• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tottenham Hotspur 3 Chelsea 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley Stadium, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30, Saturday, 24th November, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

Wouldn't like to call this one with our dip in form , but it's Spurs so 2-1 to the Chels (Hazard winner after they try and break his legs 4 times).

This is now the game I want to win most each year . They have the luck of the devil , cheat their way through every game and the Media lap it up .  

Once again it depends on the ref , we should be using the Media to highlight collective fouling , but we won't .

The media will want a Spurs win and BT will probably have David Ginola and Hoddle from hospital to give us the expert view on why Hazard dived as the medics are trying to find his leg in the stands .

We need to get back to playing quick passing football and not the laborious stuff we dished up against Everton at times .

I hope we smash them.

Edited by Mark Kelly

Sciatika   

^ Agree but, for me, Liverpool and Spuds are equal in my contempt.

Hate this lot and really aren't many, if any, teams I prefer to see us beat. Cheating media darlings.

They're going to kick Hazard off the pitch, so that should be no surprise to us and because of this I'd play Pedro and Barkley as they're more of a goal threat than Willian and Kovacic and so if Hazard is marked (kicked) out the game, the space that's then left should be filled by these two. I'd also play Giroud because we need a bit of muscle up top and not Morata who's going to drop to the floor at every opportunity (and non-opportunity)

I'd go with:

Kepa

Azpi Rudiger Luiz Alonso

Kante Jorginho Barkley

Pedro Giroud Hazard

Subs: Caballero, Cahill, Zappa, Fabregas, Kovacic, Willian, Morata

I don't care how we do it, but let's just beat them. Annoyingly we have to wait until after ANOTHER international break.

Lose this one and we will be fourth - most likely trailing City by 7. 

That's a pretty uncomfortable reality check with the start we've had to the season. 

Win and we put some distance between ourselves and Tottenham (while Arsenal play Bournemouth away). 

On 13/11/2018 at 8:30 AM, My Blood Is Blue said:

I'd go with:

Jorginho Barkley

Sorry to say

Ali & Dier will ghost past these two with pure pace.

paulw66   
On 11/14/2018 at 9:23 PM, The_Ghost said:

Lose this one and we will be fourth - most likely trailing City by 7. 

That's a pretty uncomfortable reality check with the start we've had to the season. 

Win and we put some distance between ourselves and Tottenham (while Arsenal play Bournemouth away). 

Is it?

I thought most sensible people would have considered 3rd / 4th as the chief, sensible target for the season. To be in 4th 1/3 of the way through would suggest we are on target for that.

7 points behing City after 13 games, means 20 behind at the end on a pro rata basis. As City look to be on course for 102 points pro rata, that means we are looking at 82. Would be an excellent total and will probably guarantee 3rd.  

12 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Is it?

I thought most sensible people would have considered 3rd / 4th as the chief, sensible target for the season. To be in 4th 1/3 of the way through would suggest we are on target for that.

7 points behing City after 13 games, means 20 behind at the end on a pro rata basis. As City look to be on course for 102 points pro rata, that means we are looking at 82. Would be an excellent total and will probably guarantee 3rd.  

I think most “sensible” people should be expecting this Chelsea team to beat a pretty average Tottenham team and shouldn't be contented with falling 7 points behind City just because some people deemed 3rd place satisfactory. 

Most of these “sensible” people would have, presumably, based their predictions on the very reasonable assumption that the team would initially struggle under a new coach who came in pretty late.

Seeing as we got through that period pretty successfully, surely the expectations of this squad have to be raised?

paulw66   
7 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

I think most “sensible” people should be expecting this Chelsea team to beat a pretty average Tottenham team and shouldn't be contented with falling 7 points behind City just because some people deemed 3rd place satisfactory. 

Most of these “sensible” people would have, presumably, based their predictions on the very reasonable assumption that the team would initially struggle under a new coach who came in pretty late.

Seeing as we got through that period pretty successfully, surely the expectations of this squad have to be raised?

You clearly didn't read any of my post properly. 

If we get 82 points, that is a good season for me, bearing in mind we got 70 last season. If City get 102, like they are on course for, there isn't much we can do about it, bar the 2 games we play against them.

This "average" Spurs team are only 1 point behind us. 

Lastly, what was your target for Chelsea, this season? 3rd or 4th at best, I exepct.