• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

BATE Borisov 0 Chelsea 1

ripz   

DrfqRJjWsAEjVFy.jpg

Why risk Jorginho instead of playing Ampadu there? Why Barkley and not Kovacic, is Kova now going to start at the weekend? I really don't understand Sarri playing such a strong team when we're winning the group easily.

6 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

And what if we give him that playing time, he performs badly because he isn't ready and his confidence is knocked etc. I have no doubt the club are looking after him and he's been made well aware of what his status in this squad is.

See I get what you are talking about and I hope he is convinced that he sees his future with us. But if we are not going to play him in some low key matches then it will be hard to get convinced. Also consider Sancho example.

12 minutes ago, ripz said:

DrfqRJjWsAEjVFy.jpg

Why risk Jorginho instead of playing Ampadu there? Why Barkley and not Kovacic, is Kova now going to start at the weekend? I really don't understand Sarri playing such a strong team when we're winning the group easily.

Win this and we've qualified, means we have 2 games with nothing riding on them where he can play as many back up/youth players as he wants. For me, this match is all about getting in, getting the job done and getting out again.

Also, look at the Liverpool result last night - anything can happen in these matches. Do not underestimate an away game far away in Europe with a hostile atmosphere.

20 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Win this and we've qualified, means we have 2 games with nothing riding on them where he can play as many back up/youth players as he wants. For me, this match is all about getting in, getting the job done and getting out again.

Also, look at the Liverpool result last night - anything can happen in these matches. Do not underestimate an away game far away in Europe with a hostile atmosphere.

Absolutely. 100% concentration, 100% effort until we are 100% sure of qualification; then and only then, can we afford to take our foot off the pedal if we so wish.

55 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

And what if we give him that playing time, he performs badly because he isn't ready and his confidence is knocked etc. I have no doubt the club are looking after him and he's been made well aware of what his status in this squad is.

And what if we don't give him any good competitive playing time? How will we know what kind of player we have and how will we know whether it's worth giving him a new contract next year? I have a feeling that many teams in the prem would snap him up on a free.

19 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Absolutely. 100% concentration, 100% effort until we are 100% sure of qualification; then and only then, can we afford to take our foot off the pedal if we so wish.

We will certainly need to concentrate. This team are no push overs at home and I can see them causing us a few problems. It's a strong team we've put out though and we should win....even a draw is ok in our position.  I'm just hoping that when Hazard comes off Hudson will go on. 

I'm very interested to see how RLC and Barclay perform together.

7 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

We will certainly need to concentrate. This team are no push overs at home and I can see them causing us a few problems. It's a strong team we've put out though and we should win....even a draw is ok in our position.  I'm just hoping that when Hazard comes off Hudson will go on. 

I'm very interested to see how RLC and Barclay perform together.

Indeed. I may be wrong, but I think that's the first time they've both started.