• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Crystal Palace 1

On 01/11/2018 at 9:23 AM, Mark Kelly said:

As per usual with these away games in a partisan atmosphere it really depends who SKY and the PGMOL collaborate together and appoint as the referee .

However most of them think booking someone for persistant fouling in the 93rd minute is "job done" and they get praised for allowing our players to get kicked in the air every two minutes letting the game flow by the talking heads on the TV so ...

This'll be difficult , hoping Roy still hasn't realised that Max Meyer is their best midfielder and starts him on the bench . 

I'll be happy with a dull 1-0 win off Morata's arse.

Referee: Michael Oliver
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett
Fourth official: Kevin Friend

Blue Rod   

Always try to be as objective as I could possibly be.

The team may just have played better without Hazard, who remains our best player. Hazard, must adapt to allowing the passing flow.

Kovacic does not look like being able to dislodge Barkley any time soon. I still don't see where he is better than Barkley. 

There has been a lot of talk about Christensen not being good enough for Chelsea. That may be true, may not be true. My concern is how we can replace David Luiz with a reliable defender. His mistakes keep multiplying, and each seems to lead directly to a goal. 

We will beat Palace 3-1

Edited by Blue Rod
Spelling

kev61   

Expectations are it should be an easy game for us.Watched the Arsensal Liverpool game..very entertaining and top class football, I think we are in that bracket of quality.

Been a touch of a bogie fixture for us the last few years and Zaha in particular has caused us problems. This season Palace have really struggled for goals however did deserve their point against Arsenal last week. They always seem to play better on the counter so we need to be extremely wary of this. 

I would expect the same line up as last week with Hazard in for either Pedro or Willian. Giroud is out so Morata has a chance to follow his first decent display of the season. 

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, samhoward17 said:

Been a touch of a bogie fixture for us the last few years and Zaha in particular has caused us problems. This season Palace have really struggled for goals however did deserve their point against Arsenal last week. They always seem to play better on the counter so we need to be extremely wary of this. 

I would expect the same line up as last week with Hazard in for either Pedro or Willian. Giroud is out so Morata has a chance to follow his first decent display of the season. 

JFH was spot on about Morata in his punditry on Wednesday. The Spaniard should play to his strengths. He is not a back to goal No 9, and he is not a dribbler. His strengths are when facing the goal, on the ground or in the air. It's up to him to shape his movements so that he receives the ball in his position of strength.

By now every Chelsea forward must have enough stats on every PL player they might face. For example, who is faster than them, and who can they outrun. We should go into this match fully equipped. 

No surprises.
Palace in October got 1 point and lost to a Championship team in LC.  

I don't like Palace coming off a bad run.  Wish they were more confident.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, samhoward17 said:

They are a funny team for us always feels like a game we struggle to get up for and they dont. Their fans have got that reinvented as boisterous about them bit like QPR which is irritating as well.

We usually win this fixture but not easily I can't remember really giving them a thrashing. They look like they have woken up judging from the arsenal game. Expecting a tricky one.