• Current Donation Goals

14 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Agree! 

And that post match thread should open 20 or 30 minutes later to allow everyone to calm down, one way or the other. 

I always enjoyed the motm poll to get an idea of the general consensus as a whole. 

As someone who routinely makes a fool of himself on the match day forum I heartily agree. 

17 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

As someone who routinely makes a fool of himself on the match day forum I heartily agree. 

But it reminds me of my days on the terraces , a bit pissed, eating a pie while laughing at the idiot behind me whose saying something like "how can someone on 20 grand a week not hit the target from 6 yards the useless pile of shite".  The MDF should be a recreation of that without someone reminding you that two weeks ago you said that that player walked on water and could bear your child. 

35 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

But it reminds me of my days on the terraces , a bit pissed, eating a pie while laughing at the idiot behind me whose saying something like "how can someone on 20 grand a week not hit the target from 6 yards the useless pile of shite".  The MDF should be a recreation of that without someone reminding you that two weeks ago you said that that player walked on water and could bear your child. 

Spot on.

I went to West Ham once with my mate who's a hammer and was in with their lot , they took the kick off , instantly passed it backwards and the bloke behind me went " Here we go , same old West Ham.

That's where I'm coming from when I'm posting in the forum.

Edited by Mark Kelly

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Agree! 

And that post match thread should open 20 or 30 minutes later to allow everyone to calm down, one way or the other. 

1 hour ago, samhoward17 said:

I always enjoyed the motm poll to get an idea of the general consensus as a whole. 

Agree with both

1 minute ago, McCreadie said:

Just an idle observation that the Barkley bashers have all gone a bit quiet this week...

I think most of them (us) have just admitted he was a lot better on Sunday.  After all, while he was in key positions at key moments, he hardly set the world alight with his performance.  And it confirmed what a lot of say, that he should be pushed up in a front 3 or 4, not allowed back alongside Jorginho to play in "danger areas".

nakedcat   

Just an idle observation that the Barkley bashers have all gone a bit quiet this week...

Is it because he is improving as a player? I'm enjoying watching him become part of our team.

Edited by nakedcat

xCELERYx   
16 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Not quite sure what you expect from football fans on forums. If you went onto any forum of any team regardless of how successful, you will get glass half full along side glass half empty posters. Nothing wrong with that as it makes for interesting debate.  But what's quite annoying is that if someone spots a problem in the team or tactics that might not be causing a problem now but could do in the future, and then articulates that problem in a reasonably coherent way (match threads tbh can be a bit emotional I admit) , they are classed as some kind of killjoy. On top of that we try to make our posts interesting or entertaining to read because then people might....well read them. If every post was "that was quite good I suppose"  things would get a bit dull. Despite crossing swords with you a few times I enjoy your posts because they come across as interesting and readable.      

Oh man, this one hundred times over.

xCELERYx   
18 hours ago, paulw66 said:

The had plenty of shots on target from 30+ yards.......not too worried. 

They also had two great chances from close range that they squandered. While some of their efforts from distance required top draw saves by Kepa to be keep out. 

I'd be concerned about the number of great chances we're gifting other sides at present (thankfully, we've rode our luck and these haven't been converted somehow), but that won't last forever. In this particular fixture, I thought our midfield slacked a bit in the second half in terms of applying pressure to the ball carrier, which then allowed space and time for these long distance efforts.

The first of those issues being the more pressing one that needs addressing.

16 hours ago, McCreadie said:

I'm probably his biggest critic on here, one half decent performance won't change my opinion of him. He did ok, better than normal, but nothing spectacular. 

He's clearly working hard and really wants it. Fair play to him for that but his fundamental flaws are never going to go away.