• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 4 PAOK Salonica 0

3 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Loftus Cheek, I agree, was excellent last night. He seems almost the perfect player to play as the third midfielder alongside Kante and Jorginho.  I hope he gets a run of games to prove himself one way or another. He is certainly above Barkley right now, who after all the people claiming he had proved everyone that doubted him wrong has done absolutely nothing since that one good game. 

I thought RLC did much more to better his chances last night than he did in the game where he scored a hat trick. He showed he could get back and defend, hold the ball up, used it well and also got a few shots off. I think he has the best mix of attributes for that third midfield role, Kovacic being a more defensive option and Barkley a more attacking option. I also don't think we should sign Kova in the summer, I think the fees that were being bandied about we could get a more effective player for the 8 position, he is probably more suited to Kante's position which he won't get. Kova's minutes IMO should therefore be reduced and used to develop RLC who is from our academy and an asset we actually own.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I thought RLC did much more to better his chances last night than he did in the game where he scored a hat trick. He showed he could get back and defend, hold the ball up, used it well and also got a few shots off. I think he has the best mix of attributes for that third midfield role, Kovacic being a more defensive option and Barkley a more attacking option. I also don't think we should sign Kova in the summer, I think the fees that were being bandied about we could get a more effective player for the 8 position, he is probably more suited to Kante's position which he won't get. Kova's minutes IMO should therefore be reduced and used to develop RLC who is from our academy and an asset we actually own.

Absolutely spot on. The Kovacic loan looks incredibly stupid right now. Any minute that he steals from RLC is a minute lost for us.

Kanté (Kovacic) - Jorginho (Fabregas) - Loftus-Cheek (Barkley) is how I see our midfield at the moment. 

I thought there were some real positives from last night, 10 man weak opposition not withstanding.

RLC - was very good and thankfully got himself involved a lot more throughout.

CHO - obviously enjoyed last night too. Not scared to run at defenders. Much to learn, but has a very bright future.

Ampadu - odd to put him in at right back, but after a bit of a confused 1st five minutes, he settled really well and was confident and showing for the ball a lot.

Goals for both strikers.

Overall, it was (at long last) very satisfying to have a large chunk of the game with CHO, RLC, Christensen and Ampadu playing.

7 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

I thought there were some real positives from last night, 10 man weak opposition not withstanding.

RLC - was very good and thankfully got himself involved a lot more throughout.

CHO - obviously enjoyed last night too. Not scared to run at defenders. Much to learn, but has a very bright future.

Ampadu - odd to put him in at right back, but after a bit of a confused 1st five minutes, he settled really well and was confident and showing for the ball a lot.

Goals for both strikers.

Overall, it was (at long last) very satisfying to have a large chunk of the game with CHO, RLC, Christensen and Ampadu playing.

Let’s keep this victory in context. Played a championship team with 10 men. 

On the positive the acadamy players step up to the mark when asked. Unfortunately the coach is picking players on age and pay packet. 

• Like 1

JaneB   

Sometimes there are no words...…….

Weak opposition but I still love these two in the team :-)

cesc and olivier.jpg

24 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Let’s keep this victory in context. Played a championship team with 10 men.

Yes, that is why I used the phrase "10 man, weak opposition notwithstanding" in the first line of the post you quoted...

kev61   
11 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Yes , probably a little bit higher than we should be due to good fortune. 

My position on this is that you play to your strengths. If Sarri thinks J is his strength in that position fine.  Are you saying we can't play winning attractive football if Kante plays in his old position? If thats the case lets sell him in the window, get top money (he just signed a new deal so no probs there) then use it to buy a top striker. I can't think of a team in the world that wouldn't be interested in Kante as a DM. 

So Kante is the sacrificial lamb to the almighty 'system' - we looked weak in midfield BECAUSE Kante was asked to do something that he is not familiar with.

Sarri has struggled in the last few games in the premiership and one of the reasons is he is playing Kante in the wrong position.CHO is getting interest from Bayern but Sarri is saying he needs to do more in training - aye right let's get rid of one of the most gifted young players we have just because he doesn't look great in training.

Nobly I agree with you, Kante  is a player that any team in the world would love to have,he is not a nuance player he is a player that you build a team around.

chara   

Perspective is all...the Chelsea lineup yesterday would finish in the "pack" if played as the EPL,maybe leading the chasers but not in the top six... individuals had time and breathing space to showcase themselves..all good and gives an idea of ability but if a player like Fabregas can't spray passes against such opposition then he shouldn't still be playing. Both full backs looked eager and attacked but does that make them nailed on starters at the weekend?..Ampadu to me looks the one youngster ready for EPL and a great future...RLC looked good but seemed to fade and really look at the opposition..thats the issue with every comment on the game and players. CHO wanted to play and worked hard..plenty of time for him....

Not a put down as of course I was as happy as anyone to watch a 4-0 victory but not exactly the best opposition to get excited about beating...any side in the EPL would give a bharder game.

Why shouldn't CHO be given his chance, because he's not good enough?(which we will never find out, but Bayen obviously think he's worth taking a chance on), or his age?(which is crap, as plenty of players have played in the premiership at his age)..

id rather see him then watching Willian stroll around the pitch for 75 mins