• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Derby County 2

11 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

One thing it showed is that RL-C shouldn't play quite so high up... back to goal he loses a lot of his threat, which is running with the ball from deeper positions. Against weaker opposition we might get away with him playing as part of a front three, but he's more suited to playing as an 8

Bang on. RLC isn't a winger and never was. He's a number 8 plain and simple. I don't get it at all that Conte tried him as a S (says more of onte than RLC) and I'm even more perplexed to see Sarri use him as a RW in a front three. 

At Palace he played RM for most of last season. Further back, and a role where he could stay tucked inside far more than provide width. 

55 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

Agree. Christenson has no future at this club, or perhaps any at the top level.

I think you're being very harsh. What happened was that Conte had his little spat with Luiz last season and threw Christenson into the fray when he wasn't prepared or ready, and too be honest he cracked a bit under pressure. Conte then dropped him and I don't think he's quite recovered from it all. He needs a bit of nurturing now because he is worth nurturing , but he can stop going on about being unhappy at not playing in the first team. The reason why your not Andreas is because of performances like last night. Head down ,work hard and you may make a Chelsea skipper one day.

• Like 1

JaneB   
15 hours ago, JaneB said:

Good.

Nobly is one of my favourites on here and makes me giggle a lot 😂

13 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

It's late at night now so I can share a a topical little story with any adult night owls who are still up.

A mate of mine decided to have a few weeks hols in Thailand. As you can imagine it wasn't long before he pulled this absolutely gorgeous Thai girl ...or so he thought but it was actually a fella! Apparently he came incredibly close to sleeping with his new "girlfriend". He explained what happened. He said " I met her in a bar and bought her drink . We chatted away and I'm telling you she talked like a girl, she looked and felt exactly like a girl and she even kissed like a girl. The she drove me to her home and reversed the car neatly first time into the garage and I thought to myself 'hang on a flippin minute!!' ".

You can go off people though...………..

3 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Boom boom! However regarding the myth, I'll invite you down to Brighton during the festival season. We have a show that comes to town called The Lady Boys of Bangkok.  If you can tell the difference I will buy the beers for the evening !! ( and thats risky because I'm sure it wont be your first pint of lager)

I've seen that show and they look A M A Z I N G!!!

3 hours ago, Gormangorman said:

Agree. Christenson has no future at this club, or perhaps any at the top level.

Absolute tosh 

JaneB   
12 hours ago, chara said:

Well.I'm into my 5th hour of singleness as I start slowly sinking back into the Stone Age but what excuse do you guys (and gals..not taking any chances in the present forum climate..not you Jane.) have for being up so late?..it's 7.12pm here so I am still in a relatively sober time frame.

Other thoughts..indeed Nobly has led many of us down a path (hopefully) less travelled but of course his forum moniker should have warned us a long time ago (did I spell moniker correctly?..hmm)

Been to a lot of places but never Thailand and am now concerned that two of my ex wives were better drivers than me...could I have missed something?

Oh and football...been puzzled for a long time about RLC..he reminded me of someone from the Chelsea past and it came to me (oh no) earlier..Graham Moore..long time ago but a big guy who didn't ever seem to "punch" his weight and to agree with someone earlier I just can't see him coming good at Chelsea.(This has got to STOP!)

So Nobly..if you are still awake...how did your mate get back to his hotel? Just had a flashback to Majorca in the 60's....woke up early one morning with my feet in the harbor water in the shadow of the Cathedral there...as related to nothing,,just a flashback!!!

Goodness me, how many do you have??

Most women are better drivers than men.  They don't need to do that macho thing.  And you know what they say, the bigger the car...………..

(runs for cover)

chara   
47 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Most women are better drivers than men.  They don't need to do that macho thing.  And you know what they say, the bigger the car...………..

(runs for cover)

Hmmm...I drive a Ram truck...seems something of an oxymoron... 

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

(runs for cover)

Check out Chara  with his bunch of ex wives,  his Ram truck and his mountain lifestyle!!  Bit of a dark horse I'd say 😉.

And by the way Jane your welcome presence on this forum is gift, especially when us chaps start veering off piste into dodgy territory and you gently pull us back to where we should be. Please don't go anywhere because who knows where we'd all end up! ( speaking for myself mainly).

8 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Boom boom! However regarding the myth, I'll invite you down to Brighton during the festival season. We have a show that comes to town called The Lady Boys of Bangkok.  If you can tell the difference I will buy the beers for the evening !! ( and thats risky because I'm sure it wont be your first pint of lager)

I can tell the difference (lived in Brighton for 2 years not so long ago).
Most of the ladyboys are taller than me (and I am 6'3" - without heels).

I used to see them strolling down the Western Road, where there was also a local person who seemed to stand out side the Laundrette and the SunTan shop gossiping and smoking like they were manager or owner.  Hideous face, big chin, hips of a 10 year old boy, but unbuttoned blouse and the most stupendous cleavage imaginable.  

35 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I can tell the difference (lived in Brighton for 2 years not so long ago).
Most of the ladyboys are taller than me (and I am 6'3" - without heels).

I used to see them strolling down the Western Road, where there was also a local person who seemed to stand out side the Laundrette and the SunTan shop gossiping and smoking like they were manager or owner.  Hideous face, big chin, hips of a 10 year old boy, but unbuttoned blouse and the most stupendous cleavage imaginable.  

Well lets face it, Brighton has the lot!  That sounds more like a drag act / cross dresser (or worryingly a girl I used to go out with) . The lady boys are actually quite petite.  But its a bit like people who say "I can tell a wig from a mile off."  To that I would say,  you can spot the bad ones but how do you know how many good ones you haven't noticed?