• Current Donation Goals

JaneB   
21 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

It needs just one other person in the universe to have faith in him and that could change everything. That person of course is Morata himself but I actually think that ship too has sailed. 

I'm pleased he got that goal because had he not (after missing another sitter) I fear the world would have collapsed in on him.  I don't like him and I've never rated him but it's not nice to see someone suffering so badly under that intense spotlight.  

I said something similar a while back Nobly and someone else (can't remember who) said he was hopeless anyway and believing in himself wouldn't make any difference.  That may well be true but I don't enjoy seeing a player in the state he is at the moment.  

10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well of course Bats scores regularly when picked - he only starts against rubbish teams that we will dominate from the start.  It is possible he could play in Sarriball.  But as a leading the line CF of the kind that Conte needed, Giroud gets an 8/10, Morata a 4, and Bats just 1 (unless 0/10 is available).  If we start with saying Morata isn't a good enough CF, then Bats just can't even be considered as an option.

But it does now appear that Morata has morphed into that exact type of player/scenario. He only scores against rubbish teams that we dominate from the start (and even then after a lot of huffing and puffing and misses). However when he does score against a team of plumbers and postman, many suggest he deserves his place back as our first choice CF. I think Morata is the one being treated kindly here, not Bats (who just gets shifted out on loan without the proper opportunity to see how he'd fair against good Prem opposition). Bats can do what Morata can, which is score against poor opposition, but can he do what Morata can't, which is score on a regular fairly basis against quality? We don't know because our coaches have been too shite scared to find out.     

Blue Rod   
45 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So Barkley has supplanted Kovacic as first choice - which at least explains the odd mid-week press conference when Barkley was produced, complimented Sarri non-stop and promptly ws put on the subs bench.  Can't say I agree - neither are much of a threat, and Barkley is a huge liabiilty whenever he drops deep.  (More I think about it, Kovacic is the best Jorgy role replacement we have).

Cahill seems to be CB3 now, on merit I'd say from what little we see.

I think I have seen a huge increase in Barkley's confidence and performance from start of season. I rate him as the most improved player of the season so far. At this rate he'll comfortably displace Kovacic by winter. At the moment, however,  there is little to choose between the two. 

chelboy   
1 minute ago, Blue Rod said:

I think I have seen a huge increase in Barkley's confidence and performance from start of season. I rate him as the most improved player of the season so far. At this rate he'll comfortably displace Kovacic by winter. At the moment, however,  there is little to choose between the two. 

No chance of him displacing Kovacic who is a better player in every aspect. Barkley just had pre season with Sarri which RLC and Kovacic did not. If RLC did he would be ahead of Barkley right now. Even right now Kovacic is still a better choice and player. Today is just simple rotation.

CMON Chels,!!

Need a win here, out of the top four and the Arse above us if not....

Southampton throwing themselves infront of everything.... could be one of those days :(

Leo91   

At work. Keeping up to date with live text updates. Come on Chels.