• Current Donation Goals

5 hours ago, chelboy said:

I would start Morata tomorrow. Out of the two Giroud has better impact coming off the bench. Could be another game where a team parks the bus. Hope to have Cesc on the bench might need his passing to break them down. Must also start Pedro we have missed him against Liverpool and West Ham.

This is an important factor about Giroud that I feel gets lost. He is a prime example of an impact sub in my book and is someone that should not be starting games. Now I appriciate that Morata is woeful atm, but the fact is that Giroud is not much better when he starts but is very good when he comes on in the final 25 minutes. For me, we need to look at Morata's situation in January, but until then, he should start and Giroud should play the super sub role (which he should also keep if/when Morata is replaced). Anyway, my team for Soton would be as follows: 

Kepa 

Dave Rudi Luiz Alonso 

Kante Jorginho Kovacic 

Pedro Morata Hazard 

Subs: Willy, Cahill, Moses, Cesc, Barkley, Willian, Giroud 

2 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Watch back over the goals he scored across his time at Juve and Madrid, the majority are served on a platter for him. Doesn't really score many on his own accord. Which is why his goals per game rate is so high at Madrid, he had some of the best players around him to do the difficult work, plus he largely scored against the lower table sides. His record is really deceiving when his goals scored are reviewed and taken into perspective. 

True. Not goung to deny this. However, what I find funny is that the most vehement of anti-Morata fans also seem to be the pro-Bats fans. Yet he (Bats) is a player who is absolutely woeful in all aspects of his game - bar finsihing in good positions - and all his goals have virtually come against Champo/CL cannon fodder/League 1 sides. 

kev61   
4 hours ago, kev61 said:

...................Arriz.....................

Azpi     Rudiger   Christensen    Alonso

Kante

Kovacic                  Jorginho

Pedro        Hazard          Willian 

hazard with  freedom to roam and Pedro and Willian   marauding high up to pitch.

Eagle eyed folk will see I wouldn't play Morata or Giroud why play players that have little influence in a position that is just a position?

Holymoly   

I think I'd go with

"The Keeper"

Azpilicueta / Rudiger / DL / Alonso

Kante / Jorginho / Barclay

Pedro (if fully fit, otherwise Willian) / Giroud / Hazard

The more time you give Morata "to give him game time" the more Giroud becomes rusty himself.

8 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

True. Not goung to deny this. However, what I find funny is that the most vehement of anti-Morata fans also seem to be the pro-Bats fans. Yet he (Bats) is a player who is absolutely woeful in all aspects of his game - bar finsihing in good positions - and all his goals have virtually come against Champo/CL cannon fodder/League 1 sides. 

Not me - I wouldn't have either.  Not Bats, not Morata.  And part of the reason I am happy with Giroud is that he is 32, and so surely the club can see he needs replacing soon.
And the club this summer has already done more than I expected in terms of planning for the future.

But I think the idea of playing Morata for 65  mins purely to allow Giroud to be a super sub (often in games that should have been won already) is just wrong.

53 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I think I'd go with

"The Keeper"

Azpilicueta / Rudiger / DL / Alonso

Kante / Jorginho / Barclay

Pedro (if fully fit, otherwise Willian) / Giroud / Hazard

The more time you give Morata "to give him game time" the more Giroud becomes rusty himself.

I'm surprised to see you include Barclay Holy. 

5 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

I'm surprised to see you include Barclay Holy. 

Barclay's a banker surely?

Holymoly   
1 hour ago, Gormangorman said:

Barclay's a banker surely?

You all know who I mean ;-)

Vinod   

As bad as Morata is and as underwhelming as Giroud is, what are our options in the transfer market for a striker? The only one I can think of is Icardi. 

Bison   
14 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think I am the only person in the universe with any faith left in Morata .

Is that blind faith or do you genieunly believe Morata is a quality player who can come good?

If it's the former then fair enough.

It would be hard to believe the latter as he is fundamentally such a poor player who has no self-confidence.

Morata is even worse than Torres was on his really bad days and that is saying something.