• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Crystal Palace at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:00, Sunday, 4th November, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

I hate playing Palace, one of my lest favourite fixtures of the season - they always seem to up their game for this match, we often have an off day against them and because of where I grew up, a lot of my friends support Palace. That said, with Sarri in charge and the way he's got us playing, I'm feeling more confident than normal about this one. I don't expect to see Hazard again - I'm concerned he's going to be out for longer than we thought. I think we'll see:

Kepa

Azpilicueta   Rudiger   Luiz   Alonso

Kante   Jorginho   Barkley

RLC   Morata   Willian

Bench: Caballero, Cahill, Zappacosta, Kovacic, Fabregas, Pedro, Giroud

As per usual with these away games in a partisan atmosphere it really depends who SKY and the PGMOL collaborate together and appoint as the referee .

However most of them think booking someone for persistant fouling in the 93rd minute is "job done" and they get praised for allowing our players to get kicked in the air every two minutes letting the game flow by the talking heads on the TV so ...

This'll be difficult , hoping Roy still hasn't realised that Max Meyer is their best midfielder and starts him on the bench . 

I'll be happy with a dull 1-0 win off Morata's arse.

Edited by Mark Kelly

Jasonb   
2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I hate playing Palace, one of my lest favourite fixtures of the season - they always seem to up their game for this match, we often have an off day against them and because of where I grew up, a lot of my friends support Palace. That said, with Sarri in charge and the way he's got us playing, I'm feeling more confident than normal about this one. I don't expect to see Hazard again - I'm concerned he's going to be out for longer than we thought. I think we'll see:

Kepa

Azpilicueta   Rudiger   Luiz   Alonso

Kante   Jorginho   Barkley

RLC   Morata   Willian

Bench: Caballero, Cahill, Zappacosta, Kovacic, Fabregas, Pedro, Giroud

Yes I also grew up in an area close to Palace and share your thoughts on them often being extremely motivated when coming up against us.

Playing the role of mystic meg I think they won't bother us this time and it will be another three points to the Blues.

I'd be going with; 

Arrizabalaga

Zappacosta Rüdiger Luiz Alonso

Kanté Jorginho Barkley

Pedro Morata Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek, Willian, Giroud

Sea foot   
2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

As per usual with these away games in a partisan atmosphere................

We're at home Mark.

18 minutes ago, Sea foot said:

We're at home Mark.

Hmmm , not as partisan as I thought then , we might actually get some change out of the ref in this one in that case....

Edited by Mark Kelly

On 01/11/2018 at 11:18 AM, The_Ghost said:

I'd be going with; 

Arrizabalaga

Zappacosta Rüdiger Luiz Alonso

Kanté Jorginho Barkley

Pedro Morata Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek, Willian, Giroud

This is what I would go for but I think Dave is certain to start as I cannot see Sarri trusting Zappa to keep Zaha at bay on the counter. 

1 hour ago, Conte Kante said:

This is what I would go for but I think Dave is certain to start as I cannot see Sarri trusting Zappa to keep Zaha at bay on the counter. 

I think Sarri will go with;

Arrizabalaga

Azpilicueta Rüdiger Luiz Alonso

Kanté Jorginho Kovacic

Loftus-Cheek               Willian

Morata

Subs: Caballero, Zappacosta, Cahill, Fabregas, Barkley, Pedro, Hazard

^ Kovacic started mid-week, Barkley stayed on bench.  So Barkley starts tomorrow I feel pretty sure.

Willian and Pedro I would expect.