• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Tottenham Hotspur 3 Chelsea 1

I think we are catching them just as they start to pick up form and they already lost at home to the teams above us. So I think a draw which isn't a bad result.

They're decimated by injury but are a decent side regardless steeped in the dark arts , once more we are as much playing the officials as the side we are facing . I'm fairly confident we'll win though .

paulw66   
24 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

They're decimated by injury but are a decent side regardless steeped in the dark arts , once more we are as much playing the officials as the side we are facing . I'm fairly confident we'll win though .

Who is missing for them?

12 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Who is missing for them?

Sanchez , Trippier , are sadly now the only two , a few days ago there were more but I hadn't checked , apparently Vertonghen has passed a fitness test so he'll be back .

5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Sanchez , Trippier , are sadly now the only two , a few days ago there were more but I hadn't checked , apparently Vertonghen has passed a fitness test so he'll be back .

Dirtiest player in the league together with Ashley Barnes and Danny Rose. 

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Dirtiest player in the league together with Ashley Barnes and Danny Rose. 

Fellaini?

Vertonghen is an absolute scumbag, no question. I really cannot stand him.

Given most Chelsea fans are not nearly as delusional as Spurs fans, I guess none of us is going to take a loss today as knocking us out of a title race that only Man City are in.

But Spurs fans are bound to have much greater hopes, especially as they are clearly going nowhere in the CL.

And given that Poch has now 3 titles as a manager (all Manager of the month) and Spurs have also won 3 titles (2LC and an FAC in 35 years) my bet is that they will go flat out to win this game.

Which on track records means it could get all a bit violent if it doesn't go their way from the start.

I'm wondering will Spurs protect key players for the midweek game against Inter.  Though even a win there would mean they have to win at Barca while inter would have to lose at home to PSV.   Perhaps they won't bother.

I'm also wondering what Martin Atkinson thinks about the game.  Graham Poll and Clattenberg both reffed according to PMGO policy, and their disgraceful performances were politely ignored by all, but both chose to resign in the following summer.  I feel pretty sure that both resignations were a silent recognition that something had gone horribly wrong.  How will Atkinson manage the game?

24 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Given most Chelsea fans are not nearly as delusional as Spurs fans, I guess none of us is going to take a loss today as knocking us out of a title race that only Man City are in.

But Spurs fans are bound to have much greater hopes, especially as they are clearly going nowhere in the CL.

And given that Poch has now 3 titles as a manager (all Manager of the month) and Spurs have also won 3 titles (2LC and an FAC in 35 years) my bet is that they will go flat out to win this game.

Which on track records means it could get all a bit violent if it doesn't go their way from the start.

I'm wondering will Spurs protect key players for the midweek game against Inter.  Though even a win there would mean they have to win at Barca while inter would have to lose at home to PSV.   Perhaps they won't bother.

I'm also wondering what Martin Atkinson thinks about the game.  Graham Poll and Clattenberg both reffed according to PMGO policy, and their disgraceful performances were politely ignored by all, but both chose to resign in the following summer.  I feel pretty sure that both resignations were a silent recognition that something had gone horribly wrong.  How will Atkinson manage the game?

Agree with this, this one of Spurs' cup finals and as you say, if things aren't going quite their way then violence will ensue and the referee will unfortunately miss most of the incidents, meaning limited free kicks and cards given out in the game. 

We need to keep our heads in this one, Rudiger and Luiz are the ones that concern me - Rudiger can be hot headed at times and Luiz could easily be drawn in to things he doesn't need to which will throw off his game. I wonder if this is one of the games where Sarri should ask Kante to play more similar to the role he's played over the last few years and sit deeper, breaking up play - my guess is he won't though.

Giroud should probably be starting this one, Morata is not built physically or mentally for this kind of game I fear.

COME ON CHELSEA!!!