• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Burnley at Turf Moor, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 13:30, Sunday, 28th October, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

Well, well, well... some decisions to be made for this one. Big question is, do you start with RLC? For me it's a definite yes, his confidence will be sky high and if he can put on a top performance on Sunday, then we've potentially got a fantastic player on our hands, whereas not starting him would say a lot to him about his chances of breaking in to this side as little else he could do last night to prove he deserves a shot in the league. Other questions are the usual ones: Giroud or Morata? Pedro or Willian (unless Hazard isn't fit). I also feel some questions that will be coming up soon for Sarri will also be: Does Zappacosta deserve a couple of games in the league? Could I start without Kante in the 11 and play a combination of Barkley, Kovacic and RLC with Jorginho?

What I would like to see:

Kepa

Azpi Rudiger Luiz Alonso

Kante Jorginho RLC

Willian Morata Hazard

subs: Caballero, Cahill, Zappacosta, Barkley, Kovacic, Pedro, Giroud

What I think we will see:

Kepa

Azpi Rudiger Luiz Alonso

Kante Jorginho Barkley

Pedro Morata Willian

subs: Caballero, Cahill, Zappacosta, RLC, Kovacic, Hazard, Giroud

Either way, we should win this one, although they will make it nasty and frustrating and will try to kick us as much as possible.

Jasonb   

Interesting seeing Willian playing well on the left without Hazard.

Agree the Bate match has thrown up possibilities in formation though was the performance down to individuals or the group knowing they were up against inferior opposition?

I don't think RLC is restricted to midfield I think he can play a wide forward role too. 

If Hazard does not recover from injury this could throw up some intriguing personnel changes.

Morata against those Burnley thugs, think this is one he should sit out personally. 

I think the real question is how long until Hazard is playing up front. The only reason this hasn't happened so far is AM is probably our weakest position from a depth perspective. Willian, Hazard and Pedro as a fluid front three provides pace and movement that we are not getting currently.

Willian in my opinion has always been better from the left as he is not the best or the most inclined crosser of the ball. Always found it odd that Conte would play Pedro on the left when Hazard was out, I think the performance of both guys in the Europa has shown this was a mistake. This would not be like last season when the team commited no men forward and lumped it up to Eden like he was Drogba. Sarri commits far more men forward and has shown with Mertens before he can make a false 9 work. It would also give an extra player on the pitch willing to press from the front.

Next signing priority (January if at all possible) a young, pacey AM/Striker who can play out wide or through the centre. Arnautovic has really gone up a level since playing through the centre though is 29 and injury prone. Richarlison fits the mold perfectly but only just signed for £50million so not really feasible. Firmino another example of how this kind of player can really benefit the team as a whole. 

Jasonb   

I would also like to see the front three of Willian, Hazard and Pedro tried again.

In looking at that threesome only Hazard is under 30 and I think this should open up a gap for RLC to cover for the 30 year olds.

RLC for me is an attacking MF in a midfield diamond yet we have not played that system for a while yet he can add value as a wide front man though don't despite his size see him as a no.9.

Ham   

Is this game actually being televised anywhere?  The Arsenal game is on Sky at the same time. 

kev61   

Sarri has said RLC is a quandary as how  to fit  him in a midfield position - give him a chance as a striker!.Why do we insist on pigeon hole players - it might come as a surprise to folk that Fernando Torres started life as a goal keeper!