• Current Donation Goals

2 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Barkley is playing well. Not only the assist, his anticipation has been really good.  

Barclays been good

I have just watched the first half on Sky and then read these comments, amazing what some of us see compared to others. Totally dominant and as usual crossing and corners are ****. Soton yes should have scored from their one very rare foray into our half but that's all.

I will agree though I do wonder who else is going to scores our goals and I also agree that Apzi is nowhere near his high standards.

xCELERYx   
Just now, Ham said:

Reading some of these posts you'd swear blind we were playing badly. Staggering levels of negativity from the usual suspects. 

Do you actually believe we've played well? Sure, we've had possession (as usual) but have once again done absolutely little with it in the final third. While we were once again lucky to not go behind against the run of play. While if it wasn't for Hazard we'd probably still be without a goal.

While I don't think we've been terrible, I wouldn't say we've played well either. Its neither here nor there for me at this stage. Still plenty of improvement needed to capitalise on all the ball we do have. Tightening up defensively wouldn't go astray either. 

Blue Rod   
52 minutes ago, chelboy said:

No chance of him displacing Kovacic who is a better player in every aspect. Barkley just had pre season with Sarri which RLC and Kovacic did not. If RLC did he would be ahead of Barkley right now. Even right now Kovacic is still a better choice and player. Today is just simple rotation.

Obviously if Kovacic plays better than Barkley it's even better for Chelsea. Unless Kovacic is God, I couldn't be sure sure Barley could not displace him if he improves. I know Kovacic came from Real Madrid. From what I've seen so far he is a good addition to the team but not indispensable.  

1 minute ago, Phoenix Blue said:

I have just watched the first half on Sky and then read these comments, amazing what some of us see compared to others. Totally dominant and as usual crossing and corners are ****. Soton yes should have scored from their one very rare foray into our half but that's all.

I will agree though I do wonder who else is going to scores our goals and I also agree that Apzi is nowhere near his high standards.

Well you shouldn't be amazed because you have just written pretty much what everyone else has alluded to. Does that make you a negative or positive fan? 

A change of style.  All the Sarriball around the half way line while the oppo (think WHU) watch from their own box has gone.  We have started passing it forward to the front 3 very quickly and winning the ball back quickly too.
I think this is progress.
It'd be nice to see Fabregas making the right passes though.
Willian, Giroud, Hazard and Alonso all moving about in their third which is a big improvement on just Alonso earlier in the season.

56 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

I think I have seen a huge increase in Barkley's confidence and performance from start of season. I rate him as the most improved player of the season so far. At this rate he'll comfortably displace Kovacic by winter. At the moment, however,  there is little to choose between the two. 

Certainly this is his best game yet IMO.  Helped by not dropping deep and doing stupid stuff.  Still not in the same class as 9 of the other 10 Chelsea players on the pitch (but nor is Kovacic)

27 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

jorginho is such a poor defensive shield

17 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Is Jorginho playing?

Certainly playing a different role today.  I doubt he'll break 80 passes, let alone 180.  Which I am happy with.

3 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Worrying about Azpi he used to be so solid in 1-on-1 situations. He is being beaten too many times this season.

The last two games were probably his worst ever games for Chelsea (in 204 apps since 2012.)
I can't remember the last fast winger to be beating him on pace, yet Bertrand scorched past him today on the way to set up their great chance.
I can only assume something is wrong with him - fitness or personal.
Azpi - take a break- come back your usual self

Ham   
4 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Do you actually believe we've played well? Sure, we've had possession (as usual) but have once again done absolutely little with it in the final third. While we were once again lucky to not go behind against the run of play. While if it wasn't for Hazard we'd probably still be without a goal.

While I don't think we've been terrible, I wouldn't say we've played well either. Its neither here nor there for me at this stage. Still plenty of improvement needed to capitalise on all the ball we do have. Tightening up defensively wouldn't go astray either. 

Yes I do.  3-0 up if those two penalties were given. Had we been 3 up would you have considered us to have played well and done something with our possession? 

12 minutes ago, Bison said:

Azpilicueta having a nightmare. Third game in a row.

I think he is uncomfortable in the system and he is going to take a while to bed in - he has even admitted this himself bu saying he likes to defend as deep as possible. 

As for the game we are in control but again do not look like scoring unless we can get Hazard in. For me, Willian really needs to be looked at as he should be chipping in but as usual it is all good work in the 2nd 3rd and no product in thr final 3rd. For me, Pedro needs to be brought on sooner rather than later.

xCELERYx   
4 minutes ago, Ham said:

Yes I do.  3-0 up if those two penalties were given. Had we been 3 up would you have considered us to have played well and done something with our possession? 

3-0 could quite as easily been 1-0 down had Ings not missed from 3 yards out. 

We'd have been more efficient with the possession we do have, which would have been more positive. I'd still like to see more than what we're showing to be entirely satisfied enough against a side that's virtually parked the bus and yet still had more shots on target. 

Edited by xCELERYx