• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Manchester United 2

Azpi  - as several have said, the issue isn't whether Zappa would be better, but simply how to get Azpi back to his historical incredibly consistent standards.  

On 10/21/2018 at 10:42 PM, kev61 said:

I reckon he's drunk again  ham.As someone that seems very eloquent Droy seems to have blind spots in his memory - I could make a list as long as my arm of the things this narcissist has contradicted himself.

Go on make the list - give us all a laugh.

On 10/22/2018 at 3:08 AM, Michael Tucker said:

(on inheriting a great team) Yes, but then he added some absolutely key components - Ferreira, Essien, , Drogba, and so on, turning it into the best Chelsea team of all time.  And nobody could touch him for the tactics he employed during those first two seasons, either.

People forget, but he first dismantled a huge great squad of ageing heroes and never to be good enoughs, while maintaining only a very few players from Ranieri.   Players with 4+PL apps in 2003/04 include Ambrosio, Babayaro, Bridge, Crespo, Desailly, Geremi, Gronkjaer, JFH, Glen Johnson, Melchiot, Mutu, Parker, Petit, Sullivan, Veron.  All gone in next 18 months.  Only 7 (+ Cuducini) were part of the great later teams.

And he left a squad and ethos that lasted through to 2010 and arguably 2012.  In this world of managers being sacked after 2 years, it was an incredible basis for the future.
That JM of 2004-7 did not create a team or that the team self-destructed when or before he left are two of the most bizarre ideas imaginable.

On 10/22/2018 at 1:46 PM, paulw66 said:

Phil Neville is a grade A tw@t. Did he call for any action over his brother, when he went over to the Liverpool fans and kissed the United badge? There are numerous examples, some of them involving JM, where the manager, coach or player has gone over the top, and nobody has called for a sacking. 

Grade C at most.  You seem to miss the point - that players and managers are given some leeway for OTT behaviour because they are expected to be showing their emotions.  Sky make a spectacle of it.  Plus players are actually allowed on the pitch and managers allowed into their own technical areas.  2nd assistant coaches are not - actually part of their job is to keep the subs in line.

The nearest equivalent I can think of where a non-participant got above himself was the Swansea ball-boy - and he was only 17.

On 10/22/2018 at 2:32 PM, NoblyBobly said:

But what a mistaker to maker. He had one pop at Jose then thought he'd go back and have another in case he hadn't seen the first. Does he know Jose? Do they have history? Maybe they have? But he was acting like a hooligan that had just ran on the pitch. If I'm honest he can keep his job, he can resign, or he can be sacked ....I wouldn't lose any sleep from either of those three choices.  

Quite.  

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

The nearest equivalent I can think of where a non-participant got above himself was the Swansea ball-boy - and he was only 17.

And what happened ?

Oh Yeah.

Hazard got a ban and the ball boy was feted as a hero .

• Like 2

JaneB   

"I have never heard Stamford Bridge so quiet in all my time in England".  Your point being Jose?  You just can't help yourself can you?  I'm wondering how quiet Old Trafford was tonight at the final whistle.

2 minutes ago, JaneB said:

"I have never heard Stamford Bridge so quiet in all my time in England".  Your point being Jose?  You just can't help yourself can you?  I'm wondering how quiet Old Trafford was tonight at the final whistle.

Jose and their squad are delusional, comments after tonight's game from their players that they didn't deserve to lose and if we play like the second half blah blah when everyman and their dog is saying they were outclassed throughout, including a studio full of ex United players.

I thought we played much better than them overall on Saturday they just had a couple of lucky breaks and kicked Hazard out the game as per usual, yet the commentary is that they outplayed us throughout the game. Ashley Young even had the cheek to say he didn't know where the ref got 6 minutes from after Rashford had a nice rest in the middle of the pitch, during which I noticed the physio did nothing other than give him a nice refreshing drink of Lucozade.

7 minutes ago, JaneB said:

There doesn't seem to be much point - even less point to react against.
At most he is saying his team put in a decent performance, nullified Chelsea, and are in a good place ahead of the Juve game (for which he was writing the program notes).

2 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Jose and their squad are delusional, comments after tonight's game from their players that they didn't deserve to lose and if we play like the second half blah blah when everyman and their dog is saying they were outclassed throughout, including a studio full of ex United players.

It is standard football stuff.  Listen to the managers on MOTD and you'd think there were 6 points given per game the way both sides claim they were the better team.  No one else gets called delusional for that.  

Let me guess - Paul Scholes, the new Ron Harris.  Most boring man in the world but paid well to slag off his club from time to time.  Bring back Michael Owen.

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Let me guess - Paul Scholes, the new Ron Harris.  Most boring man in the world but paid well to slag off his club from time to time.  Bring back Michael Owen.

Scholes was to be expected but Ferdinand, who is staunch United, Hargreaves, and even Phil Neville (not in the studio) who seems incapable of being unbiased let alone say anything intelligent, all said the same

kev61   
16 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I thought we played much better than them overall on Saturday they just had a couple of lucky breaks and kicked Hazard out the game as per usual, yet the commentary is that they outplayed us throughout the game. Ashley Young even had the cheek to say he didn't know where the ref got 6 minutes from after Rashford had a nice rest in the middle of the pitch, during which I noticed the physio did nothing other than give him a nice refreshing drink of Lucozade.

He kept waxing lyrical about juve's  defence(a dig at the board)but never mentioned lindelof in his own team who was immense imo.

70% of Utd supporters want him gone NOW according to a pole by redcafe.The ex Utd player pundits on bt sports were cowards - they all said that Utd were not improving but would not sack Mourhino???

Lineker put them on the spot by asking them is it time for mourhino to go?(like being savaged by a dead sheep)and they squirmed, I wonder why?.

Leo91   

Can I just say how well Juve kept the ball ticking over in that first half especially. While they weren't doing too much with it to the naked eye. Their two touch passing meant Utd had to constantly keep on moving position to follow the ball and Juve just waited for the opportunity and gaps to appear. Where has that passing of ours gone ? We're letting teams settle into their defensive shape by not passing it quickly enough. Fizzled out in the past few games when it was there in pre-season and the first few games in the league.

Pjanic was like Joringho on PED's. The balance they had with Sandro and Cancelo shows that it can be done. Though it helps Cuadrado is excellent at tracking back.

Edited by Leo91

17 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Even if there was an eye poke it wouldn't have been visible from that angle.

None of Vilanova, Barca or the Spanish FA have said there was an eye poke - pretty clear that a few have imagined it, and a lot more have been gullible enough to believe it (because it was Mourinho and not er, Mata).

Does this angle make things any clearer for you?

jose-mourinho2_1976664c.jpg

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

Does this angle make things any clearer for you?

jose-mourinho2_1976664c.jpg

I wouldn't bother.......they'll be some reason why this photo isn't proof of anything.

Did you ever watch The Fast Show - there was the character, who just said "no" to every question before the other bloke even finsihes speaking.