• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

 

I agree with you however that Jorginho, Fabregas and Kante as out first choice midfield is a no brainer. Maybe bring in Kovacic for the big games where we don't expect to dominate possession but when teams sit deep against us and we have the vast majority of the ball it's criminal to have Fabregas on the bench.

It’s looking more ominous based on the last few game that our style of play has been sussed. 

Putting fabregas and jorghinio in the same team is suicide they are one paced and unable to tackle. The opposite would by pass them putting immense pressure on the shaky defence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is quite hard to gauge whether the squad players deserve to start PL games given they only play against lesser opposition. Emerson has done well, but who's to say Alonso wouldn't have done as well or better against those teams. Zappa is an interesting one as he clearly offers more of an outlet when we have a lot of possession, arguably our best outright RB since he joined yet still reduced to a squad role. It is a tough one because I love Azpi, his attitude, captain when Cahill is out, been consistently great for years. Same with Cesc on all of the above, and there are others. 

I do think some rotation against the Fulhams and Wolves of this world would do the overall health of the team the world of good, and help hang on to the competent squad players we do have. Sarri has mentioned the ten games in December a few times so expect we will see it soon, and I can understand to some extent trying to bed his First 11 to his methods up to this point.

One of Barkley and RLC really need to bust a gut to secure that 8 position which appears to be the only spot truly up for grabs.

Edited by Lump Of Celery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lump Of Celery said:

It is quite hard to gauge whether the squad players deserve to start PL games given they only play against lesser opposition. Emerson has done well, but who's to say Alonso wouldn't have done as well or better against those teams. Zappa is an interesting one as he clearly offers more of an outlet when we have a lot of possession, arguably our best outright RB since he joined yet still reduced to a squad role. It is a tough one because I love Azpi, his attitude, captain when Cahill is out, been consistently great for years. Same with Cesc on all of the above, and there are others. 

Zappa is IMO more of a rival to Alonso, as the FB that gets forward while the other defends.  Indeed I could imagine if Alonso is unavailable, Azpi moving across to make that happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sea foot   

In a funny way I've got a good feeling about the fixture pile up this year. We all know that Sarri has his favoured core of players but I reckon that he must have seen enough now to know that changing two or three players through the team is doable now. 

Always the optimist me. Life's dished up a pile of shite lately so I get my small pleasures from watching us on a good run and looking hopeful for the near future.

KTBFFH 

🎼There's only one team in Fulham.🎶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, paulw66 said:

So no Kante in the squad?

That's right. 

I'd like to see us play a serious PL game with a more attack-minded midfield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would personally pick the below team however wouldn't be top fussed as long as we see Cesc, Jorginho and Kante together. 

                        Kepa

Zappa    Rudiger   Luiz    Alonso

       Kante    Jorginho  Cesc   

Pedro         Giroud           Hazard

Pedro provides more balance on the right especially with Giroud playing as he will make runs in behind. Even when Morata is playing okay I still think Hazard is twice the player alongside Giroud. Zappa over Azpi is an option I would seriously consider in these types of games as he offers more going forward. 

Most important player to start is Fabregas. He offers a cutting edge and whilst he may lack pace he speeds up everything with his technique and decision making. At home to Fulham it really would be daft to leave him out. He has just as much ability to get in the box as Barkley and against the worst defence in the league we should be going for the throat. 

Edited by samhoward17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Rod   

A few things concern me about Sarri's strategy.  Our transition from defence to attack is far too slow to hurt a top team. We win the ball.  Then we ping is around to allow the opponents to regroup.

Our transition from attack to defence is even more diabolical. We seem to be totally and completely exposed every time our attack breaks up. For Sarri to expect Jorginho to act as a defensive midfielder is a joke. Jorginho makes Fabregas look like Makelele is DM.

A culture is developing whereby the senior players must play regardless of how awful they play. Willian, David Luiz, are 2 players who shouod not be starting based on their current form. 

Overall our game lacks intensity in every part of the pitch. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

A few things concern me about Sarri's strategy.  Our transition from defence to attack is far too slow to hurt a top team. We win the ball.  Then we ping is around to allow the opponents to regroup.

Yes.  At first we pinged it around to suck in a press, and release it to an attack that outnumbered the defence.

WHU neutered that by just dropping off and watching the back 2 + Jorginho playing amongst themselves.
More worrying Spurs destroyed it by pressing and winning the ball often enough to be dangerous, while making the likes of Kante and the FBs very uncertain about going forward when we might lose the ball 40 yards behind them.

We need more alternatives. If they won't press some fast or more accurate ball is needed.  If they do press, someone has to drop back (Kovacic and or Azpi would be best) to make sure we don't ping it straight to Dele Alli or Eriksen.
Fabregas instead of Kovacic and IMO both problems solved.

30 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

A culture is developing whereby the senior players must play regardless of how awful they play. 

I think there should be a Red flag linked to every comment like this:  Warning: attack on my pet hate players ahead.

32 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Willian, David Luiz, are 2 players who shouod not be starting based on their current form. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, samhoward17 said:

I would personally pick the below team however wouldn't be top fussed as long as we see Cesc, Jorginho and Kante together. 

                        Kepa

Zappa    Rudiger   Luiz    Alonso

       Kante    Jorginho  Cesc   

Pedro         Giroud           Hazard

Pedro provides more balance on the right especially with Giroud playing as he will make runs in behind. Even when Morata is playing okay I still think Hazard is twice the player alongside Giroud. Zappa over Azpi is an option I would seriously consider in these types of games as he offers more going forward. 

Most important player to start is Fabregas. He offers a cutting edge and whilst he may lack pace he speeds up everything with his technique and decision making. At home to Fulham it really would be daft to leave him out. He has just as much ability to get in the box as Barkley and against the worst defence in the league we should be going for the throat. 

Cesc , teamed with Alonso ? Why am I expecting that to be followed swiftly by people calling for Luiz head ?

Still , it'd be nice seeing Schurrle have a field day for once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.