• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 3 Crystal Palace 1

chelboy   

This is where the whole Barkley vs Kovacic has its ups and downs. Barkley has given the ball away several times in situations where Kovacic would use the ball better and keep it. 

Good touch and finish by Morata. We have been better at pressing and improved as the half went on. HT came at a bad time for us.

GURJ SS   
3 minutes ago, chelboy said:

This is where the whole Barkley vs Kovacic has its ups and downs. Barkley has given the ball away several times in situations where Kovacic would use the ball better and keep it. 

Good touch and finish by Morata. We have been better at pressing and improved as the half went on. HT came at a bad time for us.

I think as a goal threat Barkley is better(although he has to be having a great game otherwise it's non existent), but Kovacic is just a better footballer than Barkley so gets my pick. I think Barkley is better used in games against the top teams because he has space and can drive forward on a counter, but against teams who will look to sit back then my 3 midfield would even be Jorge, Cesc and Kovacic; while it isn't the best combo in defensive situations it would probably see us increase our goal rate enough for it to not matter, we lack creativity and for a team with so much of the ball it's probably the worst thing to lack.

Morata has been good but I think we've got to get someone closer to him much quicker or he's left isolated. While some may say in that case Giroud would be better to play I think the main problem is that our striker shouldn't need to hold off 2 centrebacks for a length of time before someone is able to get near them.

Oliver there , praised for letting the game carry on because he is waiting for a break in play to not book the Palace player.

Berk.

chelboy   
6 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

I think as a goal threat Barkley is better(although he has to be having a great game otherwise it's non existent), but Kovacic is just a better footballer than Barkley so gets my pick. I think Barkley is better used in games against the top teams because he has space and can drive forward on a counter, but against teams who will look to sit back then my 3 midfield would even be Jorge, Cesc and Kovacic; while it isn't the best combo in defensive situations it would probably see us increase our goal rate enough for it to not matter, we lack creativity and for a team with so much of the ball it's probably the worst thing to lack.

Morata has been good but I think we've got to get someone closer to him much quicker or he's left isolated. While some may say in that case Giroud would be better to play I think the main problem is that our striker shouldn't need to hold off 2 centrebacks for a length of time before someone is able to get near them.

Would rather Kovacic plays in big games where we are pressed much higher up the pitch. That is when midfielders have to be very quick and decisive with the ball.  Kovacic best games have come against Arsenal and Liverpool.

Just now, r.bartlett said:

uff, 

Still ...At least Martin Tyler is happy now . Positively glowing.