• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Manchester United 2

kev61   

I was working and didn't get to watch the game but listened on the radio on my travels

Seems like Morata had another cracker.Surely any player in our entire squad would do better up front even Stamford the lion

45 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I have to say not my finest moment,a few scoops were taken on board because my son returned from Sheffield university with a masters degree(he takes his intelligence from his mother)but I admit to talking b/s with drink on board - what is your excuse my friend unless you are sozzled most of the time

My excuse for being based with the facts?  

Congrats for your son.  Off to visit my daughter tomorrow at the same Sheffield University.  She started last month.

5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Barkley is doing better than I expected, but not at the level of Kepa, 3 out of 4 defenders, Jorgy, Kante, Pedro, Willian, Hazard and Giroud, who all look as they belong in the starting line up.

True, but if he keeps this up he soon will be. Goals win matches and, until Kovacic starts making meaningful contributions, I can’t see why Barkley should be behind him in the pecking order. 

Barkley may not be quite as refined as Kovacic technically, but Barkley does actually carry a significant attacking threat. 

Sarris post match interview was bang on the money. He definitely has a lot to think about. There is no shortage of options on his plate right now.

xCELERYx   
9 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Their approach second half threw us off quite a bit. 

A fair result. It wouldn’t have felt deserved if they had won this game and good to see even someone like Paul Scholes pointing that out as well. 

I am seriously not sure what Sarri is seeing in Kovacic. A good player technically and disciplined defensively as well, but seriously he doesn’t impact the game whatsoever. 

Barkley is ahead of him now, IMO, and I really think Fabregas has to get back into the mix. 

Kovacic isn't the problem, although it would be nice if he did more in terms of having a direct impact. He at least does the fundamentals, adds balance, and is good in possession etc. Same cannot be said for the likes of Kante, Willian, Morata and even one of my favourites in Azpilicueta at the moment. We've got an abundance of players at present that just aren't contributing enough in one way or another. 

For as well as we may be doing in terms of our league placing currently, I'm having a difficult time accepting the logic of a system that just doesn't actually get enough out of some of our important players. Kante looks absolutely lost, Azpilicueta has regressed significantly since moving back out to a fullback role from CB. Willian is Willian, little is going change there as he's been this way for years now. While Morata is once more showcasing why I initially said he was an awful investment.

That's not even talking into consideration Luiz's defensively frailties, the space Alonso leaves in behind because he can't recover when pushed forward and our CF issues that were once again not addressed. 

I can appreciate the fight shown to get a point, along with being fortunate enough to have had the start we have had. But I don't think we're a balanced solid side at present, particularly when we aren't in possession. With Sarri having shown no real urgency to address any of the issues we have shown so far, there's still some convincing that needs to be done. 

• Like 2

Kezza   

Why not play Pedro as a striker? The guy is clinical and works hard. I'd play him there ahead of Hazard.

Probably the right result given uniteds second half performance. Haven’t seen the special ones post match musings but the little farce when rashford was injured backfired didn’t it. Stating the obvious we are miles behind our opposition in terms of our project so am very pleased with most of what we’re seeing so far.

Sciatika   

You have to feel sorry for Pogba having to play with pigeon crap in his hair.

17 hours ago, chelboy said:

Really? Even worse than Cahill? He may not have a passing range of Luiz but he is not that bad on the ball. We can keep talking about being able to play out from the back but no.1 thing defenders have to do is defend. A defender with Luiz experience can not dive in and make mistakes like that. These are not the first defensive mistakes he has made from losing 50/50 to losing his man in situations. Defensively Luiz will not improve that is my problem. These mistakes we carry on happening I would rather give Christensen a run and see what he can do. Not just one game here and there and judging him for it this season. 

Yes, even worse than Cahill. Andreas Christensen is a technical CB and have been his whole career. But, and this is the bad thing - he doesn't have the coolness to play that sort of style when we are under pressure by the opposition attack. It isn't Cahills strong suite either, but at least he has the experience to compensate for that somewhat. Christensen is starting to show the opposite, thinking he's a top top CB while actually he's an average one at current output.

17 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

I agree, the coaches can train Christensen to play better on the ball but at Luiz's age they really can't get him to defend better. He brings a lot in personality but as a defender his defensive game is the worst out of the players we have to choose from.

Christensens problems isn't technical, it's mental. Last season Conte should have seen he was mentally fatigued and when he couldn't dig himself out of the hole he should have been rested and protected. Instead Antonio just drilled him even harder to the point where Christensen looked scared everytime he got the ball in our own half. Defensive actions that would have been routine prior all of a sudden became dangerous situations. 

The more I think about it the angrier I become of Conte. He set us back years with his last season and it nearly cost us Willian, Luiz and Hazard. Maybe he has ruined Christensen for life. That we didn't sack him halfway though the season is shocking. 

17 hours ago, Never happy said:

Any time Luiz makes a mistake at the moment, the opposition seems to score, people forget other things that go on, it was he's brave header that hit the post for Barkleys goal, is Christensen or Cahill any better?

both were poor in games last season

Luiz is one of the first names on the team sheet. His passing is absolutely essential for the way we play. Unless we fall apart like a huse of cards he'll be our starting CB for the season. 

And 100% deservedly so. 

16 hours ago, Ham said:

Not sure I see any difference........ 

Screenshot_20181020-154600_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20181020-154444_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20181020-154342_Google.jpg

If you on't see a difference between goading the opposition bench (twice) and to run and celebrate with your players/fans then I gather the problem isn't José but perhaps yourself. 

14 hours ago, JaneB said:

Yes yes ok, but I can't stand Jose playing the injured party when we all know how he behaves at times. You dish it out, you take it.

José has never celebrated a goal in front of the opposition bench where he goaded their reps. I challenge you to find one footge of that. He has done many silly things, but he has never done what our idiot assistant did yesterday. 

8 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

True, but if he keeps this up he soon will be. Goals win matches and, until Kovacic starts making meaningful contributions, I can’t see why Barkley should be behind him in the pecking order. 

Barkley may not be quite as refined as Kovacic technically, but Barkley does actually carry a significant attacking threat. 

Sarris post match interview was bang on the money. He definitely has a lot to think about. There is no shortage of options on his plate right now.

Not sure why there is a question of Kovacic or Barkley. Fo rme the odd one out in 90% of our games is Kanté. He brings very little to the table atm. I think both Fabregas and Barkley brings more right now and are better fits to our way of playing. 

Edited by The_Ghost

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

You have to feel sorry for Pogba having to play with pigeon crap in his hair.

............... and that useless, lazy lump in front of him.

Allegedly there was circa £150-£160million pounds worth of centre-forwards on the pitch, starting the game yesterday. On reflection it probably shows the dearth of high quality forwards around if that pair can command those sort of fees.