• Current Donation Goals

Sir   

Top area of the table really is quite tight. Arsenal sneaking up there from nowhere, and Spurs doing better than I thought points wise until I looked. Losing those two points as we did to Liverpool still is bitterly disappointing.

Really hoping we can get the three today, but probably won’t be as easy as some have been saying.

ripz   

Willian + Barkley starting over Pedro + Kovacic, otherwise normal.

Do55wARXUAAltGq.jpg

Edited by ripz

Blue Rod   
On 06/10/2018 at 9:55 AM, Droy was my hero said:

The next step in his development is not in Chelsea first team at 17.
Perhaps on loan in the Championship from January.
Derby would be nice, but 2 teenagers in the same side - SFL might be wary of picking both.
A JT managed Villa would be great.

We need another player who is comfortable at running with the ball. EH will not stick around forever, as much as he loves Chelsea and London. And even if he did, having a lieutenant would not hurt. My fear is CHO goes to another English club and comes back to Chelsea a kick and run player. 

Edited by Blue Rod

So Barkley has supplanted Kovacic as first choice - which at least explains the odd mid-week press conference when Barkley was produced, complimented Sarri non-stop and promptly ws put on the subs bench.  Can't say I agree - neither are much of a threat, and Barkley is a huge liabiilty whenever he drops deep.  (More I think about it, Kovacic is the best Jorgy role replacement we have).

Cahill seems to be CB3 now, on merit I'd say from what little we see.

Bison   

Southampton playing 5 at the back and Barkley starting. Not ideal.

2 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

We need another player who is comfortable at running with the ball. EH will not stick around forever, as much as he loves Chelsea and London. And even if he did, having a lieutenant would not hurt. My fear is CHO goes to another English club and comes back to Chelsea a kick and run player. 

Fair comment.  RLC and Abraham did not seem to advance in their PL says, (though Tammy did in the Championship).  It might be that our more skillful young players will actually get more out of playing Championship football where they will at least be allowed to take players on.  Counter-intuitive though that sounds

15 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think I am the only person in the universe with any faith left in Morata .

It needs just one other person in the universe to have faith in him and that could change everything. That person of course is Morata himself but I actually think that ship too has sailed. 

I'm pleased he got that goal because had he not (after missing another sitter) I fear the world would have collapsed in on him.  I don't like him and I've never rated him but it's not nice to see someone suffering so badly under that intense spotlight.  

xCELERYx   
12 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

True. Not goung to deny this. However, what I find funny is that the most vehement of anti-Morata fans also seem to be the pro-Bats fans. Yet he (Bats) is a player who is absolutely woeful in all aspects of his game - bar finsihing in good positions - and all his goals have virtually come against Champo/CL cannon fodder/League 1 sides. 

There's a difference between the two and the way they score their goals still. Batshuayi is a better finisher and can create his own when in and around the box. He can obviously finish close to goal, with his head, left foot, right foot, and also has the ability to hit them from further out. If a team can get him the ball around goal, he can do something with it. Morata on the other hand literally needs to be spoon fed everything inside the 18 yard box more or less to be effective. While I agree the rest of Michy's game lacks, he's a better "striker" and goal scorer, which is what we lack. He's also only played the equivalent of 6.5 games across two seasons at Chelsea. Yet, his record itself indicates he scores goals when he plays regularly (as shown at Dortmund and prior to joining us at Marseille). Until Batshuayi is actually given the sort of opportunity that Morata has been given, it's difficult to really compare the two as Chelsea strikers and say who would do better. 

6 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

There's a difference between the two and the way they score their goals still. Batshuayi is a better finisher and can create his own when in and around the box. He can obviously finish close to goal, with his head, left foot, right foot, and also has the ability to hit them from further out. If a team can get him the ball around goal, he can do something with it. Morata on the other hand literally needs to be spoon fed everything inside the 18 yard box more or less to be effective. While I agree the rest of Michy's game lacks, he's a better "striker" and goal scorer, which is what we lack. He's also only played the equivalent of 6.5 games across two seasons at Chelsea. Yet, his record itself indicates he scores goals when he plays regularly (as shown at Dortmund and prior to joining us at Marseille). Until Batshuayi is actually given the sort of opportunity that Morata has been given, it's difficult to really compare the two as Chelsea strikers and say who would do better. 

Well of course Bats scores regularly when picked - he only starts against rubbish teams that we will dominate from the start.  It is possible he could play in Sarriball.  But as a leading the line CF of the kind that Conte needed, Giroud gets an 8/10, Morata a 4, and Bats just 1 (unless 0/10 is available).  If we start with saying Morata isn't a good enough CF, then Bats just can't even be considered as an option.

Blue Rod   
9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Fair comment.  RLC and Abraham did not seem to advance in their PL says, (though Tammy did in the Championship).  It might be that our more skillful young players will actually get more out of playing Championship football where they will at least be allowed to take players on.  Counter-intuitive though that sounds

The problem wirh Championship loan is that the pressure on the clubs and managers does not allow for any "fanciful footwork".  Clubs are set in their ways of playing, and they need a strong lad to come and get stuck in. They know it's often primitive, but if it gets results they don't really care. So when CHO tries running with the ball, dribbling, overstepping, and all those skills, the other players are waiting for when the show comes to an end. After 3 games, he's put on the bench.