• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Manchester United 2

xCELERYx   
4 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Morata starts. Big call.

And the wrong call for me. Giroud every day of the week, his link play is more valuable than anything else Morata does when neither are scoring. 

Can see him being out muscled, even by Utds shoddy defence. 

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

I seem to be seeing conflicting opinions, some saying they will attack and target weaknesses in defence and others that they will play on the break.

What is curious is how our defence over the past 3 years has been so dependent on our attack and counterattack.

In 16/17 teams were scared against us, never really pressurised us and pretty much we had 90 mins to score to nil.
In 17/18 teams took us on invariably scored and our weaker attack often failed to get 2+ to win.
This season we are inviting teams to press, destroying them with quick passes and are already finding some teams dropping deep into their own half and battling for 0-0.

I still think WHU was one of our better performances, but the Southampton game showed how quickly we learnt to punish teams that sit back.

For Man U, they should come at us, but I doubt they will.  This is Man U 2018, a team that doesn't expect to win the PL, and will be pragmatic.  Not Chelsea 2015 which was determined to win every game even when near the bottom of the table.

Chesea are expected to line up as follows:

Kepa; Azpilicueta (c), Rudiger, David Luiz, Alonso; Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic; Willian, Morata, Hazard.

Subs: Caballero, Cahill, Zappacosta, Fabregas, Barkley, Pedro, Giroud.

Manchester United:

De Gea; Young (c), Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw, Pogba, Matic, Mata, Rashford, Lukaku, Martial.

Subs: Romero, Darmian, Bailly, Herrera, Pereira, Fred, Sanchez.

Today’s referee is Mike Dean.

2 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

And the wrong call for me. Giroud every day of the week, his link play is more valuable than anything else Morata does when neither are scoring. 

Can see him being out muscled, even by Utds shoddy defence. 

Yes strange one for me. This had Giroud written all over it. Oh well , Morata wants to prove he can score against big teams in big games so let's hope he rises to the occasion. I expect a decent game but a 0-0 scoreline.

About as balanced a bench as one could wish for.  Moses gone I'm glad to say.  I don't think we have had so many players since JM's 18 month Augean clear out starting 2004

Leo91   

Sarri perhaps trying to install some confidence in Morata having scored for us recently.

Leo91   

Tibo having a good time in Madrid by the way lads. 0-2 down at home to Levante in 13 minutes HAHA