• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 4 PAOK Salonica 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Europa League match against PAOK Salonika at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00, Thursday, 29th November, 2018 (Local UK time/date).

Vinod   

I think, if we play well, we should be able to get something from this game.

2 minutes ago, Vinod said:

I think, if we play well, we should be able to get something from this game.

Or at least keep the score down. Lol.

This has become an annoyingly tricky game - an unconvincing performance in this one, following the spurs debacle and the press will be on us and a few heads in the squad may begin to drop. I'm more than confident we'll get the result, but if we make hard work of it, that could begin to unsettle a few. So based on that, does Sarri stick or twist? Presumably the plan would have been to rest plenty for this game, however we need to bounce back quickly after Saturday and this is a great opportunity to do that. 

Personally I would expect quite a few still to be rested, but wouldn't be shocked if we saw more first teams than expected. I'd be tempted to try out Rudiger and Christensen as a CB pairing and Kante in a deeper role. I would play:

Kepa

Zappa  Rudiger  Christensen  Emerson

Kante  Kovacic

Pedro  RLC  CHO

Giroud

Subs: Willy, Azplicueta, Cahill, Fabregas, Barkley, Willian, Morata

with a view to playing this team vs Fulham:

Kepa

Azpilicueta  Rudiger  Christensen  Alonso

Kante  Jorginho

Willian  Barkley  Hazard

Giroud

Subs: Willy, Zappa, Cahill, Fabregas, Kovacic, Pedro, Morata

* I understand it's unlikely we'll change formation, but I just personally feel it's worth looking at over the next couple of games.

• Like 1

Time to give the players who have performed a chance to do it more regularly. Several players that have been considered automatic first choice who should look over their shoulders - Kovacic, Azpilicueta, Luiz, Kanté, Willian, Morata. All of them needs to do better than what they have been doing over the last month and a half. 

My team: 

Arrizabalaga

Zappacosta Christensen Cahill Emerson

Barkley     Fabregas     Loftus-Cheek

Pedro        Giroud        Hudson-Odoi

On 27 November 2018 at 10:01 AM, The_Ghost said:

Time to give the players who have performed a chance to do it more regularly. Several players that have been considered automatic first choice who should look over their shoulders - Kovacic, Azpilicueta, Luiz, Kanté, Willian, Morata. All of them needs to do better than what they have been doing over the last month and a half. 

My team: 

Arrizabalaga

Zappacosta Christensen Cahill Emerson

Barkley     Fabregas     Loftus-Cheek

Pedro        Giroud        Hudson-Odoi

We ave already qualified for the next round, so he shouldn't even think about picking anyone who will play Sunday, but the way sarri is talking he's going to play a strong team.

We need to send out a message

Balls out big schlong swinging Saari style

Peppa

Emeri Azpi Christenson Moses

Jorginho

Cesc Cesc baby Kovaviciec

Kante Bats Willian

In your face Europe, the brexit express in coming for you

It should be completely irrelevant this game, but because of recent performances it's significant.  I've given up guessing team selection for these type of games. CHO won't make the subs bench I guess.

xCELERYx   
12 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

It should be completely irrelevant this game, but because of recent performances it's significant.  I've given up guessing team selection for these type of games. CHO won't make the subs bench I guess.

Don't hold your breath on it being significant Nobly. If Sarri stays true, he'll field his typical EL team which will largely consist of players who've hardly played, lack match fitness, chemistry, cohesion and a full understanding of the system - yet will be expected to perform at 100%.

That team will then be rotated back for the PL side and regular order will resume. 

There's little to be taken from this game, win lose or draw. Not unless we see much of our usual eleven rolled out. 

Edited by xCELERYx