• Current Donation Goals

kev61   

The only negatives are (if you'r not picking)Azpi looks out of sorts,Kante looks out of  sorts in this system and Jorginho looks like he has a dose of Fabregasitis

So we continue our run of great results in games where the oppo missed a couple of sitters, the Kepa pulled off a worldie and the ref protected us by booking every semblance of a dirty or professional foul.  Very much 16/17 and not 17/18.

What was great was the development in style, where we stopped playing it around at 90mph in our own half  while the oppo waited in their own box and watched.  Instead we moved the ball quickly to the front 4 (where Barkley was playing  in more of a 4213 JM/Oscar role) and played in their space.  It gave us and extra 45 mins of football to score in.  I can't help thinking that this was the "Barkley for weak teams" XI with the "Kovacic for strong teams 433" being the alternative X1

Hope Rudiger wasn't seriously injured.  Looks like he'll miss International fortnight - :)

Morata - when the whole team works for Morata he gets goals.  But I'd still like to see Morata working for the team.

Nevertheless,   Morata > Ings.

33 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Willian does so many good things in a game but they're all overlooked because of all the indescribably brain dead things he does .

If you play in his role, some things just don't come off.  But as you suggest he does one bad thing and there are 20 posts saying he is useless.  No one has mentioned that he took the free kick for Barkley's goal.  Excellent free kick.
Since Pedro has been out I have thought Willian has been outstanding - and I have read press reports again and again that say much the same.  It is his movement (and improved movement by Hazard) that we needed after a rather static front 3 at the start of the season.

5 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Now a nice draw with City and Dippers will make my day. 

I think the season has finished for Liverpool already and City will be declared the Champions today.  (We'll see soon) I just don't get all this praise for a team that was out played by us twice last week, and for whom Salah will not repeat his performance.  When Klopp's team does as well as Rodgers in 14/15 we can start to give him credit.  Not now.

9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

You have to wonder how long Mark Hughes has in a job he utterly stinks in.

It has been a puzzle for many years now.

A good performance again. If this is the rate Hazard is going to continue to score under Sarri, then he would have to be an idiot to leave the club next year. 

Seriously, for the first time in his career, Hazard looks like a real leader by example. 

I think the inclusion of Barkley helped the team quite a lot because it definitely added an extra bit of attacking impetus to our play and that’s needed in these type of games. 

Look, teams like Southampton aren’t going to really challenge us in terms of our play and most games we just need a guy that can chip in with a bit of attacking threat himself. Doesn’t have to be Zidane like in his technique IMO. Honestly, sometimes it’s just a matter of passing the ball forward quicker without the extra 2-3 touches.

Also very pleased for Morata. Can’t help but root for the guy because he does try so much. Really hope he pushes on after the international break. Missed a sitter again but in fairness to him he did do most of the work that made the chance a sitter. 

xCELERYx   
22 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Their defending is poor but they had their chances today. Ings from 3 yards at 0-0 , Bertrand had a good chance and they made Keppa pull of two great saves. They weren't terrible and unlike Fatty they didn't put 10 men behind the ball and sit there for 90 mins.

Considering they were on the back foot for the majority of the game they still ended up with like 15 shots on goal and equalling our 6 on target. They could have certainty gotten something out of this had they managed to take both Igns' and Bertrand's chances. On another day they could have possibly walked away with points of some description. 

Edited by xCELERYx

0-0 at half time between the dippers and Sheik FC .

Never fear , Martin Tyler is there to explain to the viewers at home that the first half at Anfield is often a prelude to an exciting second half .

Because Liverpool.

I hope he falls off the gantry .

27 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I hope he falls off the gantry

Sadly not possible. I just spotted him in the middle of the kop with his massive headphones, microphone and YNWA scarf wrapped around him. 

Mind you he'll probably come out at the end and wonder where all his electronic gear has gone ( check on ebay Monday morning martin).). 

• Haha 1

Watched the first half and listened to most of 2nd on the radio - to my eyes and ears it seemed as though we dominated majority of the first half, apart from 5mins or so where Soton got back in to it before our first goal and the 2nd half was a bit more open, but we were ultimately comfortable victors and probably, yet again, left some goals out there - but fortunately it didn't cost us. Barkley had a really good game today and I'm so pleased for him, he's been written off by so many, but I've always felt there is a really good player in there if he can get some form and it appears he is getting that now - could be a great player for us this season.

Reading through this match day forum, I would have thought we had lost! 

edit. I've just seen the Morata goal and he takes that really well.

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

Fantastic result and performance, credit to Barkley and Morata for scoring and Hazard wonderful as ever.

WIth City and the dippers drawing a good day all around for Chelsea, just a shame the Arse thumped useless Fulham,  Jokanovic once again sh#t for us.  Never change The Joker. never change.

Sciatika   
2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

0-0 at half time between the dippers and Sheik FC .

Never fear , Martin Tyler is there to explain to the viewers at home that the first half at Anfield is often a prelude to an exciting second half .

Because Liverpool.

I hope he falls off the gantry .

According to Tyler, "not every foul in the box is a penalty". Strange? I thought a penalty was awarded for a foul in the box.