• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Manchester United 2

Recommended Posts

JaneB   
21 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

But it does happen. I know a lifelong gooner who lives in Brighton and has a season ticket for Brighton. He goes very quiet when Arsenal play Brighton...Very odd but there you go. I myself always look for the seagull result however when they play Chelsea they are dead to me. My other half is very Man United but also cheers on Brighton and generally wants Chelsea to do well as long as they are not playing United ( or by us winning it somehow has a direct negative effect for United). This maybe due to me and the daughter being miserable and moody when we lose! My dad is Spanish by nationality but has lived here most of his life and cheers on England!! I also  have no real interest in the Spanish national team... I speak Spanish ( though not fluently) but I've never lived there so they are just a team I can root for when England get knocked out of the WC. Things aren't always black and white. 

Indeed they aren't.

I think Chris Hughton is terrific and Brighton are doing amazingly well.

My daughter flirted with Man U when she was much younger but I just about managed to nip that in the bud before it got serious!

I find it very difficult to have any feeling for the England team which makes me a bad person I suppose.  I just want our players to do well whichever country they are playing for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Just read that Phil Neville thinks we should sack Ianni……….enough already.

I would never have joined in the F... off Mourinho chants although I wouldn't join in a lot of things but that's just me.

 

Phil Neville is a grade A tw@t. Did he call for any action over his brother, when he went over to the Liverpool fans and kissed the United badge? There are numerous examples, some of them involving JM, where the manager, coach or player has gone over the top, and nobody has called for a sacking. 

As for Saturday, yes what he did was stupid and out of order, but in the same way JM didn't need to react like someone had just slapped his mother either. He has apologised, the apology has been accepted - let's leave it there. 

With regards to the eff off Mourinho......yes, again pretty poor, but emotions running high, we have just scored a 96th minute equaliser, things get said that perhaps aren't meant. I'm sure in the cold light of day, those who sang it, when they woke up on Sunday would probably reflect on all the good he did for us, and perhaps wish they hadn't. As someone who was there, I can also say with confidence that nobody knew what was going on, and all you could see was JM charging at the Chelsea bench for what appeared to be no apparent reason. The provocation would've been missed in real time. 

If everyone was to be judged on the basis of what was sung in the heat of the moment during a football game, we'd all be in trouble (well, most of us, anyway)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Phil Neville is a grade A tw@t. Did he call for any action over his brother, when he went over to the Liverpool fans and kissed the United badge? There are numerous examples, some of them involving JM, where the manager, coach or player has gone over the top, and nobody has called for a sacking. 

As for Saturday, yes what he did was stupid and out of order, but in the same way JM didn't need to react like someone had just slapped his mother either. He has apologised, the apology has been accepted - let's leave it there. 

With regards to the eff off Mourinho......yes, again pretty poor, but emotions running high, we have just scored a 96th minute equaliser, things get said that perhaps aren't meant. I'm sure in the cold light of day, those who sang it, when they woke up on Sunday would probably reflect on all the good he did for us, and perhaps wish they hadn't. As someone who was there, I can also say with confidence that nobody knew what was going on, and all you could see was JM charging at the Chelsea bench for what appeared to be no apparent reason. The provocation would've been missed in real time. 

If everyone was to be judged on the basis of what was sung in the heat of the moment during a football game, we'd all be in trouble (well, most of us, anyway)

 

Fantastic post and from someone who was actually there. Couldn't  agree more. Thank you 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Phil Neville is a grade A tw@t. Did he call for any action over his brother, when he went over to the Liverpool fans and kissed the United badge? There are numerous examples, some of them involving JM, where the manager, coach or player has gone over the top, and nobody has called for a sacking. 

As for Saturday, yes what he did was stupid and out of order, but in the same way JM didn't need to react like someone had just slapped his mother either. He has apologised, the apology has been accepted - let's leave it there. 

With regards to the eff off Mourinho......yes, again pretty poor, but emotions running high, we have just scored a 96th minute equaliser, things get said that perhaps aren't meant. I'm sure in the cold light of day, those who sang it, when they woke up on Sunday would probably reflect on all the good he did for us, and perhaps wish they hadn't. As someone who was there, I can also say with confidence that nobody knew what was going on, and all you could see was JM charging at the Chelsea bench for what appeared to be no apparent reason. The provocation would've been missed in real time. 

If everyone was to be judged on the basis of what was sung in the heat of the moment during a football game, we'd all be in trouble (well, most of us, anyway)

 

Excellent post Paul . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Phil Neville is a grade A tw@t. Did he call for any action over his brother, when he went over to the Liverpool fans and kissed the United badge? There are numerous examples, some of them involving JM, where the manager, coach or player has gone over the top, and nobody has called for a sacking. 

As for Saturday, yes what he did was stupid and out of order, but in the same way JM didn't need to react like someone had just slapped his mother either. He has apologised, the apology has been accepted - let's leave it there. 

With regards to the eff off Mourinho......yes, again pretty poor, but emotions running high, we have just scored a 96th minute equaliser, things get said that perhaps aren't meant. I'm sure in the cold light of day, those who sang it, when they woke up on Sunday would probably reflect on all the good he did for us, and perhaps wish they hadn't. As someone who was there, I can also say with confidence that nobody knew what was going on, and all you could see was JM charging at the Chelsea bench for what appeared to be no apparent reason. The provocation would've been missed in real time. 

If everyone was to be judged on the basis of what was sung in the heat of the moment during a football game, we'd all be in trouble (well, most of us, anyway)

 

Yes mostly agree but I am so annoyed with that idiot. It took the shine of our last second equaliser, set the fans off in that unpleasant chant,  and gave JM a chance to make the headlines and then look magnanimous (and trust me he won't miss a trick when it's handed to him on a plate like that). I don't know who this coach is or how important he is to our coaching staff but it wouldn't bother me if he was booted out for the above reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
Just now, NoblyBobly said:

Yes mostly agree but I am so annoyed with that idiot. It took the shine of our last second equaliser, set the fans off in that unpleasant chant,  and gave JM a chance to make the headlines and then look magnanimous (and trust me he won't miss a trick when it's handed to him on a plate like that). I don't know who this coach is or how important he is to our coaching staff but it wouldn't bother me if he was booted out for the above reasons.

Everyone is allowed a mistake, though surely? Plenty of people have done worse. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Indeed they aren't.

I think Chris Hughton is terrific and Brighton are doing amazingly well.

My daughter flirted with Man U when she was much younger but I just about managed to nip that in the bud before it got serious!

I find it very difficult to have any feeling for the England team which makes me a bad person I suppose.  I just want our players to do well whichever country they are playing for.

I know what you mean. 1996 Euros was the last time I had what I would call genuine passion for England. When JT was captain it helped but then when he was sacked it made it worse. During the last WC at the back of my mind was the image of Spurs fans recalling for decades how they won the 2018 WC. Sad really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Everyone is allowed a mistake, though surely? Plenty of people have done worse. 

But what a mistaker to maker. He had one pop at Jose then thought he'd go back and have another in case he hadn't seen the first. Does he know Jose? Do they have history? Maybe they have? But he was acting like a hooligan that had just ran on the pitch. If I'm honest he can keep his job, he can resign, or he can be sacked ....I wouldn't lose any sleep from either of those three choices.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Does anyone actually know what Ianni did other than leap about ? It looked like he said something ? Maybe it was "son of a bitch in Portuguese" ?

I'd love to know what he said that made Mourinho leap up like he'd been electrocuted ! 

He didn't say a word.  That's proven from the footage. He ran past the Utd bench twice facing JM whilst punching the air with both fists. 

Call the cops. 

The press reaction to so many things on Saturday has me aghast;

The lack of reaction to JM completely losing it and lunging at our coach. The FA have just cleared him. Ianni faces punishment.  One man is celebrating in an over-zealous way whilst the other is seeking blood in a very aggressive way.

The fact that SSN looked at whether Kante might have fouled one of theirs in the box but not once at why Alonso was on the ground in the run up to their first. Same with MOTD and the Sunday Supplement. 

The fact that SSN also looked at whether a Utd player was pushed over in the run up to our equaliser, suggesting that we got away with one.

The fact that all press have completely ignored the stats.  21 attempts to 7?  63% possession? The general consensus is that it was a completely even game and that Utd deserve credit for their overall performance. 

Unbelievable Jeff.

 

 

 

Edited by Ham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ham said:

The fact that all press have completely ignored the stats.  21 attempts to 7?  63% possession? The general consensus is that it was a completely even game and that Utd deserve credit for their overall performance. 

We did not get the rub of the green in that game for sure. Even their first goal was a lucky deflection which dropped to them. It would have been very harsh if we had lost it. Having said that ,we have had our fair share of good fortune so far this season. I'll take this draw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.