• Current Donation Goals

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

"Another ref could have sent him off there" .

Yeah , a competent one .

No-one has ever accused Craig Pawson of competence .

Ps Great goal Morata . That's 2 in 2 for everyone out there except me . Lol.

Clearly Morata works better as an impact sub :)

And like Bats can only score against lowly  teams!!

Edited by NoblyBobly

xCELERYx   

Good result. Some good patches of play at times, rode our luck though on a number of occasions yet again defensively. Barkley was really good, as was Hazard obviously. Kepa made a few key saves in the second half and walked away with a clean sheet. Job done. 

kev61   
2 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Nicely done sir.  Super work by hazard again. Top of the league!

I think he meant to pass it.

2 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I think he meant to pass it.

It was cute finish but 2 nil up and 4 mins into injury is not the exactly a high pressure moment. 

Hazard won this game again for us....that is the worry.

3 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

It was cute finish but 2 nil up and 4 mins into injury is not the exactly a high pressure moment. 

Hazard won this game again for us....that is the worry.

Given he'd just missed an easier chance and had to sprint to beat the keeper I think that was a very high pressure moment if you're a Morata low in confidence and having lost your starting place to Giroud .

You have to wonder how long Mark Hughes has in a job he utterly stinks in.

6 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Good result. Some good patches of play at times, rode our luck though on a number of occasions yet again defensively. Barkley was really good, as was Hazard obviously. Kepa made a few key saves in the second half and walked away with a clean sheet. Job done. 

Indeed, 3 points away from home in the PL is always good. As for individual players Hazard wad clearly MotM but Barkley had a good game and Kepa is showing that he is a very good shot stopper - although his lack of height/ability at collecting crosses at set pieces is a worry as he always stays on his line. Also happy for Morata to score a goal even if he did miss an easier chance just before. 

That said, we are still a work in progress so having 6 wins anf 2 draws from the first 8 should be taken as a positive, especially as one of the draws was owing to an outragous goal and the other because Willian does not know what to do in the final third. 

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Given he'd just missed an easier chance and had to sprint to beat the keeper I think that was a very high pressure moment if you're a Morata low in confidence and having lost your starting place to Giroud .

Yes probably. The voices were no doubt screaming in his head as he ran through " don't miss this...for feck sake don't miss this ".  Thankfully  he didn't. Now a nice draw with City and Dippers will make my day. 

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

You have to wonder how long Mark Hughes has in a job he utterly stinks in.

Their defending is poor but they had their chances today. Ings from 3 yards at 0-0 , Bertrand had a good chance and they made Keppa pull of two great saves. They weren't terrible and unlike Fatty they didn't put 10 men behind the ball and sit there for 90 mins.