t be we are a bit one dimensional and lacking a plan B?

or should we just blame the strikers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RobertoftheGiz said:

It couldn’t be we are a bit one dimensional and lacking a plan B?

or should we just blame the strikers?

Or it could be we have won 8 out of 10, remain unbeaten,  made 8 changes last night, rested nearly all our key players, won the match and kept the momentum going?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Or it could be we have won 8 out of 10, remain unbeaten,  made 8 changes last night, rested nearly all our key players, won the match and kept the momentum going?

 

Southampton should be a push over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlueWill   
On 03/10/2018 at 5:40 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Tactically it will.  It is about actually using the time you have on the ball to look up and aim at the moving targets in the box.  That is what Fabregas and pretty much no one else in the squad does.  Which is half the reason Alonso is the only person who ever moves about in the box - no one else can see the point until Fabregas comes on.

OMG, you seriously think that time on ball gifted by a poor team of part-timers is the same as that allowed by a top 6 EPL side?  Moreover that the differential doesn't change at all as players tire - self-evidently the adverse affect on part-timers will be far greater than for EPL players? 

DL managed to find Willian who's movement had defeated Robertson at the Bridge last Saturday. A better first touch and he had more shooting options himself or could have easily played in Giroud. Willian is very rarely still in any game. BTW, very nice to see you complimenting Alonso. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Good old fashioned up and at them was need yesterday. Playing both morata and Giroud as target men will the likes of William & Pedro mopping up the scraps and being 3 or 4 up within 30 minutes.

The key players could have gone for an early bath.

45 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

It couldn’t be we are a bit one dimensional and lacking a plan B?

or should we just blame the strikers?

Quite - we used the wrong tactics against a team that sat back.

 

28 minutes ago, BlueWill said:

OMG, you seriously think that time on ball gifted by a poor team of part-timers is the same as that allowed by a top 6 EPL side?

I thought I made it pretty clear I don't.

30 minutes ago, BlueWill said:

DL managed to find Willian who's movement had defeated Robertson at the Bridge last Saturday.

Yes, Luiz was the only one willing to look up and pick out targets.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlueWill   
16 hours ago, Ham said:

........ are playing against the aforementioned plumbers and postmen.  

Droy is highly adept at taking the one thing which supports his stance and he had expected 6.

Question Cesc relying on an uncontrolled backheader from little Willian (against a CB) to assist the tightly marked and hopelessly misfiring Morata? Against exhausted part-timers in the 70th minute Cesc finally gets one right or was he simply keeping the ball alive? 

At least twice he emphatically confirmed that he is an absolute liability defensively. Some will dismiss it, but as he is way too slow to play up front, he simply has to perform basic defensive duties which he is patently unable to do against any level of opposition. Jorgie isn't great defensively, but Cesc makes him look a cross between JT & Maka.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlueWill   
35 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I thought I made it pretty clear I don't.

Yes, Luiz was the only one willing to look up and pick out targets.  

Paulw66 said "Whether Fabregas does or doesn't play, stuffing a bunch of virtual amateurs 6-0 will not "show" Sarri anything about dealing with well organised Premier League defences."

You replied "Tactically it will.  It is about actually using the time you have on the ball to look up and aim at the moving targets in the box.  That is what Fabregas and pretty much no one else in the squad does.  Which is half the reason Alonso is the only person who ever moves about in the box - no one else can see the point until Fabregas comes on."

You disagreed with Paul, saying it was about Cesc using time on the ball. You are wrong, because time on the ball is almost entirely about how much you're allowed. You cannot argue that time allowed by a bunch of amateurs equates to that afforded by Citeh, but it is what you claimed in this latest push of your long running campaign for Cesc to start games.

No he's the best, but not the only one. You'd claimed that no one bothers making runs till Cesc arrives apart from Alonso; that DL move demonstrated you were wrong with both elements. I repeat that  Willian is rarely static without the ball and also Morata would not get flagged offside as often if he too was static.

Cesc is certainly not worth a starting berth. He wasn't last season, so he certainly isn't now - even slower & more competition. He ain't no Pirlo. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueWill said:

 

At least twice he emphatically confirmed that he is an absolute liability defensively. Some will dismiss it, but as he is way too slow to play up front, he simply has to perform basic defensive duties which he is patently unable to do against any level of opposition. Jorgie isn't great defensively, but Cesc makes him look a cross between JT & Maka.

You are right that Cesc should have been shown the doors two seasons ago. However every man and his dog has knows that Cesc has never changed with regards to defensive duties going back to his days with the Arse. 

Hence during his time at the club. He did the business with JM in his first season until JM decided to shut up shop. 

Conte didn’t fancy his style of play in his first season. The second season was more of desperation due to the lack of support from the cronies for conte’s wish list and Cesc tried to reinvent himself. 

try to compare him with a player who has played eight games in the pl is a joke. Maybe we can revisit the stats in 6 months  time when the opposition have worked on their tactics for Jorginho. 

Thinking of Cesc type players Maybe you can enlighten me on the defensive duties of KDB?

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

You are right that Cesc should have been shown the doors two seasons ago. However every man and his dog has knows that Cesc has never changed with regards to defensive duties going back to his days with the Arse. 

 

Total bollox - as if by repeating a mantra you can change the world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now