• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Manchester United 2

chelboy   

We played them as if it was Newcastle or Cardiff. United may not have the best form but they still have quality players. Far too laid back and underestimated them. Might start to favour Barkley over Kovacic. Barkley is the only goal scoring midfielder we have , he may not be as good as Kovacic but we need goals in this team with the strikers we have.

As for Morata I think that is the final nail in the coffin. I do not think Sarri even shook his hand when he came off. Sad to say but Azpi needs a dropping. He has been my favourite player over the years but this season he is performing below our standards. 

How much I wish we could go back to the summer window and offer Willian for Martial. Quality player and deadly finisher. 

Defensively I feel we are not good enough and neither are we improving. We have been riding our luck against a few teams now but its becoming clear the weaknesses in this back 4. I would like Sarri to maybe make a change in there and see what happens. Not for one game but maybe a few games. 

Hazard has his best games with Giroud and Pedro on the pitch. They understand and suit his football. Both need to start if we want him to flow. Pedro never started West Ham, Liverpool and today and we drew all of them. Not sure why Sarri has dropped him, he even said Pedro has the best movement off the ball in the team. Barkley and Pedro can both get 10 goals I reckon. If both play we have a better chance of scoring.

GURJ SS   
Just now, Holymoly said:

I'd have started with Giroud and Pedro. Morata and Willian have their roles, but starting against a high profile opponent isn't it. We did well to pull outselves back into it without panicking but we should never have allowed Manure to control the game like they did in the second half.

Mourinho showed his ability to negate our threat in the wide areas and we struggled throughout.

No idea what the fracas was about at the end but no doubt we'll be docked ten points or something equally draconian.

Same here, I'd even either start with either Kovacic further forward with Cesc on or Barkley starting further forward instead of Willian (and at the moment due to form even Pedro). We were our worst enemy today, the amount of times we had the opportunity to slip the ball past the backline with a through ball for a runner was ridiculous, and we didn't do it once.

Jose played a very clever game and fair play to him, that's why he's the best and like Essien said 'do what he tells you to do' - if Pogba and co listen he'll make them winners, here is to hoping Jose does well but the players don't listen at the same time!

One of the coaches celebrated in front of Jose and then said something so the handbags came out.

2 minutes ago, chelboy said:

How much I wish we could go back to the summer window and offer Willian for Martial. Quality player and deadly finisher. 

Based purely on this game I'd be keener to swap Shaw for Azpi.  

16 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I'm just waiting for Droy now to tell us how wonderful Jose still is.....Yawn.

Really no need.  I'm sure Sky are doing it now.

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho reacted furiously after Chelsea's second assistant coach Marco Ianni taunted him following the Blues' equaliser at Stamford Bridge.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6297793/Manchester-Uniteds-Jose-Mourinho-held-chases-Chelsea-coach-tunnel-after.html

Sacked tonight I expect.

GURJ SS   
6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I would strongly urge the club to sack the idiot coach today.

Easy, you might overreact.

chelboy   
18 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Our style of play is dependent on the CBs playing from the back. 

Christensen is the least suitable CB we have at the club for this style of play. 

Really? Even worse than Cahill? He may not have a passing range of Luiz but he is not that bad on the ball. We can keep talking about being able to play out from the back but no.1 thing defenders have to do is defend. A defender with Luiz experience can not dive in and make mistakes like that. These are not the first defensive mistakes he has made from losing 50/50 to losing his man in situations. Defensively Luiz will not improve that is my problem. These mistakes we carry on happening I would rather give Christensen a run and see what he can do. Not just one game here and there and judging him for it this season. 

JaneB   
9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Based purely on this game I'd be keener to swap Shaw for Azpi.  

Really no need.  I'm sure Sky are doing it now.

Touché 

GURJ SS   
1 minute ago, chelboy said:

Really? Even worse than Cahill? He may not have a passing range of Luiz but he is not that bad on the ball. We can keep talking about being able to play out from the back but no.1 thing defenders have to do is defend. A defender with Luiz experience can not dive in and make mistakes like that. These are not the first defensive mistakes he has made from losing 50/50 to losing his man in situations. Defensively Luiz will not improve that is my problem. These mistakes we carry on happening I would rather give Christensen a run and see what he can do. Not just one game here and there and judging him for it this season. 

I agree, the coaches can train Christensen to play better on the ball but at Luiz's age they really can't get him to defend better. He brings a lot in personality but as a defender his defensive game is the worst out of the players we have to choose from.

Any time Luiz makes a mistake at the moment, the opposition seems to score, people forget other things that go on, it was he's brave header that hit the post for Barkleys goal, is Christensen or Cahill any better?

both were poor in games last season