• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Crystal Palace 1

Jasonb   
16 hours ago, paulw66 said:

The left centre back under conte was Cahill, who is right footed. Azpi was able to carry the ball from defence and swing in a right footed cross to Morata. A left footed centre back like Ake would have been ideal on the left side of a 3. 

True, though I was thinking of Alonso rather than Cahill though see your point in relation to Azpi's CB role when he was hitting those crosses. It just seemed criminal that we could only hit decent crosses to Morata from the right side.

9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

For the Kovacic/Barkley/RLC position, I think Fabregas is neck and neck with RLC as 3rd favourite.  Even now.
There are plenty who have criticised RLC this season, including me.  I wouldn't mistake a lot of people not saying much after his hattrick as wide spread recognition of a special talent.  2 bad games and they (we) will be on his back again.  

I disagree with the last bit very much. We tend to make our choices on players and then try and back them up to show we know what we are talking about. It takes quite a bit for a poster to completely reverse his opinion on a player after 2 bad games... but if someone is sitting on a fence it might tip them over the edge. For instance I don't believe Fabragas is finished as a player. I believe he still has a lot to offer this team . A bad game is not going to change my mind on that.

All those names you mentioned have their champions and their critics. In fact right through from defence,  midfield and forwards , there are very few players who are stick on's from us fans. This is very unusual considering how well we are doing.

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

The above doesn't really add up. If Rudiger and Luiz have unaminous approval, there isn't much room to give Cahill and Christensen much time at all, and as much as I think Cahill has been great servent to this club (the dogs abuse he gets is pathetic), watching him get out paced by David Nugent on Wednesday showed why he can't really be relied upon anymore .

Personally, I am much happier with RLC or Barkley at CM than I am now with Cahill at centre half. 

There is also no way Willian, Jorginho, Kante, Kepa and Luiz have unaminous approval - have heard criticisms of all them, either on here, or at the ground. 

Yeah - I never took the "only consider those with Universal Approval" condition very seriously.  Largely because the discussion was about Barkley and RLC who have both had considerable criticism earlier in the season. Strict "Universal Approval" just closes the topic.