• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 4 PAOK Salonica 0

chara   

Chelsea "Lite" beat a ten man side at the bottom of the group.....think they would have won as easily against 11....The Kepa didn't have a save or real touch. 

Always positives as long as you keep things in perspective.

I do like Ampadu.. gets stuck in and isn't afraid to use strength..(loved his get even yellow for Wales..yeah I know be a sportsman yadda yadda) Mature years above his age..RLC looked a lot better and Fabregas sprayed passes at leisure but the oppos were pressed so much they were knackered at the end.

Both full backs were effective but again keep in mind the opposition.

All goals well taken and maybe Morata will benefit from the new haircut!. Perhaps the refs won't see who it is and give some of his deck kissing!

Any 4-0 win is good.

A beautiful big swinging co ck of a performance against the effervsecent Greeks, Great to see Sarri go with his balls out and throw it in the face of Salonica.

Spurs will probably lose to Barca and we will draw them in the next round.

46 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Sarri is starting to make some strange decisions

Is he another manager that loses his marbles after a promising start to their tenure?.

Scolari mark 2

chelboy   
1 hour ago, kev61 said:

Sarri is starting to make some strange decisions and his comments about CHO and  Kante makes no sense.

Is he another manager that loses his marbles after a promising start to their tenure?.

I have just seen his comments about CHO after the game. Very odd thing to say about him. I am not sure why his age is being brought into it. If your good enough you will play in this league regardless of your age. I feel disappointed when I hear him say players like RLC  need to improve in the defensive phase etc especially when players like Kovacic are poor in the offensive phase but never mentions it. We have no perfect midfielders all of them have their weaknesses and strengths. Its the type of excuses or comments I expect to hear from JM or Conte. 

It would be interesting to find out why he picks Willian ahead of Pedro and if he’s really happy with his contribution. Pedro has started half of the games Willian has and still has a better goals and assists combination in the PL...

Edited by chelboy

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

Sarri is starting to make some strange decisions and his comments about CHO and  Kante makes no sense.

I know CHO is young with a lot to learn but if Sarri still can't see the potential in this lad he really is no judge of talent. His comment about Kante not having the necessary technical ability to play in his favoured position (where he has won the PL with two different teams and the world cup ) was bizarre and worrying to say the least. 

Nice to get a good win though, even against a lightweight team with 10 men. Hopefully a few points made here by players knocking on the door....or will it just fly straight over Sarri's head?

50 minutes ago, chara said:

Chelsea "Lite" beat a ten man side at the bottom of the group.....think they would have won as easily against 11....The Kepa didn't have a save or real touch. 

Par at home against 11 of this lot is 4-0.  6+-0 against 10.
So while Fabregas (who was brilliant at times), CHO, Giroud and Morata for his cameo can be happy, though not delighted with their day, I think most should be a little disappointed.  Barkley and RLC in particular, who without doing much wrong missed out on what should have been better.  FBs too, who had a ridiculous amount of space, but the crossing wasn't brilliant given the time they had to put them in.

I liked CHO's movement, every time I saw Emerson overlap, I saw CHO taking the FB inwards leaving Emerson all alone out wide.
Giroud is still first choice with me.
And a Fabregas - Kante - Jorgy midfield, in any order.

Fulham and Wolves big games now.  After the last few, we really need to make opponents scared of what we can do - teams have played with much more confidence against us recently than is good for us.

8 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I know CHO is young with a lot to learn but if Sarri still can't see the potential in this lad he really is no judge of talent. His comment about Kante not having the necessary technical ability to play in his favoured position (where he has won the PL with two different teams and the world cup ) was bizarre and worrying to say the least. 

Is this the quote? Make a great deal of sense to me.   Neymar or Mbappe  he aint.  But very promising - which is in line with what Sarri just said.

Despite being impressed with the youngster's performance, Sarri wasn't getting carried away.

"I don't know if Hudson-Odoi is able for the Premier League at 18, especially in a big team," he said.

"If he's good enough to play in a big team in the Premier League at 18 then he could be the best player in Europe in two years."I think he played very well but the type of match was for his characteristics as they had 10 men after seven minutes. We only needed to play in the offensive phase, he's very able to do this but I want to see him in a match when he has to play in a defensive phase."

On Kante he clearly expects his playmaker to be the guy at the back of the midfield.  No one seriously believes Kante is a playmaker, certainly not Kante.  You might not agree that Kante should play further forward, but surely nobody thinks he is the next Pirlo.

kev61   
10 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Nice to get a good win though, even against a lightweight team with 10 men. Hopefully a few points made here by players knocking on the door....or will it just fly straight over Sarri's head?

I wonder does Sarri  get a rollicking after a bad result by the powers above? - that would explain his bizarre comments and tactics or is  he starting to struggle in a league that most managers do.

2 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I wonder does Sarri  get a rollicking after a bad result by the powers above? - that would explain his bizarre comments and tactics or is  he starting to struggle in a league that most managers do.

Or maybe he just reads this thread :)

kev61   
3 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Or maybe he just reads this thread :)

Managers should read supporters forums,they will get more of an insight into players and tactics, because supporters have no agenda other than the success of the club.