• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 MOL Vidi 0

5 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

You agree that we are better with Jorginho playing that role then?

Not a sensible question.  If teams press us, and the idea is to draw them out without giving the ball away, then Sarri is good at this (but by no means perfect, he does give the ball away a lot, even if that is just a small % of a lot of passes).

If teams refuse to be drawn out, I don't see what Sarri adds at all.

The idea is to beat opponents, not to play the best Sarriball.  

38 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Does this leave us up slack alley then whenever he doesn't play. he is so instrumental in what we do, what happens if he breaks a leg?

100%. Loosing any key player is always a big blow but to lose someone so key to the actual style of play would be potentially disastrous. 

I do think Kovacic could fill in for him, arguably better than Fabregas.

Just now, Martin1905 said:

100%. Loosing any key player is always a big blow but to lose someone so key to the actual style of play would be potentially disastrous. 

I do think Kovacic could fill in for him, arguably better than Fabregas.

Kante could too, arguably better than Fabregas.  
Fabregas should be playing somewhere else in the CM3.

Fabregas - Jorgy - Kante
Fabregas - Kovacic-Kante
Fabregas-Kante- Kovacic

all work fine. 
Picking Fabregas to pay Jorgy's role is double bad.  Using the man that best converts excess time on ball into chances in the role of being chief buyer of time on the ball for others.

42 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not a sensible question.  If teams press us, and the idea is to draw them out without giving the ball away, then Sarri is good at this (but by no means perfect, he does give the ball away a lot, even if that is just a small % of a lot of passes).

If teams refuse to be drawn out, I don't see what Sarri adds at all.

Not the player thats the problem then but the tactics?

42 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

The idea is to beat opponents, not to play the best Sarriball.  

Something, two things actually, we have done very well so far this season. 

41 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Kante could too, arguably better than Fabregas.  
Fabregas should be playing somewhere else in the CM3.

Fabregas - Jorgy - Kante
Fabregas - Kovacic-Kante
Fabregas-Kante- Kovacic

all work fine. 
Picking Fabregas to pay Jorgy's role is double bad.  Using the man that best converts excess time on ball into chances in the role of being chief buyer of time on the ball for others.

Odd.

This conversation started by me saying how obvious it is that we are not as good without Jorginho in the side. You said he would have made no difference yet go on to say picking Fabregas to play Jorginhos role is 'double bad' and he shouldn't be playing it.

47 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Odd.

This conversation started by me saying how obvious it is that we are not as good without Jorginho in the side. You said he would have made no difference yet go on to say picking Fabregas to play Jorginhos role is 'double bad' and he shouldn't be playing it.

Because you still haven't noticed my point which is that Fabregas didn't play as Fabregas normally plays, he played as if he were mimicking Jorginho for the first 60 mins.  and only when he started to play as a Fabregas should play were we effective.

54 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Not the player thats the problem then but the tactics?

Something, two things actually, we have done very well so far this season. 

Yes the tactics - and something that we did very poorly in the 2 games where the oppo sat back.  That team should be beating Vidi by 6 or 8.

15 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

As for RLC, still the same old for me, good/great when on the ball, poor off it.

Correct. Also, when we have the ball, he has an uncanny knack of quite often positioning himself in a place where no pass could ever find him.

When he does get it, he is often efficient and useful.

Also, Barkley is not the abject disaster some would have you believe. Granted, he is limited, but he is also energetic and is always able to get himself involved.

The reason he lost the ball a few times last night is because he was actually trying to be proactive. I think he still is able to improve into a good player for us.

5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Because you still haven't noticed my point which is that Fabregas didn't play as Fabregas normally plays, he played as if he were mimicking Jorginho for the first 60 mins.  and only when he started to play as a Fabregas should play were we effective.

But by your own admission he doesn't do it as well as Jorginho so surely we are better with him doing it? This is the point that you started arguing, that Jorginho would have made no difference. 

18 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

But by your own admission he doesn't do it as well as Jorginho so surely we are better with him doing it? This is the point that you started arguing, that Jorginho would have made no difference. 

I'm sorry - is there any point playing like Jorginho against a team that plays like Vidi?  Did Kovacic or RLC need an extra 0.4 secs on the ball to do what they were doing?  Did Fabregas or anyone else get caught out regularly playing the ball across the back?
Against Liverpool of course I see the point of Jorginho.  Against Vidi he adds nothing, nor did Fabregas add anything so long as he was playing (to instructions I presume) as a copy of Jorginho.

25 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm sorry - is there any point playing like Jorginho against a team that plays like Vidi?  Did Kovacic or RLC need an extra 0.4 secs on the ball to do what they were doing?  Did Fabregas or anyone else get caught out regularly playing the ball across the back?
Against Liverpool of course I see the point of Jorginho.  Against Vidi he adds nothing, nor did Fabregas add anything so long as he was playing (to instructions I presume) as a copy of Jorginho.

I have no issue with the deepest of three midfielders, be that a player like Jorginho or a more defence minded player like Mikel, playing against weaker opposition.

It's the two in front of him that I'd be more worried about.