• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Manchester United 2

Just re watched the entire game.

100% penalty on Hazard. Neville claiming it wasn't because Young was trying to block a shot was laughable. Tyler's reaction was comical, he knew it was a penalty but was really uncomfortable mentioning it and let it go straight after Neville's 'explanation'.

100% red card for Mata. Beyond a joke that they brushed it off because he is a 'nice guy'.

Their first goal was a foul on Alonso but you never,  ever stay down in your own box. Completely avoidable goal.

Their second goal was all on Luiz. No need to do what he did. All he has to do is not be so rash and there was very little threat. 

So, both their goals were avoidable. We had a stone cold penalty turned down. They should have been down to 10 men with a fair chunk of the game left.

We completely dominated them the first half and it was a very good performance.  Second half was poor but cleary with everything that went on we should have still won the game. Comfortably.

The calls for Luiz to be dropped are a joke. He has been absolutely outstanding this season, as has Alonso and especially Rudiger, all playing in a back 4. The only one who's position should be under any threat is Azpilicueta,  although I thought he was much better yesterday, still nowhere near his best but a lot better than the last two games.

Those that aren't happy with the system, the style, certain players playing need to have a think before they post. Some of it is laughable, like people trying to save face for having such a ridiculous stance last season. We have played 12 and are unbeaten, sit third in the league and are playing some really good football. All this with a manager that has been here barely three months. All this while spending a lot of the time playing with 10 men due to circumstances with the former manager.

I suggest some think about maybe giving everything a little bit of time before deciding things aren't right, the system isn't working, players need dropping etc,  especially when we sit third in the league and are unbeaten in 12 games. Almost every pundit, journalists and neutral thinks we are quite brilliant right now. Everyone I speak to at games thinks the same. The only negativity I see is on here, from certain people, which doesn't surprise me one bit. 

I also rewatched the game and laughed as Alonso goes down injured in the box holding his head , the referee ignores it and throughout the entire build up to the goal , the goal itself , the celebrations and the replay , no mention is made of the fact by Martin "oh no" Tyler or Gary Neville . Lastly as the game is about to 're start Tyler finally mention Alonso back on his feet .  It's laughable how they treat us.

Edited by Mark Kelly

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

José has never celebrated a goal in front of the opposition bench where he goaded their reps. I challenge you to find one footge of that. He has done many silly things, but he has never done what our idiot assistant did yesterday. 

I think the key thing is he is a 2nd assistant coach.  A nobody, who is not even allowed in OUR technical zone.

1 hour ago, East Lower said:

Allegedly there was circa £150-£160million pounds worth of centre-forwards on the pitch, starting the game yesterday. On reflection it probably shows the dearth of high quality forwards around if that pair can command those sort of fees.

H2 I thought Lukaku was good, so did MOTD. Generally whenever I have seen Man U this season, Lukaku is one of the few playing at a good level.  Sadly Morata was awful - doubly awful because we all know the big big weakness at Man U is the CBs.  Smalling is overly physical because he is such a limited player, Linlehof not even that.

chelboy   

For those wondering where Kante fits into the system , he would be better suited on the LCM role covering for a LB who puts more effort into attacking than defending and an LCB who tends to make rash decisions. It is pointless putting him on the side with the most defensive strength of the team. Every time the ball goes to the right side we just end up passing it back to the left side asking them to do something with it. Azpi rarely goes forward to so Kante looks even more confused. Kante is not going to start playing with flicks and tricks  or creating loads of chances that will never happen but he brings a much needed balance to the team.

We can not keep that left hand side the way it is defensively  eventually our luck will run out and a team like City would batter us by 4 or 5. I can think of at least 5/6 lucky chances we have not conceded this season and these were all clear cut chances too. We will not have this kind of luck all season.

• Like 1

Kezza   
58 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I also rewatched the game and laughed as Alonso goes down injured in the box holding his head , the referee ignores it and throughout the entire build up to the goal , the goal itself , the celebrations and the replay , no mention is made of the fact by Martin "oh no" Tyler or Gary Neville . Lastly as the game is about to 're start Tyler finally mention Alonso back on his feet .  It's laughable how they treat us.

If every player lying in the box leads to the game being stopped then every player will fake injury in the box every time an attack is underway. Sorry but play to the whistle. Have a player down in the box? Unfortunate but deal with it until the referee says stop. Alonso did get up right after the goal and argue with the ref so it's not a serious injury to warrant any stoppage, especially when the attack and advantage is on for the attacking team.

Edited by Kezza

51 minutes ago, chelboy said:

For those wondering where Kante fits into the system , he would be better suited on the LCM role covering for a LB who puts more effort into attacking than defending and an LCB who tends to make rash decisions. It is pointless putting him on the side with the most defensive strength of the team. Every time the ball goes to the right side we just end up passing it back to the left side asking them to do something with it. Azpi rarely goes forward to so Kante looks even more confused. Kante is not going to start playing with flicks and tricks  or creating loads of chances that will never happen but he brings a much needed balance to the team.

We can not keep that left hand side the way it is defensively  eventually our luck will run out and a team like City would batter us by 4 or 5. I can think of at least 5/6 lucky chances we have not conceded this season and these were all clear cut chances too. We will not have this kind of luck all season.

I agree that the left side is weak.  Not so sure about Kante.  And for the past 3 games, Azpi has looked a weak link too.

IMO - Kante will improve going forward.  He has one of our best shots saved well by De Gea yesterday and I reckon is already a more dangerous player going forward that Kovacic.  The real question is not what Kante is doing wrong on the right but what Kovacic is doing wrong.  Neither covering the advancing LB, or creating any more than Kante.

When Barkley (who is a real defensive liability) comes on, the midfield changes, from Jorgy deep and L/RCM ahead of him, to Barkley in a 10 position and Jorgy and Kante L/R behind him.

I think the LW chaos is partly because of the freedom between Kovacic, Hazard and Alonso to advance down the left or move central.  Sometimes there are 2 or 3 on the left, with one deep enough to get back and cover Rashford or whoever breaks.  Sometimes there is just one, too far forward to be of use defensively.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

While the game was stopped for 3 mins for a Man U player who chose not to be subbed off.

9 times out of 10 the ball slows down and the ref stops play, stopping the dymanic of the attacking team (and Alonso has achieved something).  In this case everytime it was pushed out of the area Man U slung it straight back in forcing the ref to play on.  Percentage wise I'm not sure Alonso did anything wrong.  And it is hard to praise any other defender during that play.

I posted at the time Alonso should have been told to get up by anyone near him, the ref was never going to stop the game as long as man Utd kept throwing the ball into the box..(replays showed it was a foul on him by Lukuku, but he trod on his foot NOT his head and the ref knew it wasn't a head injury)

lets hope we play on in future games when it's clear a player is pretending to be injured when he clearly isn't, (that's the only way to stop cheating and play acting).

sari needs to grow a pair and drop players who are clearly out of form or not performing ( WILLIAN and even ASPI), 

and lastly please play the best defensive midfielder in his best position, he is trying his hardest but is clearly like a fish out of water

Ianni was a total prat, but even as someone who thinks Mourinho gets absolutely slaughtered for no reason I find the exoneration of him slightly odd. Provocation is a reason for misbehaviour, but not an excuse. 

Think we were sold short by a ref determined to make no big decisions. Young could have been booked about four times, and as much as I love Mata his horror tackle was very easily a red card. Don't think the ref was at all obliged to halt play for their equaliser, but that he did for Rashford in differing circumstances illustrates for me a reluctance to intervene meaningfully. 

I'm a bit unsure of how optimistic to be at this point of the season. We are unbeaten, but have essentially dropped 4 points from home games against competitors, so I don't think the on-paper record is as good as it seems. I think you can argue about lots of details in the team, but the issue really is up front. Any other change would mean very little compared to having someone who isn't Morata. I think Sarri did the right and pragmatic thing giving him a good run, but his time has to be up soon. He offers nothing. 

Ham   
3 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

If you on't see a difference between goading the opposition bench (twice) and to run and celebrate with your players/fans then I gather the problem isn't José but perhaps yourself. 

José has never celebrated a goal in front of the opposition bench where he goaded their reps. I challenge you to find one footge of that. He has done many silly things, but he has never done what our idiot assistant did yesterday. 

Gouging the opposition bench is far far worse than goading. 

His reaction yesterday was completely over the top but typical of this 50 odd year old man boy. 

Part of me wishes the steward hadn't stopped him because he had completely lost control again. I'd like to see what his intention was.

The smug way in which he said the matter had been put to bed was laughable. He knew that he had over reacted and should also be apologising for his own behaviour.

What's ironic is that he shouldn't have even been on the bench yesterday. 

Finally, it's noticeable how yourself and Droy have written our own coach off as an idiot and a nobody because he dared to upset your idol.  

Edited by Ham
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ham said:

Gouging the opposition bench is far far worse than goading. 

Certainly would be - but it never happened, did it.

Digging up old fake myths to justify a point of view is pretty shabby IMO too.

25 minutes ago, Ham said:

Finally, it's noticeable how yourself and Droy have written our own coach off as an idiot and a nobody because he dared to upset your idol.  

You have totally misjudged the incident to suit your own motives.  Everyone, JM, Sarri and especially the stewards emerge with credit from this except one totally out of order 2nd assistant coach.  Had he been a 19 year old player off the bench against any other manager, it would have been appalling.  he's 32 FFS.

BTW - he is a nobody and he was an idiot - are you seriously arguing otherwise?  Seriously Ham?