• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Manchester United 2

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Manchester United at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 12:30, Saturday, 20th October, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

Thankfully we get a rest from this dreadful Premier League competition to watch players we despise play in a pretend tournament that means nothing until the 20th October . Excellent.

Must win game.

Jasonb   

That might be a good thing as every now and again he scores a rocket and Murphy's law suggests we just might be the victim of such a strike.

13 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Serious worry - apparently Matic may be injured for this.

Let's hope not, I can imagine Jose playing him, Fellaini and Pogba against us just because of how much physically stronger they would be. Was quite looking forward to watching the three of them chasing shadows for 90 minutes. 

paulw66   
33 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

That might be a good thing as every now and again he scores a rocket and Murphy's law suggests we just might be the victim of such a strike.

I can think of 2 such goals in his entire career......... 

5 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Let's hope not, I can imagine Jose playing him, Fellaini and Pogba against us just because of how much physically stronger they would be. Was quite looking forward to watching the three of them chasing shadows for 90 minutes. 

The only upside is if JM goes with Fellaini, McTominay and Pogba in midfield to make up for the lack of Matic (even though Fellaini and McTominay are a lot more mobile and half decent in the air).  But I doubt McTominay will start on the assumption that he'll get  2 international games first.

Sciatika   

I think he will try the tactic of taking it in turns to kick Hazard out of the game like he normally does. Sarri needs to start mentioning this approach to games, just as an aside, especially in the context of fearing that some players may end up leaving the Premier League to preserve their careers.

• Like 1