• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 MOL Vidi 0

Leo91   

I saw the last 10 minutes and I think Barkley lost the ball dribbling into blind alleys 3 times. His decision making is shocking. 

I don’t think anyone should care a whole lot about the performance levels in this match. We won - that’s the important thing. 

The big game is on Sunday for me. Maybe Morata scores a brace and we have suddenly got a striker back in form.

10 hours ago, Ham said:

........ are playing against the aforementioned plumbers and postmen.  

Indeed - which is why failing to use the obvious tactics was even more embarrassing than when we continued to play Sarri pinball to draw West Ham defenders out of their half.

10 hours ago, Gormangorman said:

RLC still flatters to deceive. 

I don't think he has done that for about 3 years now.  More like he is taking the wages while lowering his transfer value until Southgate finally turns up at a PL club.

8 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

The big game is on Sunday for me. Maybe Morata scores a brace and we have suddenly got a striker back in form.

Maybe.  But I'd rather Sarri picks Giroud all the same.

paulw66   
8 hours ago, Leo91 said:

I saw the last 10 minutes and I think Barkley lost the ball dribbling into blind alleys 3 times. His decision making is shocking. 

Him and Zappacosta.........

Zappa was appalling. Kept shooting from bizarre places, crossing to nobody, then in the last minute tried to dribble his way past their attacker, lost the ball, then gave away a foul in a dangerous place. shocking. 

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Indeed - which is why failing to use the obvious tactics was even more embarrassing than when we continued to play Sarri pinball to draw West Ham defenders out of their half.

Are you implying Vidi are at the same level as West Ham?

We hardly tore Vidi to pieces with Cesc in the team, and they are basically semi pro level. 

9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

We hardly tore Vidi to pieces with Cesc in the team, and they are basically semi pro level. 

Hard to really take anything from last night's game but the most obvious thing is how much we miss Jorginho when he doesn't play.

This is not a pop at Fabregas as I don't think there is anyone else quite like Jorginho but it's fairly obvious already that we are a different side without him playing. 

9 hours ago, Leo91 said:

His decision making is shocking, as is his first touch, his awareness and his reading of the game. These are fundamental flaws and the reason I have said from the moment we were first linked with him that he would be a terrible signing. 

paulw66   
22 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Hard to really take anything from last night's game but the most obvious thing is how much we miss Jorginho when he doesn't play.

This is not a pop at Fabregas as I don't think there is anyone else quite like Jorginho but it's fairly obvious already that we are a different side without him playing. 

Does this leave us up slack alley then whenever he doesn't play. he is so instrumental in what we do, what happens if he breaks a leg?

28 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

No you are missing the point I was making in the earlier post which you partially quoted.

For 60 mins Fabregas played Sarri pinball just like Jorginho played against WHU.  We had all that time to look up and play balls into forwards that were moving into and across the box.  But instead we just pinballed it around in the hope that that would draw out WHU or Vidi players into our half leaving 3 or 4 of us up front against 4 or 5 defenders.  It never worked in either game.  And yes it is pretty embarrassing that pinball football worked so badly for 60 mins.

For the last 30 mins Fabregas changed the tactics - or at least broke what seems to have been strict rules for him up to that point.  He started to hold the ball, look up and make passes.  Willian at least started to make movements in the expectation that he might be seen.  That is exactly how the goal came. (Even then it was a hybrid set up, most of the team were still playing Sarriball).

Jorgy is perfect at Sarriball.  He's rubbish at Fabregas (/Erikssen/siggurdson/Lampard/ hey even Matic)-ball.  

Likewise Fabregas is limited at Sarriball, but is possibly the PL's best at using the time bought for him by the hard work of others.
Had we played 90 mins of Fabregas being Fabregas, and our players making runs for him we would have won easily.  Fortunately Fabregas changed his game late on - but I bet that was against instructions.

The message is we were tactically daft against WHU and mostly against VIDI

11 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

See above.  Jorginho would have made no difference last night - we would have had to wait for the Fabregas/Jorgy sub.

6 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

His decision making is shocking, as is his first touch, his awareness and his reading of the game. These are fundamental flaws and the reason I have said from the moment we were first linked with him that he would be a terrible signing. 

Kovacic>> RLC>Barkley. 

In other positions we have 12 or 13 others who are better.

19 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Jorgy is perfect at Sarriball.  He's rubbish at Fabregas (/Erikssen/siggurdson/Lampard/ hey even Matic)-ball.  

Likewise Fabregas is limited at Sarriball, but is possibly the PL's best at using the time bought for him by the hard work of others.

You agree that we are better with Jorginho playing that role then?