• Current Donation Goals

Four nil , away to Burnley , four different scorers , Barkley imperious , pinch me I'm dreaming ...

Ok Burnley aren’t all that - but we were bloody good today! 😮 Fantastic stuff Chels! 

Always rated Ross Barkley and I said since he signed he would come good. The best is yet to come!

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Four nil , away to Burnley , four different scorers , Barkley imperious , pinch me I'm dreaming ...

Yep! Brilliant result and a real vindication of Sarriball today at any rate. Should provide confidence boosts to all and sundry I should think. Both in their own individual performance levels and in the manager's style of play.

• Like 1

Best performance this season? Without Hazard nonetheless. We looked so cool and collected today and nothing bothered us. Not even a tuggish Burnley. We just toyed with them, like a cat playing with a mouse before eating it. Loftus-Cheek and Barkley show that we need something to break the pattern. Both of these players are staking serious claims on the starting XI. Fabregas is now Jorginho's understudy and Kovacic is looking more and more likely to compete with Kanté for CM6. 

Kanté/Kovacic - Jorginho/Fabregas - Barkley/Loftus-Cheek

Right now we are on par for a 91p season and 90+ goals scored. Two new signings... Who said the manager doesn't matter? 

Not expecting us to keep this up for the season, but I'm starting to feel pretty good about our chances to make it back to the top 4. Ross Barkley one goal and two assits. So many on these boards who are starting to look silly now. He's already proven some of you incredibly wrong and that says a lot ten games into a season. 

My ratings in a 433:

Arrizabalaga: 5 - Maybe a bit unfair to only give him a 5, but he had a few shaky moments in the air. He's a bit inexperienced and looks shaky when under pressure

Azpilicueta: 8 - Back to his rock-solid self. Top performance from Azpi

Rüdiger: 7 - Solid, strong, calm. Top defender

Luiz: 7 - No mistakes and calm and collective and as always a dream on the ball

Alonso: 7 - Solid at both ends without shining

Kanté: 8 - Probably his best game this season. Looked alanced and offered something at both ends. Also great in posession 

Jorginho: 8 - Another top performance from the man. His passing and reading of the game is crucial for us 

Barkley: 9 - One goal and two assists. Didn't give the ball away under pressure and had his best game since signing for us

Willian: 9* - Unplayable today. MoM and should have had a few goals and assists

Morata: 7 - Much better from Alvaro. Should have scored more than the one he got

Pedro: 7 - Forced to an early sub due to injury

Subs:

Loftus-Cheek: 7 - Back to RW (as he played most of last season) and added calmness in possession and as always a threat on the break and in the box

Giroud: 7 - Should have scored a couple...

Fabregas: 6 - Didn't influence the game much

Goals: 

0-1 Morata (Barkley)

0-2 Barkley (Kanté)

0-3 Willian (Barkley)

0-4 Loftus-Cheek (Alonso)

JaneB   

Really well played. Would never have dreamt of this result today. 

I didn't want Sarri to come to Chelsea but I'm not sure he's put a foot wrong yet in the PR department anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Indeed! A great result. Morata was excellent with his link up play and his runs. Should have had two, could have had three. Willian, more threatening on the left than the right, had a good game too. Barkley today reminded me of Lampard at his best... he controlled the midfield, did his defensive duties well, created chances for others and grabbed a well-deserved goal for himself. Ruben getting that fourth goal was the cherry on top of the cake. No less than we deserved against a side who, at home, are normally tough opponents. Before the game I'd have been happy with a one-nill win. Great performance all round.

16 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Really well played. Would never have dreamt of this result today. 

I didn't want Sarri to come to Chelsea but I'm not sure he's put a foot wrong yet in the PR department anyway. 

Hardly in any department I think. He's still been here very little time of course and, in that brief amount of time, has completely changed our style of play and engendered a total turnaround in atmosphere and attitude within our club.

Forza Maurizio for me!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Morata: 7 - Much better from Alvaro. Should have scored more than the one he got

Good post as usual. Agreed with everything including this. 

I think its important to also note that although Alvaro missed 3 sitters by my count, that it was his excellent movement that really created the chances. 

The first one missed was a great run to give Alonso an option to play the ball into in the first half, the second was the great pick out by Jorginho, and the third was the header chance that, again, Morata created by making a great near post run. 

I think its fair to say that I often feel as though I am Morata’s sole supporter on this forum. But seriously, I just feel like there is so much talent to work with in his case. He is almost Crespo like in his qualities only without the scoring pedigree. 

chelboy   

Barkley always had talent if you watched him at Everton you could see it. He really is enjoying himself again looks so confident and comfortable now. He has two great feet and ability to score outside and inside the box. Something our midfielders lack. £15M for him is our best bargain in a while.

Glad RLC got mins today and also scored. He did a good job at RW not easy to play in a position your uncomfortable with from the bench too.

Pedro still does not seem fully fit since that injury which is worrying. We are going to need him. Azpi also looked far more solid than in recent weeks.

Good game all around glad Sarri went with RLC instead of putting Moses on the bench.

JaneB   
5 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Hardly in any department I think. He's still been here very little time of course and, in that brief amount of time, has completely changed our style of play and engendered a total turnaround in atmosphere and attitude within our club.

Forza Maurizio for me!

Yes indeed. Quite nice to have a low maintenance, 'non offending' manager for a change. It must help having Franco around too.

I'm delighted he's brought Luiz back into the fold although I feel a bit sorry for Gary Cahill. I also wish that Cesc didn't have to be sacrificed, even if I understand why.