• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

BATE Borisov 0 Chelsea 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Europa League match against BATE Borisov at Borisov Arena, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:55, Thursday, 8th November, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

Surely, this is the game to start resting players in this competition. Long distance game, almost secured the group and have a home game against beatable opposition next anyway, difficult PL game at the weekend etc.

As a result, I would like to see the following:

Kepa

Zappa Christensen Cahill Emerson

Kovacic Ampadu Cesc

RLC Giroud CHO

Subs: Willy, Luiz, Dave, Kante, Barkley, Moses Morata

19 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

Surely, this is the game to start resting players in this competition. Long distance game, almost secured the group and have a home game against beatable opposition next anyway, difficult PL game at the weekend etc.

Quite.  This is I guess why Sarri was determined to get 3 points secured in the home game.

The interesting thing will not be the team, or bench, but the players who are permitted to stay at Cobham and miss the trip.

paulw66   
16 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Quite.  This is I guess why Sarri was determined to get 3 points secured in the home game.

The interesting thing will not be the team, or bench, but the players who are permitted to stay at Cobham and miss the trip.

As long as Hazard is one, I will be happy. 

Agree, this has to be when we start resting players in this competition. I'd be keeping Hazard, Jorginho, Rudiger and Alonso all back for this one - not even making the journey. I'd go with:

Kepa

Zappa Cahill Christensen Emerson

RLC Ampadu Fabregas

Moses Giroud CHO

Subs: Caballero, Luiz, Kovacic, Kante, Pedro, Willian, Morata

It needs to be a case of get in, get the job done and get out again.

paulw66   
21 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Agree, this has to be when we start resting players in this competition. I'd be keeping Hazard, Jorginho, Rudiger and Alonso all back for this one - not even making the journey. I'd go with:

Kepa

Zappa Cahill Christensen Emerson

RLC Ampadu Fabregas

Moses Giroud CHO

Subs: Caballero, Luiz, Kovacic, Kante, Pedro, Willian, Morata

It needs to be a case of get in, get the job done and get out again.

Jorginho has travelled. Saw a photo. 

Ham   

If CHO doesn't start or get significant minutes then there is a serious issue with his relationship with Sarri. 

34 minutes ago, Ham said:

If CHO doesn't start or get significant minutes then there is a serious issue with his relationship with Sarri. 

Not sure that is true at all. 

paulw66   
39 minutes ago, Ham said:

explain?

4 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Not sure that is true at all. 

quite....