• Current Donation Goals

47 minutes ago, kev61 said:

it might come as a surprise to folk that Fernando Torres started life as a goal keeper!

Strangely, it doesn't surprise me at all........:)

57 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Sarri has said RLC is a quandary as how  to fit  him in a midfield position - give him a chance as a striker!.Why do we insist on pigeon hole players - it might come as a surprise to folk that Fernando Torres started life as a goal keeper!

Sounds like an argument for pigeon holing to me.

Would it be totally out of the question for Cesc to start or at least see some minutes? Personally I would have him on the left of the midfield three all day long especially in a game like today. If he continues to receive zero premier league minutes I can't see him sticking around. With him alongside Jorginho I can see us ripping teams to pieces. 

Edited by samhoward17

Rob B   
1 hour ago, samhoward17 said:

Would it be totally out of the question for Cesc to start or at least see some minutes? Personally I would have him on the left of the midfield three all day long especially in a game like today. If he continues to receive zero premier league minutes I can't see him sticking around. With him alongside Jorginho I can see us ripping teams to pieces. 

Don’t disagree with the fact he needs to play more, but I thought he was unusually poor against BATE - gave the ball away a lot.

And it would be criminal for RLC not to be involved in some way today 

Just now, Rob B said:

Don’t disagree with the fact he needs to play more, but I thought he was unusually poor against BATE - gave the ball away a lot.

And it would be criminal for RLC not to be involved in some way today 

I've only seen the highlights of the BATE game so unable to comment on that however in the previous games I didn't really like him playing the Jorginho role. He is at his best when able to roam and link up in attack as well as spraying his long passes. It's tough on him but not sure RLC will get any minutes today as there is quite the queue forming at CM. I expect Barkley will play. 

Expecting a tight game today, hoping it is one of our more clinical days on the road.Think both centre forwards will play a part 

Arkie   

Hazard not available... sigh... Yet again he was injured by Man Utd thugs with orders from our "legend" Mourinho.

Hoping for 3 points. Will be extremely tough with Morata and Willian up front.