• Current Donation Goals

Leo91   
13 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

He has already flopped at a big club and not worth the gamble. 

So much wrong with this post.

5 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

So much wrong with this post.

In your opinion, of course. Personally, I'm with RobertoftheGiz - I think much of the hoopla around Zaha, is exaggeration and/or desperate invention. If he's the answer to our prayers, then I think we're in deep trouble. Sure, he has his days, but not enough of them, imo. 

Leo91   
38 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

In your opinion, of course. Personally, I'm with RobertoftheGiz - I think much of the hoopla around Zaha, is exaggeration and/or desperate invention. If he's the answer to our prayers, then I think we're in deep trouble. Sure, he has his days, but not enough of them, imo. 

Well there's always a risk to any transfer but to say he flopped at a big club when he was 20 years old playing bit parts under David Moyes regime so he'll flop again is absurd. While consistency might be an issue (not sure it is), its not invention that he can beat a man and bang one into the top corner as he's done it numerous times. Put him in a better side and his numbers will go up.

Edited by Leo91

chelboy   

Zaha situation reminds me of Mane when he was in Southampton. Many thought he was not all that in Southampton but when he arrived in Liverpool and played with better players and coaching he went up levels. I think Zaha is in the  same situation and will go even further levels than Mane. Problem I think he makes himself a target by not trusting his team mates so teams gang up on him but lets be honest they are hopeless without him. I would take him all day long. Also Wan-Bissaka looks one for the future very solid RB for his age too.

34 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

. Put him in a better side and his numbers will go up.

Maybe. But it's certainly not guaranteed. As we have seen with many players, over many years, and at many clubs. 

xCELERYx   
58 minutes ago, Kezza said:

How underrated is Pedro? You can always count on him to score a goal. 

Excessively underrated. Outside of Hazard he's out next biggest goal threat. 

Read something about two weeks ago now that Pedro had played at the time about 6,085 minutes in the PL for 23 goals and 13 assists. Which isn't too bad for someone who has also had bench role at times and doesn't really take many set pieces. In comparison Willian had 10,819 minutes of PL action since joining for his 26 goals and 23 assists. 

He's the ideal player for that right hand side. Just a shame he's 31 (32 to start next season). 

6 hours ago, Kezza said:

How underrated is Pedro? You can always count on him to score a goal. 

Not sure he is underrated. Everyone I know has always thought he was class. He was one of the players many said wasn't good enough last season, along with Willian, but that was more to do with the whole debate about Conte that just became a ridiculous set of excuses for the manager.

In real life Pedro is very highly rated by most.

paulw66   
8 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

what a bizzare leap.

paulw66   
8 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

He has already flopped at a big club and not worth the gamble. 

A bit like Salah and KdB I suppose? 

Edit - Zaha joined United aged 20, and was given 28 PL minutes before being discarded. 

Edited by paulw66