• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Tottenham Hotspur 3 Chelsea 1

paulw66   
On 11/24/2018 at 9:57 PM, Michael Tucker said:

Dangerman Hazard, who had seven goals and four assists before the game, was also negated, with the Belgium captain's best effort in the opening period pushed away by Hugo Lloris - the French goalkeeper's only save of the game.

This sort of comment makes me laugh. If negated means fouled every five minutes, and having a clear penalty not given, then yes, he was negated. 

On 11/25/2018 at 1:57 AM, xCELERYx said:

While he's reduced Alonso's strengths by playing him as a fullback and nullifying the impact he has in the final third - this is a player who had scored 13 league goals in the previous two seasons and now currently has 1.

ow many of those 13 came from set pieces, either direct free kicks, or being up for a corner? Open play goals, he is probably on par, so nothing to do with playing position. Alonso has also won 2 penalties and got a couple of assists from within the opponents penalty area. 

On 11/24/2018 at 9:04 PM, kev61 said:

This is where Sarri earns his corn - no need to panic just yet but that was as bad a performance I have seen in a long while.

Almost as bad as Bournemouth at home, Watford away and Newcastle away last season. At least this one was against a good team

On 11/25/2018 at 10:49 AM, Martin1905 said:

The funniest thing about that is the manager has been here less than 4 months and lost 1 game in 19.

QFT

On 11/25/2018 at 2:07 PM, Mark Kelly said:

Secondly , we had three players booked to their none . 

Hazard kicked from pillar to post again and one , arguably two definite penalties not given and not one Spurs player booked .

They committed 18 fouls and got 0 yellow cards. Must be a season high across the PL. 

On 11/25/2018 at 2:14 PM, Martin1905 said:

I'm not sure if you would have seen on the highlights but Hazard's reaction to being booked was priceless. He literally laughed in his face. After being constantly fouled without a single booking he gets booked for absolutely nothing. 

At 1-0 down that penalty, which was as blatant as you could hope for, could have changed the game.

It happens several times. I saw at WBA last season. He got kicked from pillar to post, some of which weren't even given as fouls, then he commits one himself and gets booked. 

On 11/25/2018 at 2:15 PM, Gormangorman said:

Arsenal will be above us very soon

Top four goodbye

Well at least that will cheer you up 

On 11/25/2018 at 2:16 PM, Kezza said:

Aubameyang is apparently light weoght and not good enough. While Morata is supposedly good and strong at holding up the ball and Giroud is a physical player.

according to who? you have responded to a made up argument that literally nobody has ever said. 

On 11/25/2018 at 3:09 PM, Gormangorman said:

Sarri was found out in Italy since he couldn't adapt or change games. Looks like he is going to fall flat in England now his strategy and bizarre infatuation with Jorginho has been found out.

Fully expect he will be gone by next year and Jose brought back to save the season.

Once again the board has failed

1 defeat = found out....... 

On 11/25/2018 at 3:34 PM, Gormangorman said:

Arsenal are unstoppable nailed on for top four, we are down and out with hopeless tactics, inflexible manager and clueless board.

They are 5th. 

On 11/26/2018 at 1:02 AM, Kezza said:

One defeat and every manager becomes a bad manager overnight. Get some perspective. This is the same team who we all knew has a lot of glaring holes from previous seasons. At least Sarri isn't happy about it. Previous managers would have blamed it on referees, non penalties and even say the better team lost.

Quite. 

On 11/26/2018 at 9:02 AM, Martin1905 said:

I find it really strange that so many people are so negative right now. Did anyone really think we were going to have a season where we walked back into the top 4?

Did anyone really think that we would just adapt to everything Sarri wants us to do in 4 months?

Did nobody expect it to take a little time and maybe more than one permanent outfield signing to get up to speed and play the way the new manager wants?

After 13 games how many people would have been unhappy at being 4th?

Martin, have you been on this forum before after a defeat, or even a draw?! This match day thread is already several pages more than any game we won this season.......

With regards to the last comment, it isn't just the league position, it is the number of points. What is different this season is that 3 teams went 12 games unbeaten. It might take a record number of points to finish 4th this season. 

On 11/26/2018 at 11:57 AM, Martin1905 said:

This season was all about getting back in the top 4 and building from there.

In a nutshell

44 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

This sort of comment makes me laugh. If negated means fouled every five minutes, and having a clear penalty not given, then yes, he was negated. 

ow many of those 13 came from set pieces, either direct free kicks, or being up for a corner? Open play goals, he is probably on par, so nothing to do with playing position. Alonso has also won 2 penalties and got a couple of assists from within the opponents penalty area. 

Almost as bad as Bournemouth at home, Watford away and Newcastle away last season. At least this one was against a good team

QFT

They committed 18 fouls and got 0 yellow cards. Must be a season high across the PL. 

It happens several times. I saw at WBA last season. He got kicked from pillar to post, some of which weren't even given as fouls, then he commits one himself and gets booked. 

Well at least that will cheer you up 

according to who? you have responded to a made up argument that literally nobody has ever said. 

1 defeat = found out....... 

They are 5th. 

Quite. 

Martin, have you been on this forum before after a defeat, or even a draw?! This match day thread is already several pages more than any game we won this season.......

With regards to the last comment, it isn't just the league position, it is the number of points. What is different this season is that 3 teams went 12 games unbeaten. It might take a record number of points to finish 4th this season. 

In a nutshell

Very good collation of pertinent emails from both sides of the fence Paul and I agree entirely with your comments re: the MDF. Absolutely a place to avoid at all costs!

12 hours ago, Kezza said:

I'll add one more. Which manager does people want? Even Pep and Klopp didn't hit the ground running. Pep got all his signings as well. I think some here are secretly wanting Jose back because he "guarantees" winning football at all cost.

I know I am in probably a minority of one, but I would have taken a risk and employed Lampard and Morris. Not just because everyone would have given them a lot of leeway and support, but because I believe he has the "right stuff". 

And yes I know the general consensus is that he can now cut his teeth at Derby and learn by his mistakes there and come back here to manage in a few years and be fab-u-lous...but I would actually like him here now because he knows us and he knows the players and their strengths/ faults. We missed a trick IMO.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

I know I am in probably a minority of one, but I would have taken a risk and employed Lampard and Morris. Not just because everyone would have given them a lot of leeway and support, but because I believe he has the "right stuff". 

And yes I know the general consensus is that he can now cut his teeth at Derby and learn by his mistakes there and come back here to manage in a few years and be fab-u-lous...but I would actually like him here now because he knows us and he knows the players and their strengths/ faults. We missed a trick IMO.

How many of the current squad played with SFL......Azpi, Cahill (not involved), Luiz, Willian......3 regulars. 2 more than Sarri. 

We missed a trick not appoitning a novice manager? Wow.

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

A trainee manager and a trainee assistant, neither of whom have coached adult teams before, let alone a delicate Morata.   Hell of a risk.

10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

How many of the current squad played with SFL......Azpi, Cahill (not involved), Luiz, Willian......3 regulars. 2 more than Sarri. 

Fair point, but you missed Moses, Hazard,  and in training Chistensen, and RLC.  8 players, 4 regulars.

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

A trainee manager and a trainee assistant, neither of whom have coached adult teams before, let alone a delicate Morata.   Hell of a risk.

Fair point, but you missed Moses, Hazard,  and in training Chistensen, and RLC.  8 players, 4 regulars.

Yes, one season of Hazard, I forgot that, whilst both Christensen and RLC made their debuts after SFL had left, so you're right, nothing other than training / youth matches. 

36 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Yes, one season of Hazard, I forgot that, whilst both Christensen and RLC made their debuts after SFL had left, so you're right, nothing other than training / youth matches. 

Two seasons with Hazard, and pre-season with Christensen.  And Lampard has spent plenty of time watching them and plenty of time at Cobham (Morris too).
But I agree he was never going to be given the job.  I'd be surprised if he'd be acceptable without 10 years as a manager or a big trophy.

I can't think of the last permanent PL manager appointed without a track record in the PL, or a big league abroad.  Let alone a big 6 manager.  The only way for a Brit to get into PL management seems to be by getting promotion from Championship first.  Getting the Derby job is as good as SFL can hope for.  Even JT has settled for No2= at Villa.

chara   

Lack of goals?.... two cfs neither of whom really score ...nobody is afraid of Morata or Giroud...everyone is afraid of Kane and Aguerro..and were afraid of Costa and Drogba. Oversimplifying but we can all see the main problem is not having a goal scorer who frightens a defence...

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Yes I mean look at those muppets Real Madrid appointing a novice like Zidane....wow!

And do you know of two coaches out there who are more familiar with Chelsea first team players, squad players, youth players, our set up, our back room staff, our fans, our owner than Lampard and Morris?  of course you don't.

No surprise in that reaction because like I say, I'm in a minority of one. I'm probably wrong and you're no doubt all right. But I'll let you know if I have changed my mind at the end of the season.

10 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Yes I mean look at those muppets Real Madrid appointing a novice like Zidane....wow!

And do you know of two coaches out there who are more familiar with Chelsea first team players, squad players, youth players, our set up, our back room staff, our fans, our owner than Lampard and Morris?  of course you don't.

No surprise in that reaction because like I say, I'm in a minority of one. I'm probably wrong and you're no doubt all right. But I'll let you know if I have changed my mind at the end of the season.

Zidane had been working with RM for 7 years in various roles, sporting Director, first team coach, special adviser, RM B manager,.
Lampard got his A coaching badge this summer, and was due to start on his Pro badge this autumn.  That means he can't manage a PL team. or one in a UEFA competition yet.  

As Jodi has said, familiarity with the youth players is not a requirement at Chelsea:)