• Current Donation Goals

^ beat me to it by seconds.
Does the yellow background mean we get to play in Yellos.
Hope so - my favourite team 2nd colour (apart from the Red shirts the Butch wilkin's team had back in the 70s).

Probably the easiest team to predict in ages, given the non-starts of Barkley and Morata mid-week.
No CHO, no back up winger (other than Zappacosta).
Moses off with Drinkwater it seems.

Edited by Droy was my hero

xCELERYx   
6 hours ago, samhoward17 said:

Would it be totally out of the question for Cesc to start or at least see some minutes? Personally I would have him on the left of the midfield three all day long especially in a game like today. If he continues to receive zero premier league minutes I can't see him sticking around. With him alongside Jorginho I can see us ripping teams to pieces. 

Hard to have both Fabregas and Jorginho playing together in the same side because of how little impact they have defensively off the ball. 

3 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Hard to have both Fabregas and Jorginho playing together in the same side because of how little impact they have defensively off the ball. 

If they both play we will dominate the ball and I personally don't think Barkley offers that much defensively anyway. Would be nice to see it given a try as I thought they linked well in pre-season. Having Cesc in the team automotically gives the team a cutting edge in possession that it has been lacking. 

Edited by samhoward17

The team as expected, just a shame Hazard doesn't make the bench - I hope this injury doesn't last any longer than this weekend (and maybe Derby). 

I worry where goals will come from today, we have to hope Pedro has put his shooting boots on, Barkley too.

Come on Chels!

Holymoly   

Well this is it. How will we do against an organised side with no Hazard? Personally I would have shoved RLC on as striker as I don't see Pedro or Willian being much assistance to Morata. Hopefully he will prove me wrong. Of course we don't know what goes on in training but I would have also added CHO at least to the subs to provide a threat of direct pace in the absence of Hazard.

25 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Whereas Jorginho and Barkley...

11 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Well this is it. How will we do against an organised side with no Hazard? Personally I would have shoved RLC on as striker as I don't see Pedro or Willian being much assistance to Morata. Hopefully he will prove me wrong. Of course we don't know what goes on in training but I would have also added CHO at least to the subs to provide a threat of direct pace in the absence of Hazard.

I don't think RLC is ever going to play CF, but he should be a decent option on the wing.
One of Willian and Pedro will come on, and RLC looks the obvious sub.