• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Gianluca Vialli ‘fine now’ after cancer reveal

JaneB   

Indeed. Stay strong and well Luca 💙

Ham   

I wondered why he just disappeared from social media completely and then resurfaced recently again. 

Sad to hear he has been suffering but great to hear he's recovering well.

Forza Luca.  💙

paulw66   
16 hours ago, blueandproud said:

Great to hear Luca is recovering.  An absolute top player in his day and a top man.  

One of those players I would loved to have seen here in his prime. 

My little boy is called Luca, and the Mrs doesn't know why (shush) 

• Haha 3

He was one of the reasons I switched primary allegiance from my beloved Cambridge United (along with their dropping out of the league seemingly with no way back). Watching him play along with Zola and Gullit was a heady blend (I have two sons called Nicholas and Mark - nothing to do with supporting Hampshire cricket since the 80s - my wife should be grateful that our third was a girl - either Gordon or Marshal was planned for the next).

JaneB   
6 hours ago, blue moon said:

He was one of the reasons I switched primary allegiance from my beloved Cambridge United (along with their dropping out of the league seemingly with no way back). Watching him play along with Zola and Gullit was a heady blend (I have two sons called Nicholas and Mark - nothing to do with supporting Hampshire cricket since the 80s - my wife should be grateful that our third was a girl - either Gordon or Marshal was planned for the next).

You could have called her Shane?

Zola and Gullit, two players I was lucky enough to see play in the flesh many times which I will always treasure.  Although Ruud was past his prime when he came to us, he could still play everyone else off the pitch.  Some of those passes...……..  

5 hours ago, JaneB said:

Thanks. Never thought of that. Shane she is!

chara   
On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:03 AM, JaneB said:

Zola and Gullit, two players I was lucky enough to see play in the flesh many times which I will always treasure.  Although Ruud was past his prime when he came to us, he could still play everyone else off the pitch.  Some of those passes...……..  

Oh Jane..My sister and I have been doing an exchange of movie scenes that should have been. My first offering was the closing scene from "Shane"..The worst child I have ever seen on the silver screen calls.."Shane..Come back Shane". "Shane shifts round in his saddle and says "Not F.....g likely"..fade...

Join you all with good wishes for Luca...there are far more important issues than those we choose to bandy about with each other..

Oh and a bonus...just because... "We''ll always have Paris".."Paris?..was that you?"...I'll leave now...