• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tottenham Hotspur 3 Chelsea 1

JaneB   
7 minutes ago, Gormangorman said:

No true story, three strokes and the doctors put them down to dates when Chelsea played sh\t and lost.

I'm perfectly OK now which is why I can joke about it.

Well obviously being a Chelsea supporter should come with a health warning!

I wish you well.

43 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Well obviously being a Chelsea supporter should come with a health warning!

I wish you well.

LOL yes.  Thank you.

8 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

But it may have something to do with being pounded by our arch rivals.

It is all about the rivals.  I'm much more upset about Spurs looking good.  FFS they might even win a LC or something this year.  That will give them 2 DVDs to sell.

7 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Going by this lot though they would have sacked Guardiola before Christmas.

They should have done.  Most PL managers would have a City budget team in first place by Christmas.  16/17 was a huge black mark on Pep's reputation.

1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

They should have done.  Most PL managers would have a City budget team in first place by Christmas.  16/17 was a huge black mark on Pep's reputation.

something everyone but the press knows Pep needs money for expensive players so he doesnt have to actually coach. Barca Bayern and City is hardly proving anything tactical

On 11/25/2018 at 0:58 AM, Michael Tucker said:

We've certainly regressed from our form and approach earlier in the season. What we saw today was shapeless and pointless, and imo, fairly gutless by key players. They look like they've stopped listening to Sarri - but this has been going on (to varying degrees) for a few weeks now, and MS seems to have done bugger all to change things up. Maybe (hopefully!) this is the kick up the a**e he/we need to get back on track.

That's my 'reading-between-the-lines' as well. 

On 11/25/2018 at 11:49 AM, Martin1905 said:

The funniest thing about that is the manager has been here less than 4 months and lost 1 game in 19.

Quite. 

This is where we as a club and us as fans show our true colours. Are we ready to support a 'project' like City, Spurs or Liverpool have done over the last few years? Do we want an identity? Flair? A 'style'? 

Look at Klopp. Look at Pep. Had Pep been at Chelsea there every bit of risk he'd been sacked in his first season. Klopp would never have started his fourth season with us. Yes he hasn't won anything for them (yet) but the team he has built is special. Will they beat City? No. But they are nailed on second placed. Tottenham third. 

It'll be us, Arsenal and United fighting it out for fourth. 

kev61   

I think there are a lot of people still smarting from the spurs game -  we expected to at least make a game of it but in truth we were trounched.

Sarri made all the right noises after the game that made me think we are still on the right track with him as manager.

The next few games are crucial in our development under Sarri .Will he drop Luiz? who has been a disaster waiting to happen will he drop Morata for good and get rid?and will  he  give the likes of CHO a chance and will he realise you have to be more defensive against teams like spurs especially away from home.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

I think there are a lot of people still smarting from the spurs game -  we expected to at least make a game of it but in truth we were trounched.

Sarri made all the right noises after the game that made me think we are still on the right track with him as manager.

The next few games are crucial in our development under Sarri .Will he drop Luiz? who has been a disaster waiting to happen will he drop Morata for good and get rid?and will  he  give the likes of CHO a chance and will he realise you have to be more defensive against teams like spurs especially away from home.

Interesting 3 PL matches coming up

fulham home

wolves away

chitty home

six points should be the minimum from these games. 

Kezza   
16 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Are you unhappy that we are 4th in the league and lost one game?

What did you expect or want this season?

Did you actually watch Napoli and see what he did to some of their players?

Did you see the difference in them from when he took over to when he left?

I'll add one more

Is signing one outfield player and being given 4 months in charge all we give our new managers now?

I'll add one more. Which manager does people want? Even Pep and Klopp didn't hit the ground running. Pep got all his signings as well. I think some here are secretly wanting Jose back because he "guarantees" winning football at all cost.

Kezza   
2 hours ago, kev61 said:

That to me is key. At least he's not talking bull about heart and passion (blaming the players) but about bad defending and needing more training (basically pointing to himself as a manager).