• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Derby County 2

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our EFL Cup 4th Round match against Derby County at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45, Wednesday, 31st October, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

Super Frank returns, what an awesome occasion. I want him to succeed, but obviously not on Wednesday. That said, if we are to be knocked out, I'd pick Frank and his Derby team as the team to do it.

Pedro should hopefully be fit for this as it was just a stomach ache apparently, which is good as we could really do with giving Willian a rest. I would imagine Hazard won't start as not worth the risk. I expect to see:

Caballero

Zappacosta Cahill Christensen Emerson

RLC Fabregas Kovacic

Pedro Giroud CHO

Subs: Bulka, Rudiger, Alonso, Kante, Moses, Hazard, Morata

paulw66   
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Super Frank returns, what an awesome occasion. I want him to succeed, but obviously not on Wednesday. That said, if we are to be knocked out, I'd pick Frank and his Derby team as the team to do it.

Pedro should hopefully be fit for this as it was just a stomach ache apparently, which is good as we could really do with giving Willian a rest. I would imagine Hazard won't start as not worth the risk. I expect to see:

Caballero

Zappacosta Cahill Christensen Emerson

RLC Fabregas Kovacic

Pedro Giroud CHO

Subs: Bulka, Rudiger, Alonso, Kante, Moses, Hazard, Morata

Would say the back 4 is a given, as well as Fabregas as the regista. I wouldn't put any money on anything else. RLC probably........ 

The CF will be dictated by who he wants to use against Palace. I would use Giroud against them as they're a physical team who won't move out of their half. 

JaneB   

Lampard and Zola, what a privilege 

But come on Chelsea 💙 We can't have Frank getting too big for his boots........as if

paulw66   
33 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Lampard and Zola, what a privilege 

But come on Chelsea 💙 We can't have Frank getting too big for his boots........as if

Slightly of topic, but talking of Zola........I bet he can't believe his bloody luck. 

18 months ago I was on the same train as him from Birmingham to Euston. I had just been to see us win 2-0 at Wolves in the FA cup, whilst he had just come from witnessing his Birmingham City side lose 3-0 at home to some mid table championship team. I managed to get a photo with him, but he was looking pretty miserable with life. Fast forward, and he is back "home", coaching without pressure of managing, for an Italian coach, with the team unbeaten. 

JaneB   
33 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Slightly of topic, but talking of Zola........I bet he can't believe his bloody luck. 

18 months ago I was on the same train as him from Birmingham to Euston. I had just been to see us win 2-0 at Wolves in the FA cup, whilst he had just come from witnessing his Birmingham City side lose 3-0 at home to some mid table championship team. I managed to get a photo with him, but he was looking pretty miserable with life. Fast forward, and he is back "home", coaching without pressure of managing, for an Italian coach, with the team unbeaten. 

I remember your post about it! You were all worse for wear and singing his name 😂 The poor bloke must have felt wretched but still agreed to photos etc.

We criticise the board a lot but this is one decision they got 100% right. I think he's found his ideal job because he's not a No 1. But just imagine all that expertise, experience, skill, discipline, respect, kindness and humility he's bringing back to the club.

He'a an absolute gem, in fact I get quite emotional talking about him. Hope he never leaves 💙

Edited by JaneB

This game should see something along the lines of Bate and Liverpool away. For me, I would go with: 

Willy 

Zappa Christensen Cahill Emerson 

RLC Cesc Kovacic 

Pedro Giroud CHO 

Subs - Kepa, Luiz, Dave, Kante, Barkley, Pedro/Moses, Morata 

Hazard and Willian should be rested. Additionally, if Amapadu is fit then he should make the bench or come into the starting XI as now we are becoming more settled with the system it is important to see these two (CHO as well) in meaningful minutes to see if they should stay or be loaned to get used to adult football. If Ampadu is fit and Pedro is not 100% I would be tempted to have RLC go to RWF and have Amapdu in the midfield. 

paulw66   

No Hazard, Pedro or Giroud.....

Time for CHO?

Really short of forward options, so presume Willian will start, as will Morata 

Vinod   
On 29/10/2018 at 5:41 PM, JaneB said:

He'a an absolute gem, in fact I get quite emotional talking about him. Hope he never leaves 💙

It would be nice to hear fans sing his song while he is around. I can't recall hearing anything on the telly.

JaneB   
43 minutes ago, Vinod said:

It would be nice to hear fans sing his song while he is around. I can't recall hearing anything on the telly.

**There's only one Mrs Zola.......** 💙💞💙