• Current Donation Goals

3 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

So, the ones we have aren't any good, and the one's we might buy aren't any good, so where do we go then Mark?  Stuffed, aren't we? If, that is, we believe your take on things,, which is always super negative. 

Negative or not , he's still going to give us the same quandry that Morata does in as much as he's not clinical enough in front of goal . 

Didn't realise I was super negative , funny how other people perceive you isn't it ?

6 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

There's only 8 points between us and 6th/7th/8th place currently,

After just 12 games there is already a huge 8 point gap between us and 6th/7th/8th place

paulw66   
57 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

After just 12 games there is already a huge 8 point gap between us and 6th/7th/8th place

yes, after 1 game, that gap was only 2 points. 

Seems there is two ways to look at our 18 game unbeaten start to the season. There's the positive view, which I very much have , and the negative view.

Maybe I'm overly positive,  other than last season I always am regarding Chelsea, but 18 games in, unbeaten, 3rd in the league and having played some quite simply amazing football at times, I feel quite justified to be positive. If anybody had offered anyone of us this start before a ball was kicked we all would have taken it, without hesitation.

After 18 games there are an awful lot of positives and personally I can't wait to see how this team develops under Sarri, especially when we stop playing with 10 men once we find a half competent striker.

I never expected to get anywhere near City this season and it was all about getting back in the top 4. So far we have shown we are more than ready to compete with the 5 other clubs to reach that goal. Add a striker and it's almost nailed on.

I am fully aware there are some issues, I can't really believe anyone would think there wouldn't be after 18 games with a new manager but I think there is far more to be positive about than negative, especially when a lot of the negativity seems to be people guessing what may or may not happen.

4 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Seems there is two ways to look at our 18 game unbeaten start to the season. There's the positive view, which I very much have , and the negative view.

Maybe I'm overly positive,  other than last season I always am regarding Chelsea, but 18 games in, unbeaten, 3rd in the league and having played some quite simply amazing football at times, I feel quite justified to be positive. If anybody had offered anyone of us this start before a ball was kicked we all would have taken it, without hesitation.

After 18 games there are an awful lot of positives and personally I can't wait to see how this team develops under Sarri, especially when we stop playing with 10 men once we find a half competent striker.

I never expected to get anywhere near City this season and it was all about getting back in the top 4. So far we have shown we are more than ready to compete with the 5 other clubs to reach that goal. Add a striker and it's almost nailed on.

I am fully aware there are some issues, I can't really believe anyone would think there wouldn't be after 18 games with a new manager but I think there is far more to be positive about than negative, especially when a lot of the negativity seems to be people guessing what may or may not happen.

Agree with all of this. I never expected us to be challenging for the title this season... top 4, back in the CL for the following season, and decent showing in cups (maybe even winning one again) is what I was, and still am, hoping for. We've played some good football at times. At others I've felt frustrated. However, we have a new manager with a different approach/philosophy; that was never going to fall into place immediately. Indeed, I've been pleasantly surprised at how quickly some of the players have taken to the new system and style. 

There are clearly some squad members surplus to requirements, and we're short of viable options in a couple of positions, but overall we're not too far from being a very decent side.

6 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

I think you have to factor some good fortune too in our current position. I have always been the first to moan when bad luck, dodgy refs or any outside force goes against us, so I would be a hypocrite now not to recognise that all the points we have amassed to get us into third, haven't all been from super amazing football (some have but a significant amount haven't). But that's fine as it's about time we had a bit of good fortune so let's ride it. However your spectacles I feel, are a little too rose tinted for me. How much of our football has been "quite simply amazing"?  I reckon that however many games you can point to as "simply amazing", I can point to an equal amount when we have been lucky to come away with the points. On top of this we have relied heavily on Hazard splendid form, and Morata has possibly had his one purple patch of the season. On the plus side, our defence is starting to gel and we have incredible depth in midfield which will stand us in good stead through the coming months. However if we cannot find someone to hit the back of the net regularly , it will all be to waste.

kev61   

There is a cohesion about this team that I haven't seen in a while,apart from  a striker  that looks like a cactus planted in antartica - he is dying a death apart from the odd good game.

I have watched city and they are not all that - we will probably fall way short of them at the end of the season but we are as good as any other team in the league and probably better.

Give Sarri a chance we are playing much better football and with a few tweaks we will be a force to be reckoned with on the European stage.

Edited by kev61